On the road

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: On the road

#61 Post by tibbius »

Whether it was the oddity of the cold hearth, or the strangely staring youth by the side of the lady, Tarabim could not tell what threw him off. But he found it oddly difficult to tune his lute, and as he plucked the notes of an intro he was unsure what song to play. He settled for a wordless melody, which he completed mechanically. He continued to another, an old lament about lovers in a field of barley with the fair maid struck down by a goblin arrow. Looking about he saw that he was having no good effect on his audience. He smiled politely and let the lute fall silent. "I regret my time on the trail has done little for my skill in song or lute," he said apologetically. "I do have news to share." He pondered whether to unveil the disappearance of the King's Mirror, and decided again that it would be impolitic to spread such dismaying news. Instead, he settled for news about trade north and south along the Anduin, in these days that Laketown and the Lonely Mountain were coming back to grandeur.

Actually I'm going to spend one or two points of Fate to get a success on this roll, it matters.
Tarabim singing, story-telling, or charming [1d6] = 3[1d6] = 4[1d6] = 4
a third Fate point [1d6] = 2 Tarabim's down to 2 Fate now.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: On the road

#62 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Barwuf enjoys the meal and company, confused by the usually confidant bard. He doesnt think much of it, instead looking around the room for anyone sporting any obvious injuries or sickness.

He doesn't speak much, letting the others make the introductions and small talk.

Return to “A Lost and Overgrown Path (There and Back Again)”