Knaves, OOC

Pulpatoon
Squid
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Knaves, OOC

#21 Post by Squid »

What would we roll to try to prevent Northland from bleeding out?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Luck is fickle for sure.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oh, to clarify: not everyone gets attack and defense rolls. It's one or another. I may have muddied this point by jumping back and forth between both. Here's the breakdown:

Round 1, PC Turn: You guys attacked. This was modeled by you rolling attack rolls.
Round 1, Bandit's Turn: The bandit's attacked. Modeled by you rolling defense rolls.
Round 2, PC Turn: You guys attacked. You rolled attack rolls.
Round 2, Bandit's Turn: The bandit's attacked. This time, I rolled attack rolls for the bandits.
Round 3, PC Turn: You guys attacked. You rolled attack rolls.
Round 3, Bandit's Turn: The bandit's called for a truce.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Pulpatoon »

Squid wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:19 pm What would we roll to try to prevent Northland from bleeding out?
Barring magic*, healing in Knave is not really a battleground maneuver:
After a meal and a full night’s rest, PCs regain lost hit points equal to a d8 plus their Constitution bonus. Resting at a safe haven restores all lost HP.
Running with the Knave assumption that your character's a generally competent, and given that you're not in combat at present, I'd say your efforts to stabilize her are automatically successful. In other circumstances, I might call for an Intelligence check.

*RAW, Knave doesn't have a healing spell on its spell list, but it allows for stealing spells from other sources. The lack of magical healing makes for a very different pace of game.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

How healing is handled by different RPG's is in my opinion the thing that changes the feel most. From D&D 5E where it is super available and quickly dealt with to HarnMaster where it can take weeks to recover from a battle, it sets the tone for the system.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Pulpatoon »

Exactly. Slow healing puts you in a much more resource-conscious frame of mind.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by tibbius »

Definitely agree.

The most dramatic moment I've had in a game recently was when my grifter got shot in the back (accidentally) by his android buddy in a game of 2400: inner system blues. It wasn't just a roll for how many hit points he lost, but a definite moment that we knew that it would be a long time or a lot of money before he got better.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

I am traveling to visit family today through Friday late. I am not sure if I will be able to post while I am there so feel free to NPC my character. I will be back Saturday.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm not going to post my first reaction is to say screw you, they aren't taking my weapons.... the balls on them. So much for a truce.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by Squid »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:45 pm I'm not going to post my first reaction is to say screw you, they aren't taking my weapons.... the balls on them. So much for a truce.
Right! I was thinking the same thing. :)

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by Squid »

They are the ones who called for a truce and they are trying to keep all the goods. We could try to negotiate and hopefully get something out of this. Maybe we could keep our weapons and a horse for getting Sara to safety? The angle being they managed to get away with the box, carriage, and a horse.

Not sure what's up with that newcomer who made the branch disappear? Mage of some kind?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'll update this afternoon, so if you have an action you'd like your character to engage in, please post before then!

Return to “Knave”