Lionel & Jamie: The Grand Tour.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Lionel & Jamie: The Grand Tour.

#21 Post by Rex »

Mac

Once the shower is clear, Mac will also clean up then grab a snack.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Bluehorse »

Likewise, Jamie borrows the shower after the guys are finished and is in a fresh set of clothes from her cluttered car. Apparently she is used to living on the go where things can get messy.

She then loads up with Mac, Roy, and Lionel I understand Jason and Joker are staying,
not sure about Sam
and they head (maybe in two vehicles) to a small Vietnamese restaurant. The small brick building with a green roof and lots of big windows has a big yellow sign on top. Written in red and green it reads: Pinn Family Vietnamese Pho Restaurant.
Screenshot_20200918-173326_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200918-173326_Chrome.jpg (232.09 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Jamie parks and gets out. This is my favorite spot. Has a great buffet and everything is good. You can make us your own stuff and they will cook it up for you, too.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam was concerned about Hrothgar at the mention of food and headed back to the station to feed his cat.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#24 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Getting out of the car, Lionel rubs his hands together with glee. All right! Bustin' ghosts makes me hungry! Looking forward to this! He will open the door and look to Jamie, After you. He will enter after everyone else has gone through the door.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac gets out and grins, "I love buffets, I am going to do some serious damage here."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy chuckles that Mac and lionel "I couldn't agree more with both of you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Bluehorse »

Like I said before, playing it loose with timelines here. This is still on the 28th and the Firehouse thread will be starting on Sept. 10. I think this one will go pretty quick though.

Jamie wastes no time in walking to the beginning of the line right at the door and grabbing a plate. A nice-looking waitress in her late twenties or early thirties walks up. She looks oddly familiar but it is hard to say why.

Waitress How many? 4? I can sit you over here. What would you like to drink? he gestures to a table in the middle of the dining area not unlike anywhere else in the small but cozy place. It is brightly lit and looks very clean and well maintained. The decore is the traditional fair but muted enough to blend into the background.
LinPhin.JPG
LinPhin.JPG (27.44 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Jamie Hi, Lin! Water for me, thanks. She then gets busy loading up a plate with sweet chicken, noodles, and stir fry.

A couple customers are leaning in close and speaking and you get the impression they recognize you, probably from tv.

A younger man working behind a counter at a Mongolian BBQ, cleaning up after his last customer, looks up at you and goes back into the kitchen, talking loudly in vietnamese.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Hmm what do you have to drink? Coke? I'll have a coke if you have it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I'm good with water please." Mac heads to scout the buffet and then starts loading his plate up.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

A Job Well Done
After the Hospital Mission
Lionel & Jamie the Grand Tour, Party of 5!
Phin Family Vietnamese Pho Restaurant
August 28, 2018, 1:15 PM
Steadily Raining Outside

Everyone is able to load their plates with food and select from several very different soups. There is something for everyone. The drinks and silverware is already waiting at the table as you settle in for a warm meal.

Jamie/b] Well, is this how every day goes for you guys? Man, that was wild. Still kinda creeped out about it all. Guess I got to see the good and the bad all at once, huh? she shakes her head as she chews a bite of something that looks sweet and savory. I can't belive i lucked into that.. I could make a career of following you guys around.

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 157/157 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188
David "Mac" McAuslan: 191/191
Sam Strickland: 90/90

Jamie: 71/71

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019!

If anyone does not want to join for lunch, let me know and i will land you back at the firehouse.
[/quote]

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Every day is different. Never the same twice. Last night was good, we accomplished something really important. Makes it worth it on those days that don't go so well." Mac continues shoveling in his food.

Scott308

#32 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel quickly puts away a couple plates of food and a number of bowls of soup. Washing it down with a glass of ice water, he seems content.
Bluehorse wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 pm
Jamie
I could make a career of following you guys around.
I...I'd like that. We might be able to work something out.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Bluehorse »

A Job Well Done
After the Hospital Mission
Lionel & Jamie the Grand Tour, Party of 5!
Phin Family Vietnamese Pho Restaurant
August 28, 2018, 1:15 PM
Steadily Raining Outside

There is a short ruckus in the kitchen and the doors open. The young man that went in before is trailing behind someone else that could be related who looks steamed as the dumplings on the bar.

The angry one marches right over to your table. Hey! Hey you! You tell your buddy to stay away from my sister! You got that?
KienPhin.JPG
KienPhin.JPG (21.95 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The younger one trailing behind him looks a little afraid to say or do anything, but his eyes are locked on the events unfolding.
TomPhin.JPG
TomPhin.JPG (33 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The waitress from before looks up as do all the other staff and guest in the room to the loud youngster. She moves over quickly and starts speaking to the young man in Vietnamese and there is a very quick argument that starts up.
LinPhin.JPG
LinPhin.JPG (27.44 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The older woman from behind the counter working the register apologizes to the guests she was cashing out and rushed over to the argument and speaks... again in Vietnamese, very sharply at them both, pushing the waitress back a little while appearing to scold the younger men.
TamiPhin.jpg
TamiPhin.jpg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Another young man off to one side bussing a table looks over and half grins, watching but not getting involved.
MichealPhin.jpg
MichealPhin.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The one that initially came out and approached you only gets more insistent, gesturing to your group and speaking more loudly as two more come from the kitchen. A young man obviously much older than the loudmouth who upon seeing what is happening, rolls his eyes as if to say Not again and walks over grabbing the younger louder man and pulling him back, looking at the younger of the duo and asking a quick question.
LuckyPhin.JPG
LuckyPhin.JPG (26.63 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The other to exit the kitchen is a much older man and he looks at the scene and does not look amused. He calls out one words and the entire group stops what they are doing and look at him.
DucPhin.jpg
DucPhin.jpg (126.85 KiB) Viewed 611 times
The older man, apparently the patriarch of the family, (and you are sure you are looking at a family now) barks a few words and the three young men and the eldest of them gives another tug on Loudmouth before leading them back into the kitchen past their father who gives a couple slaps to the backs of the heads of the two who started the disruption. He then looks over and smiley who goes wide eyed and quickly goes back to work.

He then surveys the room and gives a nods before returning to the kitchen where a moment later there is more stern words being spoke, but even if it were in English, it is too quiet and muffled for you to make out.

The mom and daughter give each other a look and mom says a few words to her, signaling for her to go back to work before looking to you all apologetically. Can I get you more drink?

A moment later, Loudmouth comes walking out with Dad following right behind. The young man looks like he is still mad but has been dressed down enough to keep his comments to himself. Dad stands at his left, his eyes boring holes into the side of his misbehaving son's head. My dad says I should...

Dad makes a warning sound, he still has not blinked.

Loudmouth I wish to apologize for my behavior. It was uncalled for and I had no right to disrupt you or our other guests.

Dad stares at him another long moment before slowly turning to look at you all with a much softer expression. I hope my son's misbehavior will not affect your enjoyment here. He is spoiled, but I have ideas for spoiled children, if you would please forgive us for this misstep. Your meals will be free, of course. he slowly turns and gives the young man a pointed look that communicates exactly who will be covering the expense.

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 157/157 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188
David "Mac" McAuslan: 191/191
Sam Strickland: 90/90

Jamie: 71/71

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019!

Scott308

#34 Post by Scott308 »

Thank you. My friend here, he says, indicating Jamie, highly recommended this restaurant, so I'm not going to hold the outburst against everyone else. I'm sure we'll be happy we chose to eat here today.

Return to “Mission Archive”