A Rush and a Push (IC)

tibbius
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: A Rush and a Push (IC)

#121 Post by kalstone »

Violet

Violet tips her hat to the bikers as they pass. She tries to determine if they look threatening.

Read People [1d8]=8

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by tibbius »

The bikers grin and wave their plastic bottles of spirits in a merry, non-threatening way.

The road continues through the trailer park. There must be nearly a hundred trailers down here. Most of them are dark and quiet; either deserted, or folks go to bed early. About a dozen, scattered through the park, are lit up with crowds of people thronging the rickety porches and dusty yards. Maybe that's where all the folk from the dark trailers went ... Music pumps as you pass one particularly overflowing trailer. A girl in a top so cropped that her bra peeks out waves energetically at you, a big grin on her drunken face. "Yawanna parr-tee?!" she exclaims.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Pulpatoon »

Peppermint

"Obliged for the invitation, Ma'am." He tips the brim of his hat and gives his mechanical goat a little nudge to keep moving on.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by tibbius »

Beyond the trailer park, the gravel road continues about half a mile, then ends at a drop off about a couple feet down. It looks like a dry stream bed. Or almost dry; there's a faintest whispering of water. It's dark out here. Do you have head lights or flash lights?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Pulpatoon »

Peppermint adjusts Barnabas' controls to dim its headlight to a low red glow—enough to avoid falling into a ditch, but hopefully not enough to alarm any lurking Beasts.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by kalstone »

Violet toggles the lamp on her portable device to light the way.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by tibbius »

There's a shallow stream bed, a rivulet of water going left to right along the bottom. The width of the bed is surprising, and suggests there might some century be a flood round here. Right now, the stream looks easy to cross - and that proves to be the case, you proceed without difficulty more than a little splashing.

The far side of the stream, you hesitate. Then you see, up and ahead, to your right, a small light dancing almost imperceptibly at the top of the gulch on the town side. The light blinks repeatedly - like someone might be keying it on and off to attract attention.

Did you give the Sheriff a way to contact you, before you headed to Shady Acres?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Pulpatoon »

tibbius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:33 pm Did you give the Sheriff a way to contact you, before you headed to Shady Acres?
Yes?

I mean, Yes! Definitely!

If we're sticking with the at-least-iPhone level of tech capability, I'd assume we'd be trading off contact information as a matter of course.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by tibbius »

Peppermint's antique flip phone shudders with an arthritic vibration - someone's calling.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Pulpatoon »

"Go fer Peppermint. Whatcha got?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by tibbius »

"We see you at the river crossing," answers the Sheriff clearly. "Follow the river toward us. The cave entrance is on the other side, where it bends against the base of the mesa. Deppety Arnaud has her long gun on the scope."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Pulpatoon »

Peppermint

"Much obliged, Sheriff."

To the others: "Anybody have a fancy plan for approaching this cave, or shall we just make a bee-line to it?"

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by kalstone »

Violet

"Let's head in, but be careful." She looks around for any signs of danger.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by tibbius »

As you approach the cave along the river, you see a lot of scuffed up clay with traces of claw marks. It seems like the strange predatory beast might frequent this area, maybe to come drink from the trickling stream?

"Should have mentioned," the Sheriff's voice crackles on Pulpatoon's phone speaker, "That there cave is sposeta be a disused entrance to the old salt mines. Ifn it is, the mines go in and down a long way. Don't get too deep."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Pulpatoon »

Peppermint takes a gander at the clawed tracks, to see what he can see.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:35 pm Peppermint takes a gander at the clawed tracks, to see what he can see.
Suggestive of a very big bird, something bipedal with great big claws anyhow. Leading to and from the trickle of water, and into the dark mouth of the cave.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Pulpatoon »

Peppermint shares this with the others, looking to Violet's mount. "Could be yer purdy-girl's bigger cousin."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#138 Post by kalstone »

Violet

"A big cousin. Reckon we oughta head in. Maybe we can catch it nappin' after its meal."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by tibbius »

This would be a good time, maybe, to assess your armaments.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “A Fistful of Crypto (24MBB)”