[OOC] The Grapevine

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

[OOC] The Grapevine

#1 Post by tibbius »

This is where we'll pause to chat about stuff in the game, outside of the game itself.

It seems important to establish boundaries on what we'll do and see in the game.

I personally do not want to see explicit torture, gratuitous violence, sexualized behaviors ...

I am ok with reference to offscreen intimacy.

Please let everyone know the boundaries that matter to you.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [OOC] The Grapevine

#2 Post by tibbius »

I put up the preceding post because there is a potential to get into a dungeon-crawly scenario. And there are a few options I'm weighing, if that occurs ...

One is the most horrific module I've ever read. It's an ultimate-cosmic-horror-mindfuck type of thing. If anyone objects to body horror, gaslighting, acid baths, disembowelment, being eaten alive, or being snatched into darkness ... please tell me not to run that one! If everyone says that you really want me to run it, I will.

Another is a pretty simple cave system with a branch+loop layout. No real content warnings on this one; it would be pretty standard fun, with mad science and a big predator.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

FarseersSeeFar
Squire
Squire

#3 Post by FarseersSeeFar »

tibbius wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:57 pm an ultimate-cosmic-horror-mindfuck type of thing.
You had me at this^
Also, I feel it may be best if I introduce my character after this current scene with The Sheriff? I don't want to dogpile with Peppermint here, or interfere with the narrative.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm generally game for whatever the group is into. I'm all for darkness and cosmic horror. I'm okay with some body horror, although I don't care to dwell on it.
I personally do not want to see explicit torture, gratuitous violence, sexualized behaviors ...
Yeah, that about sums up my attitude. Body horror that doesn't cross into the explicitly tortuous, gratuitously violent, or sexualized should be fine!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by kalstone »

Pulpatoon wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:23 pm
Yeah, that about sums up my attitude. Body horror that doesn't cross into the explicitly tortuous, gratuitously violent, or sexualized should be fine!
I agree with this.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by kalstone »

Would Violet have a flashlight? It's not something that's covered in character creation.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Pulpatoon »

I've been running with the assumption that we have access to at least iPhone levels of technological capability. But if I've been overstepping, let me know and I can rein it in!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by tibbius »

I think given mechanical horses, a smartphone (even with a multi-wavelength flashlight function) is not out of place.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “A Fistful of Crypto (24MBB)”