Ch 4: What's our vector? Vecna?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 4: What's our vector? Vecna?

#41 Post by Rukellian »

"Patience and determination has paid off once again. Now let us see if today will be the day!" Slicking his hair back and rubbing his hands on his pants, Fezuul tries to clean himself up as best as he can and starts to walk towards the approaching adventuring group, with the most welcoming smile that he can muster. "Good day! The name is Fezuul Lokvin, the best and probably only doctor of the fine city of Greyhawk! It is a pleasure to meet such experienced and battle-hardened adventurers, I'm sure. Judging from the looks on your faces, I can tell that this will have been your first time at the Whistling Fish. Know that it is a fine establishment, run by a retired adventurer no less, and you will be most welcome there!" After his brief introduction and sales pitch for the local inn, Fezuul extends his hand, still glowing with a smile on his face.
If anyone were to kindly respond to the handshake, they will make a mental note that Fezuul's hand is cold, almost icy cold. Not too discomforting, but definitely surprising to those who are used to warm hands.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc, Wild Mage

Branc shakes Fezuul's hand in the manner he's learned to be the custom around Greyhawk, and nods.

"Branc Temugen, are you associated with this "Whistling Fish" Inn? What is the call for the large doorway?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

NJWilliam wrote:Branc, Wild Mage

Branc shakes Fezuul's hand in the manner he's learned to be the custom around Greyhawk, and nods.

"Branc Temugen, are you associated with this "Whistling Fish" Inn? What is the call for the large doorway?"
He chuckles a bit and then says to Branc, "A big doorway for a big owner! I've tried to hire the guy, being a retired and experienced adventurer, but he just wouldn't budge. But fate apparently has other plans in store," he ends smiling intently at the group.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by ragnboneshopper »

"Agrim, a wanderer of no r-r-repute." As he often does, Agrim without thinking attempts the warrior's handshake of his barbarian upbringing, clasping Fezuul's forearm rather than his hand directly. "A g-g-giant must r-run th-this pl-pl ... establishment. Y-yes?" It is clear from the half-orc's deep, gravelly tone that he's not at all scared, though he looks away bashfully due to his obvious impediment of speech. "Arrre th-the d-drinks and eats suitably l-large?" Agrim's eyes slant with calculated mock gluttony.

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by grey_starr »

Yes yes... well, half giant anyway. I thought everyone knew - one of most reputable places in Greyhawk really, more impressive considering how close to Old City it is at that. *eyeing the "doctor" suspiciously*
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rukellian »

Not wanting to show any disrespect to his new acquaintance, Fezuul attempts to hold Agrim's forearm in a similar fashion.
ragnboneshopper wrote:"Arrre th-the d-drinks and eats suitably l-large?" Agrim's eyes slant with calculated mock gluttony.
"Ahahaha! Of course, the food and drink! Truth be told, I haven't had the pleasure of sampling the fine food or drink here." Fezuul pulls out his coinpurse for all to see and shakes it a few times, letting everyone hear the few coins inside jingle. "My clinic is but new and the family business has been in a bit of a slump for a year now. I barely get by myself, and tis unfortunate that the people trust the temples more than the honest hands of a doctor sworn under the oath, ah but I digress."

Returning the glance given by the guard, Fezuul's smiling demeanor remains unphased. Putting his coinpurse away, the doctor then turns to face him. "So I've heard that you've gotten some extra guard training outside Greyhawk. I admit, I was a bit shocked when I saw you jump through that portal. Such bravery! Heck, I almost volunteered to go too, but then the captain of the guard made sure that wasn't the case... guess I can't blame the guy considering what happened at the auction."

Taking on a bit more of a serious tone, the doctor than firmly asks everyone present: "I also heard rumors that you guys came from the land of luz. It's a most dangerous and savage place to be sure. Do... any of you still need help recovering? My clinic may just be the thing needed to help those coming out of that hell hole of a place," Fezuul ends, pointing towards the Healthy Hands Clinic behind him.

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by grey_starr »

Blah blah blah... this banter is getting in the way of my celebrations... first round is on me! I won at swords at the Free City Arena *Flashing a not so charming grin, and a few fresh stitches can be seen on the scalp*
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

Fezuul tries to keep a smile up, but cringes upon the sight of the poorly put together stitches. He calmly reminds himself that "if a person does not want help, I should not force it" Standing aside to give the group plenty of room to walk to the inn, the doctor nods his head in understanding and leaves it at that.

-----

Depending on the ruling that the DM gives on my cp usage, I will edit this post to reflect the actions that will be or have taken place.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Stonjuz »

[1d100] = 88 [1d20] = 1 [1d10] = 9 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 2 [1d4] = 4
Agrim's nostrils register something delicious coming from the Fish and he turns his head to see the dockworkers, sailors and shopkeepers starting to file in for the meal. He catches sight of what looks like something from his visions, the female of St. Cuthbert. She holds the heavy front door open for an elderly patron to enter. She disappears inside as the door closes and the dinner hour arrives.

The group can now continue in chapter 5 by entering the Fish or continue here in chapter 4 outside.
Greystarr, your friend's elf character could easily be a patron inside.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by Stonjuz »

Benson, Branc and Fezuul all see Agrim start to split from the group and as he says, "It's her."
He appears to be making a line for the Fish.
(of course you dont have to go together, but it sure would make things easier) 8-)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rukellian »

After letting the group enter the Fish, Fezuul will follow shortly afterwards. "I didn't expect them to outright welcome me with open arms, I'm no idiot. Things like this take some time. But this has to be it... I can just feel it. They are genuine adventurers, and I don't think I will find a more promising group for some time..." Fezuul is lost in thoughts as he carries out his inner dialogue, though no one would know any better, seeing but a cheery smile on his face as he sets a sign on his clinic's front door 'closed'.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc Temugen, Wild Mage

Branc raises an eyebrow at Agrim's word, looks at Benson, shrugs, and says, "Well, we were headed there anyway, and I could at least use a bit to eat."

Branc walks after Agrim, but doesn't bother to completely overtake him, satisfied to watch him as he follows at a few yards.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”