Wow, close call!

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: IC. Broken Valley Chapter 1: It's all there for the taki

#442 Post by The_Wanderer »

sirravd wrote:[1d100] = 94

Wow, close call!
LOL - I thought about rolling it for you because it seems automatic...Hopefully this doesn't create a crisis of confidence for Mirwydd!

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#443 Post by MonsterMash »

Lets finish clearing near Bitterpan as I don't like blank hexes on the map

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by tibbius »

"If we can bring Parnell to account, that will be a bold step for Law in the lands east of Bitterpan."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

sirravd

#445 Post by sirravd »

"And I reiterate my vote to hang that %*$@# halfling."

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#446 Post by The_Wanderer »

Month 1, Day 25, Mid-day
Hex 13.17

The party travels through the night and by the earliest twilight, you have passed the outskirts of the small town of Bitterpan. Continuing southeast along the road known locally as the Gold Track, the trees begin to encroach upon the road. You pass some light traffic going toward Bitterpan, which Dying Rabbit has no trouble avoiding. Around Mid-day, you smell the recognizable stench of smoke in the air blowing toward you from the southeast. Coming around a bend, the trees clear enough to show a single pillar of smoke ahead. You're still perhaps 1/4 mile away and unable to see the source due to the curves in the road and trees.

At that same moment, a man comes stumbling around the bend ahead in a half run. His hair is matted down with blood and his once nice clothes now are torn. He does not appear to be armed. Seeing you at the same moment you see him, he begins waving his left arm and stumbling faster. "Help!"
Map will be updated within a day or two

sirravd

#447 Post by sirravd »

Mirwydd silently prepares to sleep the poor man's pursuers.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by ybn1197 »

Nymandus takes a defensive stance, but not towards the man but towards any pursuers he may have. "What good sir has befallen you?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#449 Post by tibbius »

Egbald steps forward, hand outstretched. "We are servants of Law," he says, "even the bigger ugly one. I am a priest of Law and can aid your wounds. Let me see your injury."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#450 Post by The_Wanderer »

The man seems relieved until Egbald refers to Dying Rabbit. He skids to a halt goggling at the bugbear. You've all been around the bugbear long enough to recognize him licking his chops at the bleeding man. He looks from person to person for a moment and finally blurts it out. "Orcs. Must have been 10 of them that raided my wagon. The guards I hired are dead or dying. I only barely made my way free when I hit one of them with my walking stick and ran. They ambushed us from both sides of the road, probably not even 1/4 mile back that way." He locks eyes again with Dying Rabbit and begins moving so the rest of the party are between him and the bugbear.

The smoke down the road ahead of you is beginning to thin.

sirravd

#451 Post by sirravd »

"Well," says Mirwydd, "we're a group of doughty adventurers, and robber-slaying is very much our wheelhouse, orcish or no. What say we track these miscreants down and loot their bodies?"

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#452 Post by The_Wanderer »

The_Wanderer wrote:With apologies all around I'm going to go ahead and call an end to this game. I've appreciated your participation and attention over the last few months and look forward to playing with you guys in other games going forward.

Thanks!

Return to “Broken Valley (S&W Complete Hexcrawl)”