Do Something Else
No votes

Total votes: 10

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Next Scenario Poll

#1 Post by Ithril »

There are several potential paths you may take after the tournament. I'll list them here, with a short description, and you can decide.

[*]The County of Youlgraeve:
The guards of Youlgraeve are ruffians, and make no mistake. It is known that their master, though he is blood relative of the Duke, does not rule with the same kindness. What motivates the iron grip on his dominion?

[*]The Town of Bredon:
Recall this exchange:
Ranîn asks Harker "Have you seen Thalas? I know you were not eager to see him in the jousting tournament. He has a good habit of besting you; so I wouldn't begrudge your relief. But no one has seen him! The Duke (He makes a perfunctory sign of allegiance) was disappointed when Thalas didn't appear on the jousting role. He's a favored for the prize."
Thalas, Harker recalls, was sent to attend the town of Bredon some weeks ago, and is concerned to hear that he has not returned yet.
What could have happened to the fine Sentinel in the quaint small hamlet of Bredon?
(This is actually a published scenario I bought. I will make significant changes to it, however.)

[*]The Mystery of Ragamac and Zargad:
Recall this event:
As your party travels along the busy trail, wide but still crowded with many patrons of the tournament, you happen past a troupe of minstrels singing the tragic ballad to Ragamac and Zargad, heroes of old Stomanell, credited for helping to drive evil humanoids from these lands making their settlement easier. The song is well known to all of you (Except Conweena, as she is from a foreign land), and you can't help but contemplate what may have happened to the duo. After they established their stronghold in the foothills, they became reclusive. No one has heard from them in several decades.
Who could Ragamac and Zargad be, and can you find their famous stronghold?
(This is also actually a published scenario.)

[*]Go sailing with Conweena's Crew:
Conweena came from the lands far to the Nordt, in the mountainous countries of Vahurthane. They are traveling by ship along a trade route that will take them to many foreign lands, and eventually to return to Vahurthane. It is unknown if they will return to the port of Stomanell.

[*]Go traveling with Dorath's Caravan:
Similarly, Dorath came from a caravan that travels the areas near the Duchy of Stomanell, and though they may not range quite as far as Conweens's crewmates, their journeys are long, ranging throughout the headlands Erizt of the Bealuin Mountains that split the land from the great white Nordt to the Blighted lands in the distant Sount.

[*]Do Something Else:
Of course there is always the option of striking out on your own, either staying there in Millhaven, going to Stomanell, or traveling to some other location. I'll just need to know what direction you wish to travel.

I'll leave this poll open for now without a deadline, and you have the options to change your vote. Please discuss, and vote. I'll need some time to prepare the materials. If you make for the last option, please specify in the comments some details about your goals and desires so I'll know what you are expecting.

I

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Next Scenario Poll

#2 Post by tarlyn »

These are my two choices :

[1] I've never ever played the Shadow Elves module, wouldn't mind that.

[2] Ragamac and Zargad
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Ithril »

Alright.
That makes it official then, Ragamac & Zargad will be the adventure I flesh out next.
For any of you who happen to be familiar with that module, I'll let you know now, though there may be some similarities, you may as well toss any maps you have.
Digital mapping ftw.

I will leave the poll open for now (I think you can change your vote), just in case anyone changes their decision, but I don't think that will be the case.

I

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ravenn4544 »

I've never played it - let alone heard of it. Actually, I'm quite amazed at the sheer number of modules that came after the ones I"m most familiar wiith (Village of Homlet, Giant/Drow series, Tomb of Horrors and the like). There are tons of cool stuff over the years that I never picked up on until here at the US.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Ithril »

This is officially 'B1, In Search of the Unknown', and was published in '79. It was included with the Blue Book Basic Boxed Set, aka the Holmes edition, which I have.
It is a classic, but it was mostly unstocked, with only a basic description of the rooms, and no listings for monsters or encounters, allowing beginner DM's to experiment with different ideas.

For your questing pleasure, I have taken the liberty of digitizing the map, and making a few, judicial, alterations. They should be enough to keep it, both familiar and well, not. I'm still deciding what menaces, and plots to weave into it. I'll try to avoid tpk's

I

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Yup, I still have my original copies, received as a gift in 1979.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Ithril »

Very nice. I had to get mine second hand.

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”