OOC

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC

#281 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hate to be the guy to admit or say this but i find it hard to call out a target with no visual of the battle thus I merely just claim to attack the "closest" one. Or in the case of the runners giving chase and swing to try and hit one of them.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Zhym »

That's fine. It's a lot easier for me to run the combat without worrying about mapping everything out, as long as that's okay with the players. But I also want to leave room for tactics if players want to do that.

GreyWolfVT

#283 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I understand. I map things out but probably waste my time to be honest. I'm just a visual type.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Zhym »

Ugh. There's nothing like a big combat for bringing a game to a halt. Sorry, folks.

New post is up. Modric has dropped out, so Grond is wandering off back to civilization. If the update pace is way too slow, I'll understand if anyone else wants to drop out.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Zhym »

I'm heading out of town this weekend, so I may not get a chance to post an update until Monday or so.

(I know, I know — travelling, now? But I'm driving, and we're going to a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. We'll be more socially distant than we are here in our townhouse.)

GreyWolfVT

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zhym wrote:I'm heading out of town this weekend, so I may not get a chance to post an update until Monday or so.

(I know, I know — travelling, now? But I'm driving, and we're going to a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. We'll be more socially distant than we are here in our townhouse.)
Actually probably not a terrible idea, I wish I had a cabin in the middle of nowhere to be socially distant in. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Zhym »

It's not my own cabin is the only wrinkle. It's in a state park, but it's pretty isolated and most of the park is closed this time of year except to day use (none of which comes near the cabin).

I'd love to have a cabin of my own, too—and I don't even hunt or fish. I just like the idea of bwing able to get away from everything. Then again, the people I know who have cabins seem to spend a lot of time maintaining them, so maybe that's not all it's cracked up to be either.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Rex »

I have access to my in-laws deer camp, but it has an out house and no running water so more hard core than most are willing to do. I spend about 30 nights a year there, but I can get by with far less than most.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Zhym »

Hi all. Just a note that I haven’t forgotten about you and should update soon.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Zhym »

The_Wanderer wrote:He shakes his head and takes a drink from his wineskin and brings the iron key to the chest. "Bring that light over here first." He does his best imitation of a thief inspecting the chest for traps and then, assuming he doesn't see anything, inserts the key in the lock and turns it, holding his breath as he does so.
Iliro already opened the chest and found 2,000 sp—which, so far, your PCs have been entirely unimpressed with. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#291 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I wouldn't say unimpressed merely trying not to carry all the extra weight I'm thinking that would be a bit of weight added even divided up.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#292 Post by Darklin2 »

Sorry Guy just to much going on in Real life and the game has slowed way down. I am out. Got to devote more time to life.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#293 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry to see you go Darklin but I understand, and hope to still see you in some of the other games we are in. :)

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by Darklin2 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Sorry to see you go Darklin but I understand, and hope to still see you in some of the other games we are in. :)
Yes,

I will still be around just dropping some of the slow moving games so I can concentrate any free time I may get on the others.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Zhym »

I'm sorry the game has gone so slow, everyone. I've been pulled in several different directions lately and haven't been as engaged on this boards. The games I'm in (I mean, other than the ones I'm running) also seem to have slowed down.

Honestly, I'm not sure I have it in me to run this game right now, so I think I'll put it on hiatus if that doesn't break anyone's heart.

GreyWolfVT

#296 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The hiatus actually makes sense to me and I am all in for it if that is the route the game is going. But count me back in if the game comes back. :)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Rex »

That is fine with me.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#298 Post by VonAlric »

Understood.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Return to “Zhym's Hack-'n-Slash Random Dungeon Crawl (BX)”