OOC I

dmw71
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC I

#181 Post by Darklin2 »

I guess I don't understand this game. I was at Zero HP but everyone else is negative by 3 or more but I am Desceased. Not sure I understand this game. Guess it doesn't matter now.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Rex »

You don't have negative HP in 5e. Once at zero you start making death saving throws. 3 success you stabilize (stop making saving throws, still at zero HP). Fail 3 and you are dead.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Rex »

Heading to work, I will check in late tonight.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#184 Post by dmw71 »

Darklin2 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm I guess I don't understand this game. I was at Zero HP but everyone else is negative by 3 or more but I am Desceased. Not sure I understand this game. Guess it doesn't matter now.
Rex wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:53 pm You don't have negative HP in 5e. Once at zero you start making death saving throws. 3 success you stabilize (stop making saving throws, still at zero HP). Fail 3 and you are dead.
What Rex said.

The rules for 'Dropping to 0 Hit Points' rule can be found here (with Death Saving Throws just beneath it), if you're interested.

Apologies to everyone for how this is turning out. I thought, for sure, the poltergeist (that's what it is, by the way), with it imposing disadvantage on all attacks against it and advantage on all its own attack rolls would have been a lot more difficult than seven goblins (that only arrived out of curiosity after the initial battle raged on for as long as it did).

It turns out that hasn't been the case.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Marullus »

Ouch. Yes, death is harsh. Sorry guys. :( When everyone doesn't die at once, it is usually possible to save people with stabilization. I've never actually seen a PC death in 5e happen before.

For the two of us that are unconscious, we will wake with 1hp in 1d4 hours... which is still pretty dicey with the adjacent poltergeist and goblins.

Tharmyr has two of the healing potions clinking on his belt pouch, which would recussitate people immediately.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#186 Post by dmw71 »

It's earlier than I planned, but since I was already in the admin tools to archive another game, I went ahead and moved this one as well.

You're still welcome to continue to comment if you'd like as the game can still be monitored from its new location.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by Darklin2 »

I am done with 5E. Way to much different than what I am used to. I played 1st and 2nd since they came out and 5E is way to different from those. Not crappy like 4th edition but don't think I will take the time to learn it. Rules are cool for the Mages to always have spells to cast.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#188 Post by dmw71 »

Darklin2 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:34 am I am done with 5E. Way to much different than what I am used to. I played 1st and 2nd since they came out and 5E is way to different from those. Not crappy like 4th edition but don't think I will take the time to learn it. Rules are cool for the Mages to always have spells to cast.
5e is different enough from AD&D that it does take some getting used to, but there is a lot to like about 5e.

Thanks for giving it a shot, and you're always welcome to join again if you decide you want to give it another go.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Monsieur Rose »

That went downhill very quickly. :D Sorry about not running out sooner everyone.

I enjoyed playing with everyone and liked the characters people put together. Maybe I'll see some of you in another of Dave's games. :D

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#190 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:02 am That went downhill very quickly.
For Rocco, especially:
Rocco.jpg
Rocco.jpg (105.11 KiB) Viewed 444 times

He split his first two saves, but then crit failed his third. :shock:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Adventures in Aberdeen (5e)”