Roy: The hunt for a good Gig.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Roy: The hunt for a good Gig.

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:29 pm Lionel "Freight Train" Williams
Roy
Via text: I can probably do that, depending on time.
reply to text: Fair enough Lionel.

Text to everyone: How do you guys feel about being waiters during the fund raiser?
Bluehorse wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm Downtown Fort Smith
Garrison Ave.
September 10, 2018 8:50 am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Customer Grins. My name is Mr. Alafa.  I run a robotics club at the high school down the road.  We're still using an old hand-me-down Compac Pesario that we have Frankenstiened to death.  Thing is, it just can't keep up anymore with the new programs we need to run for competitions.  The thing barely has 10 Gig.  I am wanting something new that will have the capacity and the speed we need to get caught up.  Multiple USB links, and WiFi.  I know this all sounds pretty standard, but this thing at the school is almost 20 years old. I have a budget of $200 for the club, but I will pay the difference.  Thing is, I hope that if the school sees what a difference it will make, they'll pony up a bigger budget to get some more equipment in, and I'll pass that business on to you too.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 157/157
@

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019!
Roy looks to Mr. Alafa "Hmm well for that price I think I could get you something better than what you are using Mr. Alafa. But for you are looking to do. I know MSI makes some good gaming laptops but I might be able to customize something for you for $300 the cheapest I can find on MSI is $650 and I don't want to do that to you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Taaz »

Waiter? Sure I've done way worse things for money, or on a dare.

Jason bounces to his Screecher app, Big news coming up soon, gotta stay shh but who knows when you might get to come hang out with the Ol Fort 'busters! #bustinmakesmefeelgood

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

Joker A little late on this, I guess.

It will be for our benefit, so yes.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#24 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel

Via text: ok
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm Roy looks to Mr. Alafa "Hmm well for that price I think I could get you something better than what you are using Mr. Alafa. But for you are looking to do. I know MSI makes some good gaming laptops but I might be able to customize something for you for $300 the cheapest I can find on MSI is $650 and I don't want to do that to you."
Mr. Alafa I think for $300 we have a deal. I am more than happy to put up $100 of my own money to show the district what we can do and give my kiddos a fighting chance.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Taaz »

Awww, Roys gonna end up a meme: Nice Guy Ghostbuster i love everything about this.

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol certainly and Roy hates publicity but here we are.

Roy starts counting things out on his fingers and mumbling "Oh sorry just planning the build out in my head. It's a deal then. I hate to make you put up your own money. So anyway how soon do you need the computer by?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:19 pm Alafa waves it off. I'm used to it. No worries. Besides, I'm investing in the future. Slap a Ghostbusters sticker on it and an autograph and we'll call it good.
Roy smiles "Certainly." he extends his hand to shake Alafa's hand. While mentally making note to see about getting GB stickers made up. "I'll see if I can get the gang to sign the case of the computer. I think we have a deal."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

Alafa for his part looks happy with the deal and shakes on it, exchanging contact info with Roy.

Roy is able to enjoy some friendly banter back and forth with Billy, Jean, and the other patrons for as long as he likes.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy mingles with everyone while enjoying his coffee or what is left of it. Discussing the fund raiser with them all. Then thinking it a good plan to start ordering and planning for the computer build he finds Alafa again "I hate to be that guy but is it possible to get the funds transferred so I can begin ordering for the computer? I didn't want to press the issue but I'd like to get you set up and ready for the robotics club as soon as possible."

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy smiles and nods his head yes. "That will work. I can spend the today looking up the parts and planning the build."

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

After a while of mingling and talking with everyone Roy will get a coffee for the road and head back to HQ.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Bluehorse »

Going to call this a close. You can arrive at the Firehouse about the time the guys are heading to the Mayor or if you want to join up with Joker for some investigations. Take 5bps each for getting a fundraiser and a side job. (+10)

Return to “Mission Archive”