Dialectic

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Dialectic

#161 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Should I go look through the threads to list out the progress to different tools?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by tibbius »

That's a really good idea. I kept thinking I could do that but it would be better if you got around to it because I'm not sure I will.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by tibbius »

I am worried that this game may have faltered to a halt. That would sadden me. At the same time, what we've done so far was good!

Here's an update to the rules, incorporating a few comments from people on the RPG Talk server at discord.com.
MundaneVirtues1.6.pdf
(109.56 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Leitz »

tibbius wrote:I am worried that this game may have faltered to a halt. That would sadden me. At the same time, what we've done so far was good!

Here's an update to the rules, incorporating a few comments from people on the RPG Talk server at discord.com.
For me, I think so. Nothing particularly wrong with the rules, and the situation had potential. One of the challenges may have been changing rule sets post start. That seemed to cause a hiccup. In many ways, the rules define PCs by what they can, and cannot, do well. Changing rules effectively changes the characters. At least that's how it felt. I also find I prefer more rules than less. Simple ones, yes, but the rules give me ideas to bounce my character off of. Absent those ideas, I'm in the same mental processes as always.

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#165 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Hi all,

Unfortunately, while this was a good game and I definitely encourage Tibbius to keep working on the ruleset (good ideas there, even if I still want a unified melee!) I'm not really feeling up to any rping right now. Nothing to do with the story honestly, just a general lack of motivation for any characterising. So I'm going to be dropping. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it was a good time while it lasted. Quality work all round.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by tibbius »

It looks like we're down to just you, @cybersavant, and unfortunately this game won't even limp with just Andrew.

What I'd like to do now is have this Archived, and if ever any of you want to restart it, just message the group Athens has Fallen to gauge everyone else's interest.

Thank you all for playing! I had a great time as DM.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#167 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Thanks for running. I had a great time with the game to date, especially with all the misunderstandings in chapter 2. It was fun to unravel the actual story of what had happened, see the colorful villages and find our own story beats. I really appreciated the little bits of greek history you were able to drop in too, it gave the world a very lived in feel.

If there's a drive to restart sometime I'll probably be up for it. I'll probably feel more enthusiasm for things later in the year as things get back to normal.

Return to “Athens has Fallen (AFG)”