Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

Hadarai
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chapter 1: "Night of Blood"

#121 Post by Faanku »

Sei immediately switches to affable merchant mode at the suggestion, her arms held out in a conciliatory manner. "Perish the thought, friend! Truth be told, between this dreadful storm and the presence of those best left unnamed, we are lucky to be alive ourselves." She welcomes a flagon of ale and introduces herself as a humble peddler, giving her companions a chance to offer their own names before inquiring about the situation. "I fear for the coach driver we left back on the road amongst others. Perhaps you can tell us more about this bandit attack?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca:

I am Bianca, a scholar... not a bandit, just on my way to Nuln in search of work/coin. Our coach broke down and we were doing our best to make this inn before nightfall and then on to Nuln. We had a bit if a spat in a field not far from here, four chaos somethings. We are blessed to be alive....
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by ybn1197 »

"Brynmor Geddings, a protagonist by trade. Like the others, I was in the carriage on our way to Nuln when bad luck decided to spy upon us."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by VonAlric »

Nic

"Aye," Nic nods after the others speak. "We left the coach bound for here hours ago. They are probably in this storm same as we. If there are bandits about, it does not bode well for them. You might have some work ahead of ye in the morning, Hans. As for bandits, unless they are tougher than the beastmen we encountered as we came near here, I think we can help keep this place safe. Also, the horses in the stable were sounding a bit restless and maybe even a window isn't secure and flapping about in this storm."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Take this venison and feed the inn. I will have an Altdorf Ale or a Middenhiem Lagar. And bring it in a tankard.

Roadwarden ah. Got your work cut out for you. We left a pile of Beastmen and Mutants down the road a bit. And there is a coach broken down further down from that. So is the Inn full? If so I have no trouble staying in the barn. At least it is dry and the horses warn you when something is wrong.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca

Nods at Hargrim's suggestion.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by Hadarai »

"Ah that'sgood to hear!" Hans replies when the group assures him that they are in fact not bandits. "Obviously you lot look nothing of the sort nor give off that type of feeling but it must be asked regardless."

When asked about the attack on the ferry Hans recounts the incident, "I had just made here before night fell and the storm began, all was well up to that point. But once the storm was underway and I had sat down for supper one of the guests came running down the stairs claiming he saw a group of armed men from his rooms window thundering toward the ferry. I gathered those that were willing to fight and rushed to help the ferryman but they completed their terrible work quickly, scooping up the poor fellow and took the ferry across the river.

Once on the otherside they had cut the line and disappeared into the forest.
Hans took a hard drink from his mug, sighed, and shook his head in dissapointment. "There was not much more to do after that other than lock the compound down and staysurprised."

When the group mentions the attack on the road and the wayward coach left behind he looks at the group surprised. "Beastmen and mutants!? My sounds like you've had the worse night than us, you'reall lucky to still be breathing. Good thing we had the sense to hole up in here, I pray those were the only chaos tainted skulking around here and you lot saved us from them but I guess we'll see. Shame about your coach though more than likely they'll hunker down for the night but they should be safe gods willing. I don't think anything will be wandering the roads for the rest of the night, not while this storm is raging like it is. Once day breaks I'll go out to search for them if they haven't made it here already.

Speaking on the matter of getting the group lodging for the night Hans rubs his chin. "Like I said Otto has been all nerves tonight, he'll probably fight you on letting you stay within the compound walls. But I can't in good conscious let you go back out there. I've known him for a long time, give me a few moments to sweeten him on the idea and I'm sure we can find you a place to stay."

Hans will stay a moment longer to answer any other question the group may have before excusing himself to the kitchen to speak with Otto.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by spanningtree »

Bianca

By all means Hans, see if you can smooth the situation over with Otto.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by Darklin2 »

Hargrim

Hargrim slips his arm around Eva's waist and urges her to the front door.

At a whisper so as no one else can hear.

Did he say that the ferry house was attacked tonight? That is not possible. The blood was dried. With all this rain there is no way that happened tonight. The blood on this Sigmar medallion is dried too. When you are able tell the others to pay attention. Something here isn't right. Try not to bring attention to yourself.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#130 Post by gialloneri »

Eva carefully nods to Hargrim, discomforted in part by the dwarf's familiarity after but a few hours since meeting her, but also by his words. She whispers to him "Yes, I'll be cautious", then quickly and politely disengages from his grasp, gives him a subtle wink, and says loudly, "Master dwarf, while you may appreciate the cold and damp of this doorway as a memory of your mountain holds, I have no such nostalgia and wish only to sit by the fire and dry out from this Sigmar-cursed storm!"

Return to “Adventures in the Old World (WFRP, 1e)”