Small's Paradise

OGRE MAGE
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Small's Paradise

#221 Post by Bluetongue »

Calvin Beauregard

Well I am not sure what else we can do. If Leroy wants to take his trumpet and go. I think we need both together not getting Leroy drunk and taking the trumpet.

Calvin sits nursing his bruises.

Ashuaps
Scout
Scout

#222 Post by Ashuaps »

Persuade roll (base 10%?) [1d100]=23

Nope doesn't look like it but Rene is his friend :-)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Raid

Leroy listens to the investigators pleas to stay, but continues edging his way towards the entrance all the same. "I needs ta get me some scleep, but if youserious about wantin me ta play at yer shows shometime, come shee me again an we can talks. You can find me at the Cotton Club later tonights. Or, back at Schmalls, if it ever opens again."

With that, the young musician turns to head for the entrance just as a loud bell starts jingling behind the bar, one like you might hear on the door at a local service station. Leroy gets a terrified look on his face and hugs his trumpet case even tighter as the other patrons in the speakeasy all stand up and slam their glasses of illegal booze. In a second, the barkeep has leaped over the bar and started hollering for everyone to get out the back exit, even though none of you have seen any back exit.

A pair of men rush for the back of the small room, and Leroy is right there with them. They push aside an old empty bookcase to reveal a dark tunnel hidden behind it and quickly crawl through the narrow opening. The barman shouts out to everyone. "If ya don't want no trouble with the coppers ya'll better git!" The large Black man points at the asses of those already crawling through the tunnel to escape the raid. "I'll be right behind ya ta close us in, unless ya want ta stay and fend fer yerself."

With Leroy and the 2 men trailing him already on their knees in the escape tunnel, it will be up to you if you want to leave the soon to be empty underground tavern or not, but it definitely appears that everyone else is about to leave the premises. The bell continues to ring and the sound of shouting can now be heard coming from the direction of the entrance stairway.

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Rex »

Charles

Charlie heads for the tunnel ASAP.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#225 Post by Bluetongue »

Calvin Beauregard

Follows the club bouncer Charles into the tunnel.

Ashuaps
Scout
Scout

#226 Post by Ashuaps »

René Vézina

René turns to Thurston and says "You coming? Probably better the get out of here than trying to explain ourselves." and follows Calvin.

If the barman needs help to close the tunnel once in, Rene will offer to help or even close the tunnel himself if no-one else is doing it and he can figure out how to do it.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Grognardsw »

"We'll see you later then!" Thurston tells Leroy.

The stage magician follows the others out the secret tunnel.

Outside, he asks Rene: "You paid the bill, right?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#228 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Stiff

Leroy and the others crawl through the hidden tunnel and exit in a sunken stairwell just off the main street outside. The 3 men climb up to the street and act very nonchalant about the whole affair as they step away to allow the others to exit.

The investigators crawl out one at a time behind the leaders, getting their hands and clothing quite dirty in the process as they race through the rarely used tunnel. The bar tender guides them out from behind, cursing out the flat feet coppers for causing him so much grief.

Once outside below the busy street again, the crew squints against the bright sunshine of midday. Everyone crawls out of the hidey hole and the group collects themselves on the sidewalk. Across the street and up about a half a block, the investigators see something quite troubling. Leroy and the others had been making their escape up the street when a familiar looking grey Packard pulls up alongside the fleeing musician. Two huge goons in nice suits step out of the car and grab ahold of the shouting Leroy. They toss him in the back seat, about to speed off again as the other men run for their lives.

After getting your bearings again, you realize that your car is about a block away from this current location, though the streets are filled taxis and other vehicles. The Grey Packard takes off in the direction of the garage that Thurston and Rene witnessed the night before.

Actions?

Ashuaps
Scout
Scout

#229 Post by Ashuaps »

René Vézina
Rene looks at the busy street and for a fleeting moment considers if he should just borrow another car again but then decides maybe not this time :biggrin:
"That car again", says Rene as he watches powerless to intervene "I think I know where they are going. Let's get the car and carefully approach that garage where Thurston and I saw armed guards last night. We might be able to help Leroy."

I am assuming that the bartender was last out of the tunnel so is with us. If not, ignore the questions to the barman

Rene turns towards the bartender and asks "Do you know who these guys are and what they might want with Leroy?"

Then to his fellow investigators he suggests "Should two of us try to catch up with the two other men that were with Leroy while the other two retrieve the car and meet up at the corner of <whatever is the street number 2 blocks away>? Do you think there's any chance we could catch up with them?"

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#230 Post by Bluetongue »

Calvin Beauregard

"Well that must be something to do with the murder last night." he comments regarding the seizing of Leroy.

At least we could stake out the garage and find out a bit more about it before we go charging in over our heads.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Rex »

Charles

"A stake out is a good idea actually."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Grognardsw »

"My auto is this way," Thurston walks quickly to his car with the others. "If those are gangsters, I'm not sure we should be confronting them. Should we call the police? A case of kidnapping?"

He follows the Packard if possible. If he lost it, he'll drive to the garage he and Rene saw last night, making sure not to directly pass by it lest they be seen.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#233 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The swinging action continues in a new thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=1101&t=11554

Return to “Wake The Dead (CoC)”