Announcements

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Announcements

#1 Post by dmw71 »

This thread is being refreshed. Its purpose remains the same (It will be used by the DM to call attention to any significant changes or situations the players need to be made aware of), but all previous "announcements" have either been purged if unnecessary or moved into the more appropriate 'House Rules' topic depending upon its current relevance.

The "official" 'Announcements' thread begins today.

---

01. Pre-Launch Status [09/17/2012]
02. Official Launch [09/25/2012]
03. Restart Date?
04. Official Re-Launch [02/25/2013] Note: Five months after the initial launch.
05. Missile Ranges
06. Year One
07. Hiatus - lifted
08. Rule Changes
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

01. Pre-Launch Status [09/17/2012]

#2 Post by dmw71 »

As the launch of this campaign nears, an update or checklist of still pending items is in order:

Character Sheets
No full text character sheet is required so continue goinging about creating your character as you have been. That said, there are certain pieces of information about each character that I want to keep readily at hand so I will create a simple, generic text template for all players. It will be brief and painless. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, this text template should be ready later this afternoon.

I will want to quickly review each completed character sheet prior to beginning the game, so please alert me once you believe your character sheet has been finalized so I can take a look at it. If any revisions or updates are required, they will be addressed before the game actually starts. This will also provide me with a chance to provide each character with...

---

Individual Backgrounds
Each character will begin the game with a very limited background. A detail relevant to this particular game that the character would know. This information can be shared... or not.

---

Game Introduction
Once the game is launched, the introduction will be extremely brief. This is by design. As such, I expect for players (or characters) to have a ton of questions. While it's possible that a character might not have an answer for every question asked, hints and other details will be released once the game truly gets started.

---

House Rules
A few rules still need to be added. These 'new' and 'old' rules will then be consolidated and reorganized into a more cohesive base.

---

Game on!
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

02. Official Launch [09/25/2012]

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Clear For Launch
While there still are a few minor bits and pieces which require finalizing, the game is officially launching today!

Any spell casters should refer to the newly created '09c. Spell Components (1st Level)' list recently posted, updating their character sheets to reflect the number of needed components of each type required to cast the spells they know.

A few quick items:

Character Sheets
For the most part, every character sheet has been approved (see 'Player Character Reviews'). A few players have some minor updates that still need to be addressed, but nothing remaining to be done from a character perspective is serious enough to hold up the game.

---

Game Introduction
As hinted at above, I originally imagined the entire party beginning the game together, facing the same situation at the same time. However, once the character creation process began and the various classes were selected, having the whole lot of characters beginning the game knowing each other; forming a single, existing group did not seem very likely. For this reason, some characters will begin the game on their own while others may find themselves in small groups.

---

"Introduction" Threads
I will be creating a new "Introduction" thread to be dedicated for each group (or individual) beginning the game. I am going to request (and loosely monitor) that players not involved in a particular "Introduction" thread to avoid visiting it. What happens to other characters that your character is not there to directly witness would not be known to them. I'd like to keep it that way.

Each "Introduction" thread will have its own very brief set-up. As previously mentioned, this vagueness is by design. Character's should feel free to jump right in and begin acting, or the players can keep the game on "pause" and ask questions. The actions and pace of the game, especially in the beginning, will be largely influenced by the players themselves.

---

So, without further adieu.... let the games begin!
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

03. Restart Date?

#4 Post by dmw71 »

Now that I have officially returned to the boards, the continuation of this game is inevitable. I have already spoken with every original player from the game and all are willing to return to the game once I’m able to make the necessary preparations.

Two of the characters -- Garth and Jareth -- have been migrated into different games. Nuke66 (Garth) has indicated that he is willing to control the same character in two different games at the same time, but Computer + 1 is not interested in doing the same with Jareth (which is understandable; I mean, how many paladin characters can you run simulataneously?).

I am going to allow Computer + 1 to generate a new character that will simply be injected into the game. All game background (and experience points) will transfer to this new character and the new character will enter the game in the same situation the party was facing when the game was halted.

I will need a bit of time to get back up to speed and make some preparations, and Computer + 1 will need some time to create a new character, but I have already requested that ToniXX unarchive the game. It is possible (if not likely) the game will resume by the end of this week or early next week.

Looking forward to getting things rolling again.

- Dave
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

04. Official Re-Launch [02/25/2013]

#5 Post by dmw71 »

I am going to officially list a re-start date of next Monday, February 25, 2013.

This will allow everyone time to catch up on the rules and current situation the characters find themsevles in. I know I read through the entire Prologue: All Players thread last night and found it very helpful. The individual players may also want to read through the "private" threads dedicated for their character as well, just to make sure nothing is forgotten.

For instance...

Garth and Shannigans made a discovery in their introductory threads.
Jareth and Kaltar were the first to make it to the base of the waterfall.
Gwillt noticed something of interest before descending the cliff.
Ewell had an encounter of his own before meeting the rest of the group... and something managed to escape him.

Of course, there is a more pressing issue currently facing the party but assuming you survive, a refresher course would probably be beneficial.

I actually just heard from Computer + 1 and he is going to simply modify his existing character and create a different paladin. Once Computer's new character is updated, I am perfectly willing to kick things off a bit early if everyone is ready.

--

Once you are personally ready, please reply to this 'Ready?' post.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

05. Missile Ranges

#6 Post by dmw71 »

I just realized that I never provided ranges for the various missle weapons. I have made the necessary updates to the following locations, and also copied the information below:

06. Firing Missiles Into Combat

08. Equipment

---

Missile Weapon Ranges

Code: Select all

Ranges (yards)
Item                             S    M     L
Blowgun (Barbed Dart)           10 |  20 |  30
Blowgun (Needle)                10 |  20 |  30
Short bow (Flight)              60 | 120 | 210
Short bow (Sheaf)               40 |  80 | 170
Long bow (Flight)               70 | 140 | 210
Long bow (Sheaf)                50 | 100 | 170
Composite short bow (Flight)    50 | 100 | 180
Composite short bow (Sheaf)     40 |  80 | 150
Composite long bow (Flight)     60 | 120 | 210
Composite long bow (Sheaf)      40 |  80 | 170
Club                            10 |  20 |  30
Crossbow (Hand quarrel)         20 |  40 |  60
Crossbow (Light quarrel)        60 | 120 | 180
Crossbow (Heavy quarrel         80 | 160 | 240
Dagger or dirk                  10 |  20 |  30
Dart                            10 |  20 |  40
Hand or throwing axe            10 |  20 |  30
Harpoon                         10 |  20 |  30
Javelin                         20 |  40 |  60
Knife                           10 |  20 |  30
Sling bullet                    50 | 100 | 200
Sling stone                     40 |  80 | 160
Spear                           10 |  20 |  30
Staff sling bullet              30 |  60 |  90
Staff sling stone               30 |  60 |  90
My apologies for the oversight.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

06. Year One

#7 Post by dmw71 »

This game was officially launched one year ago today.

(+365xp each)
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

07. Hiatus

#8 Post by dmw71 »

This game is temporarily being put on hiatus while I decide how to proceed with a particular situation.

---

Game unlocked.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

08. Rule Changes

#9 Post by dmw71 »

As these represent "significant" changes to the game, I felt the warranted a formal announcement (so as to not get buried in the "More Anything Goes" discussion.

I have made the following two updates to existing house rules, both effective immediately:

08. Critical Hits and Misses
11. Training Costs

Also, as the absence of training costs was a perk normally exclusive to the barbarian class, I have also decided to adjust the amount of experience points they require in order to level. Their new requirements will be double that of a ranger or a paladin, as found on the 'Warrior Experience Levels' table.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”