Evisath Spell Alterations

Ithril
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Evisath Spell Alterations

#1 Post by Ithril »

I've said it before, and it bears repeating: Magic is different in Evisath. a bit more powerful, and a bit less common than it is in most AD&D campaign worlds. To that end, it will be important (in fact vital) for game continuity for me to make specific notes on the changes I am making to the various spells that are being used by the players (and the NPC's).

This thread will be a running log of those changes, and I will update it as it becomes necessary, as it will be impossible (and probably unnecessary) to record all of the changes at one time. I will keep things in alphabetical order however, and by spell level to make it easier to find them when needed.

It also needs to be clear that the spell components listed in the descriptions are very 'mundane' and typical. Other components can be substituted for the ones listed. Such substitutions may either enhance or diminish the affects of the spell; possibly even altering it entirely, depending on the situation and the components substituted.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Wizard Spells

#2 Post by Ithril »

stuff about wizard spells when i do it.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

First Level Priest Spells

#3 Post by Ithril »

Bless
(Conjuration/Summoning)
Reversible
Sphere: All
Range: 60 yds.
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 6 rds.
Casting Time: 1 rd.
Area of Effect: 50-ft. cube
Saving Throw: None

Upon uttering the bless spell, the caster raises the morale of friendly creatures and any saving throw rolls they make against fear effects by +1. Furthermore, it raises their attack dice rolls by +1. A blessing, however, affects only those not already engaged in melee combat. The caster determines at what range (up to 60 yards) he will cast the spell. At the instant the spell is completed, it affects all creatures in a 50-foot cube centered on the point selected by the caster (thus, affected creatures leaving the area are still subject to the spell's effect; those entering the area after the casting is completed are not).

A second use of this spell is to bless a single item (for example, a crossbow bolt for use against a rakshasa). The weight of the item is limited to one pound per caster level and the effect lasts until the item is used or the spell duration ends.

Multiple bless spells are not cumulative. In addition to the verbal and somatic gesture components, the bless spell requires holy water.

This spell can be reversed by the priest to a curse spell that, when cast upon enemy creatures, lowers their morale and attack rolls by -1. The curse requires the sprinkling of unholy water.
(still working on this one)

Cure Light Wounds
(Necromancy)
Reversible
Sphere: Healing
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Permanent
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: None

When casting this spell and laying his hand upon a creature, the priest causes 1d6+3 points of wound or other injury damage to the creature's body to be healed. The healing is not instantaneous. 25% applied in the first round after casting, 50% applied in the second round, and the last 25% in the third round. Any fractions are applied in the second round; so if 25% results in a fraction, round it down for the first & last round, and add the difference to the second round. If you roll 5, for instance, 1 point in the first round, 3 points in the second round, and the last point in the final third round. This healing cannot affect creatures without corporeal bodies, nor can it cure wounds of creatures not living or of extraplanar origin.

The reverse of the spell, cause light wounds, operates in the same manner, inflicting 1d6+3 points of damage, applied in a similar manner as above. If a creature is avoiding this touch, an attack roll is needed to determine if the priest's hand strikes the opponent and causes such a wound.

Curing is permanent only insofar as the creature does not sustain further damage; caused wounds will heal--or can be cured--just as any normal injury.

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”