Welcome to the Game! Read this first!

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Welcome to the Game! Read this first!

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

Welcome to Forgotten Realms: Adventures in the North! I am hedgeknight or DM Hedge (a.k.a. Gary) and this is my fifth game (I think) on the US boards. I am an "old-timer" who began with Basic D&D in college in 1982, cutting my gaming teeth on the wonderful adventure The Lost City.
I am a "rules-lite" DM (which shall be covered in the Character Creation & House Rules thread) who respects the rules in the 1E hardcovers but is not a rules lawyer. I try to be consistent and fair and encourage suggestions from players about the specs of the game and what they wish to do with their characters.

The setting for this game (as the title states) will be in the Forgotten Realms, specifically the savage frontier of the North where all but one of my FR games has been since the boxed set was released.
We will likely begin in a small town either along the coast or in the wilderness. I have no time frame for completing this campaign; it could be a year, it could be several.

Important stuff to know before fully committing:

1/ This will be a "mature" game with some possible adult situations and words; nothing too graphic seeing as this is a public forum. If you are offended by an occasional curse word or sexual content, then you will want to look for another game.

2/ Posting frequency > 1-2 times a week; please notify me (and your fellow players) if you are going to be offline for an extended period of time.

3/ No rules lawyers please! As posted above, I respect the rules and I may respectfully bend them from time to time - all for the fun and fluidity of the game! Same goes for meta-gaming. Please try to remember: your character may not (or does not) know as much as you the player. ;)

4/ The name of the game is fun! That's the reason I game and the reason I like to DM. Characters get killed and bad guys sometimes win...only to get killed later! Your character is just a computer file - don't marry them, just have fun with them. Are we cool on that?

5/ This is OUR game! We are in this together! However, I am the DM...you are the player. Although I will often ask for your input on things, the final word is with me. I think that's true for most games, but I just wanted to put that out there for public consumption! :)
Winter is coming...

Return to “Forgotten Realms: Adventures in the North (1e)”