Better Genetics 300-003

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Better Genetics 300-003

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Another day, another Credit!

Out of bed, shower, breakfast, and out to get some exercise before the day starts at the Lab. As you return, you neighbour calls to you

Hi - I've seen you about and heard you work at the Lab on the edge of town. she asks. You reply to the affirmative and she continues My nephew was working at Yelland's, but seems to have had a falling out with his boss about some miss-understanding over sample admin and he's desperate to get lab experience before he heads to college in the summer. Do you know if there's anything at your lab that a budding bio-tech could do to get something on his resume?

MeteorMiner
Runner
Runner

Re: Better Genetics 300-003

#2 Post by MeteorMiner »

Windwalker looks at the CV the neighbour is brandishing...Not impossible. OK, I'll pass it to personnel. I can't guarantee anything.

Heading to work, he get in early and starts working through the evidence...
Windwalker: Basic Roll: [2d6]=3
...but doesn't seem to find anything.

Even the CV doesn't ring any bells...
Windwalker: Basic Roll: [2d6]=5

I need new dice!

And so he starts the day oblivious to the world.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Better Genetics 300-003

#3 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The Sergeant arrives after a bit and grabs the list of clients with samples in the lab that Windwalker has prepared and heads off to talk to each. Whatever the target was will be in that list somewhere.

The morning is relatively un-interesting and its only at lunch that Windwalker gets a chance to reflect on the Break-in again: Mostly because the others from the team want to know how "Sherlock" is doing sorting through the mess! He has to admit that he really hasn't got a clue. Don't tell me, somehow, you just can't get a break. It's probably staring you in the face, but I can't see it. So you're eating this...whatever it is...stew as an alternative to doing your real job. You want to talk to Havii - now there is a master procrastinator. I'm trying to get one heating sensor replaced and he's taken nearly a month and it still doesn't work. Better he gets paid good rates to not fix things!

So, he heads back to his desk to draw up a list of things he can look into. Hint.

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”