Port Zangerios

OGRE MAGE
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Port Zangerios

#61 Post by shaidar »

Rex wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:03 pm Drest

"Confident I suppose, wasn't meant as an insult just stating what I see. Truth is most people just lie to each other and don't mention the obvious. I could never see the point in that, truth is I am just looking for work and probably you are too. You look like you have a couple years experience at most and that means not very competent. I am no different, I just have the balls to admit it."
Xenos gives the youth another up and down look "I see...I suppose you are right. Yes, we are both interested in this plant retrieval trip. I am Xenos."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Xenos, I am on my way to see if I can hire on the search for plants."

Drest will lead the way to Ozlo's.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Apparently the hiring will be done in the courtyard behind us, later this afternoon. I have business to attend to this morning but I am sure I will see you later"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Good luck then."

Drest will head there now.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#65 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Well, Xenos, I have nothing better to do, so I might as well come with you. I'm clearly not wanted around here, at least not until the meeting later on, anyway.

When the Pict questions their competence, he remains silent, allowing Xenos to respond, mainly because he has no idea what Drest was saying.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by shaidar »

Xenos leads Euripides back the way he came until they come to a small street where they go past what only can be described as a brothel, and heads down an adjacent side alley to a door.

"This is my place of work, I must see if I can arrange for someone to take my shift today." he looks directly at Euripides "Yes, this is a brothel. I know there are many who heap shame on those that ply their trade in such places, but I am not counted among them. I am a guard here, they deserve protection as much as anybody. The pay is regular and it's better than sleeping on the streets. If you wait here I shall not be long"

He heads inside to find somebody willing to take his shift today.

Old Duergar
Tracker
Tracker

#67 Post by Old Duergar »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm
The young boy just stares at the lump of sugar as he responds.

"Ozlo is a huge monster of a man, and as mean and nasty as an old sea hag. He has a lot of power in the Docks though, since he owns about half of it. Those Vikings around his place do whatever they want, without concern for any authority, not that there is much around here. They aint big fans of the rest of us wearing our masks either. In fact, I heard they wont even let you in their place if yer wearin one."

"I think their gathering is a little later today, but I would be careful around that bunch, if yer plannin to go. They dont care much fer non Vikings, from what I heard."

The boy licks his dry lips under his thin veil, never taking his eyes off the sweet treat being waved around.
"Hmm... anything in particular that would win those Vikland brutes' hearts? I have yet to meet a brute that doesn't like a gift, snah!", Kumaglak stands up to his feet from his cross-legged usual sitting stance and dusts his decrepit leather pants.

He would then toss a single chunk of sugar at the boy's direction. "Make sure to follow me from a distance; if things go bad with those Vikland barbarians, it's good to have a diversion... or a hiding spot.".

Kumaglak flashes a hideous smile, his jaundiced sickly face and rotten teeth flashing under a nearby lamp's light.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry, I think I missed this one.
Howman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 pm Ragnarr

After reading the flier and deciding that the meeting looks interesting, Ragnarr heads into the tavern to relax until the meeting later that afternoon.
Ragnarr is welcomed and treated almost as family in the Viking friendly longhouse. He spends some time before the meeting drinking and listening to the pretty Esquimaux singing and playing on stage. He learns that the sorceress mentioned in the flyers is an old friend of Ozlo's, perhaps a former adventuring comrade. Though she isnt of Viking stock, she is apparently welcome to use the place for her important meeting.

Once a good afternoon of carousing passes, the meeting seems like it is about to begin. Ragnarr sees an angry looking Pict trying to enter the tavern, though he appears to be catching some flack at the door. It doesn't appear that the young man is going to be allowed inside.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#69 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Okay, we are close to the official kick-off here. I will try to button all this business up before the meeting starts, and will obviously be ushering each of you in that direction so the group can be together at the start.

If you want to finish this stuff up, lets do it. If you want to wait till everyone is together before posting again, that will be fine too.

I am going to write up the introduction today or tomorrow, so if you want to post here before then, feel free.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Xenos and Eripides head back to the brothel together to find someone to work the spellswords shift, which isn't difficult since everyone there needs the money. They both eventually make their way back to the Docks again, ready to head out behind Ozlo's to join in on the meeting taking place there.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#71 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Drest walks around the Docks area for a while, getting his bearings on the layout of the place. Eventually, he heads back over to Ozlo's tavern but finds himself getting hassled at the front doors.

It seems that the Viking bouncers don't much care for his kind, and they don't appear willing to let him enter the place.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

NJWilliam wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:36 pm Hakon

Hakon thanks Ullr again for his guidance, and detours from the route to his room to get to Ozlo’s tavern for a bit of the hair of the dog before the meeting.
Hakon is also welcomed in the longhouse, feeling more at home there than anywhere else he has traveled so far.

He drinks and listens to the entertainment, waiting out the few hours leading up to the meeting that everyone is talking about.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#73 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Old Duergar wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:46 pm "Hmm... anything in particular that would win those Vikland brutes' hearts? I have yet to meet a brute that doesn't like a gift, snah!", Kumaglak stands up to his feet from his cross-legged usual sitting stance and dusts his decrepit leather pants.

He would then toss a single chunk of sugar at the boy's direction. "Make sure to follow me from a distance; if things go bad with those Vikland barbarians, it's good to have a diversion... or a hiding spot.".

Kumaglak flashes a hideous smile, his jaundiced sickly face and rotten teeth flashing under a nearby lamp's light.
"I dont know what a Viking might like. A severed head of their enemy. I suppose?"

The boy eats the sugar as soon as it touches his hands. "Oh, I'll follow you all right," he says with a sarcastic tone, never leaving his seat once the fish salter takes his leave.

Kumaglak departs the area all the same, heading towards the tavern to attend this meeting he keeps hearing about.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#74 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Playing a few more tunes before the tavern nearly empties of people heading towards the back of the building, Valkrina tries hard not to attract the attention of the proprietor. She addresses the barman about her meager wage on her way outside to see what this gathering is all about, pocketing the coin along the way.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will scout around and see if he can sneak in.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#76 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Looks like we are down to 7 players now, so lets move this thing into normal play mode again.

Feel free to finish up what you're doing here if you like, but it isnt mandatory.

You will all be starting out the game at the beginning of the meeting, which can be found over here in the new Game Thread.

viewtopic.php?f=992&t=10368

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”