The Gathering at Ozlo’s

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: The Gathering at Ozlo’s

#81 Post by OGRE MAGE »

This game has been quite the roller coaster of interest so far. I am still holding onto hope that the others will return, but if they don’t, at least you can utilize their bodies as meat shields. :lol:

The Pawns In Play

Captain Lazereth sneers at the mention of the Kraken, hissing at the idea of treating such things with blasphemous tones, as any good sea captain might do. He shakes his head in disappointment, but doesn’t address it verbally.

For the first time, you notice that the captain and his crew, much like Ozlo and his rugged band of Viking henchmen, are not wearing any face coverings, a noncompliance normally discouraged in PZ, even here in the Docks. Before you have a chance to ask about that, the hulking Kimmerian who just arrived addresses his old acquaintance. Lazereth reacts with obvious confusion at first, but eventually warms to the idea of a crewmen who will work for free.

“Get in Kaul, you ol’ desert dog! I may have need of your special skills at our first stop. We are short two men since you last sailed with us, so you can do double duty to make up for them.”

Kumaglak stays abnormally quiet, :( but has no trouble finding his legs inside the sea faring craft. The missing Vikings Hakon and Ragnar both finally board as well, while Kaul eyes up the gifted wooden idols they wear around their necks. :twisted: Xenos sizes up the newcomer all the same, thinking he would make another good sword arm for the group.

As the vessel is untied and slowly pulls away from the pier, Valkrina uses her natural charm, asking pertinent questions and suggesting the others do the same. With the journey expected to take several days at least, she knows there will be plenty of time for such discussion once they are out to sea.

One thing everyone notices about the ships contents is that, while there are a few crates of sea rations stowed away, there are absolutely no water casks of any kind on board. Once the boat is slowly and meticulously maneuvered through the port and headed out into deeper waters, the captain asks a disconcerting question. “Now then, what’s all this talk about the Crab Archipelago?”

Actions?

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

"Well as you know Captain Lazereth, your ship is highly esteemed in the Port, not just because of the speed with which you sail but the discretion you keep.

You are a man of experience having travelled previously. Was that last seasons expedition? Few songs are sung in the meadhall of knarrs returning brimming with gold and glory. Yet another fleet assembles from Ozlo's throng.

You have seen these totems before haven't you? What happened last time you sailed to the Crab Archipelago?"

He has all of the details of the journey and knows exactly where to bring you. 
The bard answers the Captain and in a more personal aside adds,

"There are those amongst the vikings who feel usurped by our presence and one of the other ships conspires to sink you mid-ocean. You should plan accordingly."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#83 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos
Bluetongue wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:09 pm Valkrina

Euripedes why would Kazeffron make such a fuss about your aquatic race?
There aren't many of us left. Maybe Kazoo believes I'm a lucky omen, and it'll be a good sign for our search?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rex »

Drest

"I don't often agree with anyone, but in this case I agree with both the Atlantean and the Skald. Perhaps this voyage has a second good omen."

Old Duergar
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by Old Duergar »

Kumaglak

The wretched Esquimaux keeps a sullen silence ever since departing his master's abode; perhaps the memory of the defeat of his refuted and rebuked advances to his comely compatriot still stings to the extent of him having become a silenced, sullen runt-like creature, keeping to the shadows and observing everything quietly. Or perhaps, it is word of the great Kraken itself, for at its mention the jaundiced young man spits upon both his palms and rubs his cheeks vigorously and vehemently, gnashing his teeth in dismay several times.

"Foolish minstrel, flaunting your knowledge on matters maddening and dangerous such as the Dweller is to invite ill and frigid luck! Only the insane would light a beacon-like pyre in the sea of inefabble darkness that is the Leng Plateau!", the curbed fellow finally lashes out hatefully from his shadow-clad lurking spot, pointing a skeletal right index at Valkrina. "Your shrill, uncouth pipings only managed thus far to summon forth a bronze-skinned dry-rat and only the most besotted of simpletons would dare invoke KHALK-XU's name on a vessel whilst water-borne!, he rants as the accusing finger now points at the imposing Kimmerian named Kaul.

Turning to the Captain, Kumaglak performs a stiff bow: "I offer apologies for the woman's blunders, Captain. Perhaps a man like you, strong of arm, can steer us from the foggy waters of ignorance to the pristine bounds of clarity?", the Esquimaux's shameless flattery both transparent and sickeningly false-sounding, his voice disgustingly sweet and bereft of barbs.

"If questions I must scribe for my companions, then so I shall do. But first I have two of my own: why would we have need of the skills of a half-naked Kimmerian upon our first stop? And what did the Black Witch pay you to exact of us? If Kazeffron values men with bloated necks and gills, then what might lie in tow for us who prefer a whiff of fresh air to the gurgling of the drowned?"
Last edited by Old Duergar on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by shaidar »

Xenos shows only disgust at the ranting Esquimaux and seems about to say something, but stops to hear the captains response to the wretched man's questions.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

After the Captain answers and the initial stages of the journey gets underway. The ever curious bard, would take some interest in the 'special' sails. Are they special for a reason such as being made of finer canvas or decorated with a particular design, etched in runes. Do they seem to fill with a greater capacity and haul close in better against the wind or run the ship on a faster beam? Are they rigged up the masts and left or changed.

She asks simply with a view to know if they are ever worth stealing.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry for the delay everyone.

I was hoping to get a response from Kaul before I posted again, but I wont be waiting too much longer.

dice_monkey
Scout
Scout

#89 Post by dice_monkey »

Once the Esquimaux finishes, Kaul let loose with a full-throated laugh. "A dry-rat? That's a new one! Best save your carping and groveling for real danger, though I'd wager you'd jump at the sight of your own shriveled shadow! Hear him, men? How he quakes? I have known many gods and he who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. What lies beyond death I know not, nor do I care. As I breathe I wish to live deep. To sup on the rich juices of red meat and sweet wine, the warm inviting thighs of a beautiful woman, to hear the clash of blades and feel the exultation of battle lust...I am content."

"Esquimaux, give to silence and spare us all your prattling! If the Kraken should rise over a melody out of pitch, so be it. I seek not death, but I'll meet it head on. What will you do, shit yourself?" With that, Kaul laughs again.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#90 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The seafaring action continues here: viewtopic.php?p=514665#p514665

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”