Action Thread (Year 1153, Day 107) LAWFUL GOOD

atpollard
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread (Year 1153, Day 107) LAWFUL GOOD

#41 Post by Bluetongue »

Bogarde

I can imagine after the latest effort to attack that he whacks a tree trunk and gets the axe head so stuck in the tree the halberd shaft and head come apart.

Bogarde: halberd melee [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2 dam [1d10+3] = 9+3 = 12

Attacks guard 2.

"Damn f@#king piece of $#!t."he curses the weapon and cultist with inappropriate templar lingo.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:07 PM

#42 Post by atpollard »

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:07 PM [Forest SE of Ruins]

[round 7]
Edralt attempted a rush, but stumbled on a root as his and Guard 3’s shields clashed causing the Paladin to be thrown to the ground as his sword flew from his grip. Fortunately, Guard 3 simply stepped over the fallen paladin in search of another target.

Fergie and Bogarde tried to cleave Guard 2. For the Fighter, poor footing resulted in a blow that merely slid off the guard’s shield. The Half-Orc Priest attempts a powerful overhand chop, hoping to split the Guard in two with his mighty axe, but the blade becomes hopelessly entangled in the branches overhead forcing him to abandon the weapon.

Sensing a chance to even the score, both Guards focused their attacks on the Priest … hoping to repay the death of their priest with the death of another priest. However, the Banded Armor harmlessly absorbed all of their blows.
Edralt: to hit = 1; damage = na
Fergie: to hit = 7+2; damage = 0 (hit AC 10, missed AC 9 Guard)
Bogarde: to hit = 1+1; damage = na
Guard 2: to hit = 13; damage = 0 vs Bogarde
Guard 3: to hit = 14; damage = 0 vs Bogarde
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:08 PM

#43 Post by atpollard »

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:08 PM [Forest SE of Ruins]

[round 8]
Edralt recovered his sword and faced off against Guard 3 as Bogarde drew his cudgel to face off against guard two. The Paladin and Priest exchanged a quick glance and a smile as the guards made a rookie mistake. Each guard was so focused on the opponent directly in front of him that he had left himself vulnerable to the other opponent and a diagonal attack.

With his faster reflexes, Edralt thrust across at Guard 2 located in front of Bogarde. Guard 2 died even as his attack swung wildly off mark and completely missed Bogarde.

For a moment, Edralt was vulnerable to attack from Guard 3 standing immediately in front of him, but only for a moment. It was in that moment that Fergie struck Guard 3 from behind as Bogarde struck him diagonally from the front. Guard 3 was technically already dead even as his mace contacted Edralt for minimal damage … some soreness that would be gone by morning.
Nothing personal, but with three Lvl 2 PCs vs two Lvl 1 NPCs I have a pretty good idea how this fight is going to end and just wanted to move the game along and bring both groups together … so I rolled for everyone.
Edralt: to hit = 14; damage = 5 vs Guard 2
Fergie: to hit = 7+2; damage = 1+3 vs Guard 3
Bogarde: to hit = 10+1; damage = 5 vs Guard 3
Guard 2: to hit = 5; damage = 0 vs Bogarde
Guard 3: to hit = 15; damage = 1 vs Edralt

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:20 PM

#44 Post by atpollard »

Year 1153, Day 107: 1:20 PM [Forest SE of Ruins]

Edralt, Fergie and Bogarde stood victorious in the camp of the defeated guards. Fergie collected his belongings confiscated by his captors and placed his armor back on. Bogarde successfully wrestled his polearm free of the clutches of the trees … although some were tempted to laugh, the temper of the half-Orc warned everyone not to mention the incident.

Formal introductions were made and the band headed off towards the abandoned KEEPER outpost.

Among the belongings found in camp:
  • 6 maces
  • 6 suits of Leather Armor
  • 62 GP
  • 78 SP
  • 91 CP
  • One Guard has a Gold Ring with a green stone (item 102)
  • two evil Holy Symbols: one Copper and one Silver.
  • 3 man-weeks of rations.
Bogarde: Note that the Brass Horn you recovered earlier is (item 101)
Last edited by atpollard on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Bluetongue »

Bogarde

Greets the lone fighter. He doesn't ask his name as a first introduction instead he grips the man's hand and (in the style of Dutch vs Dillon in Predator) engages in a bit of posturing and arm wrestle as he sizes the man up.

It's an half-orcish thing but I think I am correct that the fighter must also be as super strong. The evenly matched build a mutual respect as neither gives an inch.

We load up the goods in sacks placed on the mounts. As we do he gives space for Fergie to share 'his story'.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by kruk »

Fergie

As the half-orc goes through his strange greeting with the fighter Fergie thinks to himself Ok, I'll play along with this as this guy help save my life. Continuing with the test of strength Fergie, reading the body language of the Bogarde the fighter believes he past the test. As he gathers his gear he turns to the others and speaks in common tongue. I am Fergie , son of Jenkins...farmer by trade. Thank you for your aide. Don't think I would have made it out alive without your help. He gives a head nod to both them. He then turns back to and looks at the dead and states in a proud voice. Well, with these thugs and their priest leader gone, this world is a better place. They kidnapped and sacrificed many children. I had to do something about it. I killed their priest leader. You helped me with the others. Thanks again for your help.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Bluetongue »

Bogarde

is Edralt still engaged in the game?

"Well farmer Fergie, you better dress up in one of those sets of padding. No telling who else is about here. Take your pick of the weapons."

It is obvious no farms are nearby, but I am aware of scattered villages in isolated valleys. The man is a long way from 'home'.

The warrior frisks the bodies collecting the coins and consumables. He kneels over them closing their eyes and placing a copper coin on their eyelids, he mutters some requiem for their souls and his own.

He spies the ring and takes it off the finger of the dead guard, biting it in his teeth to attest the sincerity of the gold. He holds it out to the fighter. "I ain't asking yer to marry me! You slew him, you claim his wares."

He pouches up 22gp, 26sp and 27cp and a weeks rations in a satchel which he passes to Fergie also.

"You are free to go back to your farm. I am sure they will need you continued protection. If that is no longer possible you are welcome to trek with us though we undertake a risky enterprise ourselves. Brave men are in short supply in these and demand his high."

Onwards we trek to the ruin.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by atpollard »

New topic created for the united party at the ruins: Action Thread (Year 1153, Day 107): KEEPERS & CLAN

Return to “A Candle in the Darkness (1e)”