Adventure preliminaries

Harpoonrgm84a
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Adventure preliminaries

#1 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, players, I have all the basic preliminary adventure material ready. I have all the character information from Marty. As soon as I get everyone else's character information, I am thinking we can start early. If you have any questions, please ask.

cryominer
Scout
Scout

Re: Adventure preliminaries

#2 Post by cryominer »

Vigg Draper, Technician (Mechanical), Drasalite

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by pdunwin »

BJ should make the initiative roll if they want as I'm on my phone until this evening. Borble won't have much to offer in terms of combat, but he'll be on the look-out for other ways to help, such as getting people to safety.

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by pdunwin »

Unless I'm missing something, it seems foolish for Borble to go out there. He'd be out in the open for to be blasted at.

Edited to add: Until we have a dedicated OOC thread, I thought I'd use this.

My assumption about old school games like SF is that not everyone is really expected to be able to contribute in the same way (or at all) to every situation. It's quite possible in SF to make a character with no combat skills and, furthermore, no weapons, armor, or even significant staying power. And because that's possible, presumably it's okay and still supposed to be fun. I think ideally every situation would have multiple things going on so that multiple skill types could be used, but I know that's a lot to expect.

Borble can fight (and a spear is really quite a good starter weapon, until one's opponents regularly wear inertia protection), so if the enemies had placed themselves substantially closer he might have engaged, but as it is he'd probably better stay low, especially since it's not clear what's going on.

Jaakari
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Jaakari »

I appreciate the opportunity to be part of the effort here. My character is H. L. Niles, Human Roboticist. I’ll try to get an in character post together tonight: do I need to post his character sheet someplace or should I just send it in to the GM?

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”