OOC Discussion

Paladin
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#101 Post by Karaunios »

That sounds good to me!

Remember, guys, backstab your companions in the middle of combat, so the survivors get more XP :lol:

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#102 Post by Odin One Eye »

Hey guys, Valkur is going to have to drop this game. I have been busy as of late and don't have the time necessary to dedicate myself to posting on a regular basis. Thanks for having me and good luck.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Karaunios »

That's a pity, Odin! Good luck with everything. Come back if you have the time in the future.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by Paladin »

Had a very long workday and a ballet recital to attend tonight...may be Monday before I get new posts up.

But if I get time over the weekend, I'll see what I can do. :)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Karaunios »

It's fine, man!

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by Paladin »

We've lost a couple of players and the ranks are getting somewhat thin. I've had little luck recruiting new talent lately, and the ones I've gotten haven't lasted long. :lol:

So if any of you come across a likely candidate, be sure to send them over.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by beniliusbob »

Paladin wrote:We've lost a couple of players and the ranks are getting somewhat thin. I've had little luck recruiting new talent lately, and the ones I've gotten haven't lasted long. :lol:

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

I don't mind rolling a Vamstar replacement if we need another pound of flesh, haha.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by atpollard »

A bit of humor ... You seem to have added me to the wrong game.
I was trying to join the Holmes game. :)
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by Paladin »

beniliusbob wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:24 pm
Paladin wrote:We've lost a couple of players and the ranks are getting somewhat thin. I've had little luck recruiting new talent lately, and the ones I've gotten haven't lasted long. :lol:

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

I don't mind rolling a Vamstar replacement if we need another pound of flesh, haha.
If you get the urge, feel free. I'm always willing to fit in new characters. My intent was to gather in as many players as possible and have several parties active on various (and possibly entertwining) pursuits. I'd still like to make that happen, but the type of player who can successfully navigate a completely open world and write an action-packed story is rare. Recruiting is tough.

Most twiddle their thumbs and don't know what to do, so they just follow along and don't contribute much. I've never been skilled at coaxing people out of that shell. I just get impatient and leave them behind. :roll: Lol. Definitely room for some personal growth there.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Karaunios »

Although there hasn't been much new territory uncovered, I'll try to update the maps this week.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by Paladin »

Hang with me, guys. Been working every hour of daylight I can get the last couple weeks, so I'm a sweaty mess at day's end and rarely have the mental oomph to make a good post for us.

Will try tonight or tomorrow, though.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by Paladin »

Finally got a post up! Again...forgive my lack of activity. We may be once per week till the summer winds down. I just can't conjure the mental energy to post as much when I'm drenched and exhausted literally every day. Triple digit temps are kicking my butt.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by Paladin »

After some reflection...I hate to do it, as I love this world and there is so much to explore and do. But I just don't have the energy and headspace to keep it going anymore.

Sometimes games just don't pan out. The blame there is mine. I'm a new PBP DM and still learning. Kind of expected my first attempt to go down in flames. Lol.

Thank you for playing, guys and girls. I enjoyed it! Maybe we can try again sometime.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by beniliusbob »

Hi Paladin,

Sorry to see you go! I was actually logging on to sadly report I have to drop from my PbP games due to a few too many things going on... I haven't been able to keep up with my games and I hate to be a drag on anyone's campaign.

Although we didn't get too far, this is a fantastic campaign concept, and I think it's worth holding onto for the future. I really felt like you moulded some of the traditional tropes into something that made this a very unique world. All of the encounters blew my mind and felt fresh, surprising and scary. It really did feel like we were setting out in an alternate 1974 into lands unknown. :SAN:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Karaunios »

beniliusbob wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:18 pm Although we didn't get too far, this is a fantastic campaign concept, and I think it's worth holding onto for the future. I really felt like you moulded some of the traditional tropes into something that made this a very unique world. All of the encounters blew my mind and felt fresh, surprising and scary. It really did feel like we were setting out in an alternate 1974 into lands unknown. :SAN:
I endorse what beliniusbob just said. I really like the concept, the freshness of it all. It's the only game I've seen on these boards that really ressembles the kind of sword & sorcery feel that inspired D&D and that I prefer to the more high fantasy atmosphere that quickly developped from the beginning.

Hold onto that idea, Paladin, since it can be a really good one. It surely has inspired me and would've liked to unearthed the mysteries of this land.

I guess the numbers of campaigns that never do it 'to the end' greatly outnumbers those that do. It's a pity.

Return to “Beyond the Black Spire (S&W)”