5e OOC I

dmw71
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 5e OOC I

#221 Post by Marullus »

Still here. :)

Going back in with four water skins, 1 bottle of wine.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Rex »

Still here.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I feel you, Dave.

I'm still here.

LordKane77
Guide
Guide

#224 Post by LordKane77 »

Present!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#225 Post by dmw71 »

Five still confirmed.

Still waiting to hear from the following:
  • Computer +1
  • Direjackalope
  • Scott308
  • torkill
So, the second delve will feature a group of 5-9 party members.

I hope to be able to get this game reset in the next few days.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#226 Post by Scott308 »

Gruuthuk empties his nostrils on the floor, narrowly missing Unari's foot. He checks his water skins, muttering, Ready go kill stuff.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by Computer +1 »

Ready to go!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#228 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 pm Ready to go!
Which makes this all the more painful to do...

I made the decision a couple of nights ago (and have been sleeping on it to make sure I wouldn't regret it), but I am going to put a halt on all of my current games.

They will be moved into the 'archived' section immediately (but feel free to continue to post or ask questions or whatever in them from their new homes).

First, an apology to all my players.

This is not a decision I'm making lightly, but I have a new D&D-related project that I've started working on that is just massive in scope. Beyond massive when I truly stop to think about it.

I just sent an email to my brother -- an avid D&D player -- trying to share my "discovery" and the extent of my plans and it was honestly nerve-wracking to even think about.

But, it's something that I'm very excited to start working on.

And this project will eventually benefit all of my future games.

But especially 1e.

I'm still trying to conceptualize everything I'm hoping to eventually accomplish (my to-do/wish list is long!), but I can share some high-level details now:

Essentially, I want to "build" D&D in OneNote.

In a way, I want to almost use OneNote to emulate what D&D Beyond does for 5e. (Only, with the editions having been released under different licenses, this OneNote project is not something that could be marketed or sold publicly, but certainly used for my own personal purposes.)

I didn't create my first ever Notebook in OneNote until yesterday, and I'm still completely lost on how to do anything, but I see so much potential in that organizational tool that I'm going to dive head-first into it.

I might start small.

My "big" plan is to import a map (in pieces) of the entire Flanaess into OneNote and create hyperlinked labels to every keyed area on the map (every hill, mountain, sea, river, city, town, etc...). These hyperlinked labels will create a corresponding page for that area, so step two will be to populate these pages with details about whatever the page is for.

It might be easiest to just share this:

In a "test" Notebook, I was able to duplicate what this guy did.

And it's awesome!

This whole idea stemmed from all the brainstorming (and researching, and preparations, etc...) I was making for the 1e game I was planning on launching (and still will -- but later).

Not only do I want to import the starting region of the Greyhawk map into OneNote (and add details about all the different areas and features), I also want to "build" published modules into OneNote as well.

Take T1 (or T1-4) which I was planning on running in my forthcoming 1e game.
  1. Import all the different maps from the module (or modules) into OneNote;
  2. Create hyperlinks for every keyed area; and
  3. Detail each area on its own page.
Not only will this make running the actual adventure so much easier, doing this sort of prep work in advance will make sure that I actually understand the module I'm about to run and allow me to make any customizations and/or tweaks to it ahead of time.

Pages could be created to fully detail existing NPCs, and monsters, and treasures, and pretty much anything.

So, while I'm temporarily resigning my DM duties here on the site, I will remain an active presence on the site and will obviously continue to monitor for any admin requests that come in.

I may actually create a space here on the forums to document my plans and track my progress as I work. I'll need to see how the other admins feel about this.

But, apologies again to all my current players!

I do, however, fully believe that once I really dive into using OneNote and exploring its capabilities, it will benefit all my future games.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)”