The Secret Base of Iuz

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Secret Base of Iuz

#341 Post by hedgeknight »

Below the Chimney...Healing and Heading Out

The chest reveals potential magic that could save their lives and get them out of here. Montego gasps at its contents, particularly the tiny insect of obsidian. In the back of his mind, he thinks he has heard of such in the past.
Montego: Intelligence check: [1d20]=6
The figure is a magical piece which transforms into its likeness upon command. This fly will be big enough to ride!

The ranger places the brass horn on Kranston's chest...even though the Dwarf is unable to move anything but his eyeballs...for now. Montego then takes a look at the vials, unstoppering them and taking a sniff. "These potions could be the healing elixir we need to get us out of this place."
I drink....I drink... Muldgarr whispers, barely able to speak. Montego looks to Sai who shrugs and then he helps Muldgarr drink it: Potion of extra-healing: [3d8+3]=9+3=12

Montego offers a vial to Cassius, who can only nod weakly...but gulps it down just the same.
Potion of extra-healing: [3d8+3]=20+3=23
Muldgarr opens his eyes and sits up, and Cassius does the same, breathing easily, but still bearing the scars from the hot metal against his flesh.

With only Kranston still unable to move, the heroes of the Border Watch gather all of the treasure and weapons they can carry (Adelphocleas will allow the chest to be strapped to his back as long as a blanket is under it), Dorin and Farkus will carry Kranston, and the group is ready to depart the lower caves of the mines.

Following the tunnel backwards, the group passes through the burned out area where the Orcs and wolves died thanks to Sai's magic and fire. The sky is overcast, but the mood is bright, knowing the forces of Iuz, at least in this region, have been routed. The battle here...for now...is done.
The journey back to Fort Critwall is slow, and the heroes are on high alert. The surviving villagers of Barduk are the first to welcome them and follow them all the way to the fort which is still laden with repairs from the last onslaught. Fires are burning in braziers along the wall and there is a large pyre down by the river where the dead are burning as well.
Two of the guards seeing the heroes approach calls out and a ragged cheer goes up among the ranks. From the looks on their faces, it is plain they didn't expect to see the heroes return from the mines.

Actions?

STATS:
Cassius(32/32; AC 0)
Kranston (12/17; AC 5)
Montego: (15/35; AC 1)
Muldgarr (3/11; AC 6)
Sai (22/25; AC -1)
Dorin: -6
Farkus: -6
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Sai will let all the companions know to come to him in the morning when he has had time to regain healing spells and he will heal everyone.

Also I would like this dagger and the Priest's Cloak from the magical treasure or the Priest Sword if No one claims it. I will take the Pearls for now and return the unused ones after Identifying everyone's treasure magic abilities. I am able to do 2 items (Maybe 3 depending on Experience) for each casting of the spell. Bring me what ever you end up with and I will do my best. I will need 8 hours of rest after casting this spell so bring me your items in the day so I may cast it and sleep. I go now to rest and see Emerall. it has been a pleasure Gentlemen. See you in the morning and we will divide our coin as I have another 200gp to add to the mix from the dead crispy Orc's.

Oh and make sure that some secures that chest and have someone check it for a false bottom too.

With that he heads off to find Emerall and a hearty meal.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Kranston eventually regains the use of his limbs, but is quite stiff for several days afterwards. He spends his time thinking up lyrics to a new song to immortalize their feat of nearly unbelievable bravery, performing it for the rest of the crew at various stages of its development.

"Ok, fellas. This is a work in progress, so bear with me..."

We were there
In the middle of an old hoary wood (boom boom)
We looked round
Found a small camp, buildings of wood (boom boom)
Our minds raced
We heard the sounds of some orcs therewhithin (boom boom)
Finding a cave
We went underground - let the battle begin! (boom boom)
SOUND OF THE DRUMS
Orcs hitting the ground
The sling bullets flew!
Now what do you do?
You've been
BULLET STRUCK...

(From here the song really takes off and the lyrics are primo...)

-------------

At the first opportunity, he goes to Darklin to see if he's figured out what the horn does. Surely it is magical in some way, he thinks.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

The Archer is less jubilant than it would seem warranted. His armor, the first armor he bought, lay in ruins and he had to enter the fort bare-chested with his wounds visible to all. "Whatever. I need a drink."

Cassius heads to the bar, not bothering to remove his blades or even polish his bow, and asks for a drink.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#345 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Montego doesn't get too excited about treasure he may never get to spend.

He makes sure he knows where everyone is going before setting out to find the powers that be, if they yet live, to report their findings and detail their successful mission to the leaders.

"Save me a warm seat in the tavern fellas. I wont be long!"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#346 Post by Hotgoblin »

Muldgarr finds a spot to meditate within the woods and reconnect with the forest. After this, he’ll meet up with Montego.

Return to “Previous Adventures”