#101 Post by Stirling »

Okay I admit I am a dinosaur.

.y computer has windows 95 and a dial up modem
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Out of Character Chatter

#102 Post by atpollard »

Stirling wrote:Okay I admit I am a dinosaur.
.y computer has windows 95 and a dial up modem
GOOD FOR YOU!

Our home computer runs 24/7/365 until something breaks that costs more to fix than half the cost of a new system, then we replace it.
So our Windows 7 has been running continuously since 2009 ... a new hard drive is probably not a lot to ask after 87 thousand hours of operation.

I still run Windows XP on my workstation for commercial drafting (that one is going to need an operating system upgrade to run the next generation of software).
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by atpollard »

Speaking of dinosaurs, if anyone ever needs help programming in FORTRAN IV or IBM PL/1 using punch cards on an IBM System/360, I have experience. :lol:
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Leitz »

I did 5 bit punched tape for a while, and mucked about with ferrite core memory and vacuum tubes :)
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#105 Post by Ahlmzhad »

atpollard wrote:
Speaking of dinosaurs, if anyone ever needs help programming in FORTRAN IV or IBM PL/1 using punch cards on an IBM System/360, I have experience. :lol:
Well that alone earns you a skill level in patience and perseverance.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Leitz »

On D'Arcy's methane plan, is he proposing to do that as a side venture or bringing it to the team as an idea for the company to pursue? My first thought is that it would require significant time and capitol (MCr) to pursue which would be easier done by Vloxmar. However, if D'Arcy has the research notes and such then he could easily sell them for cash or a percentage of the profits.

The real advantage would be keeping the tooling beyond local capabilities to support and reproduce, giving Vloxmar a barrier to competition and strengthening the revenue stream.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Spearmint »

well for D'Arcy, the link is with a local mercantile/exporters in Albion who have 'invested' interests in the refinery business. The biochemist research notes were an off screen introduction to his character and my be read in the forum. He has a copy of the research notes and contacts within the mercantile who may be able to assist the development of such experimental technology on a new world as much as their home one of Albion. The thesis is unproven yet but expected to be sound.

Maybe prior to lift off, we go back to Albion to follow up on the scientists research (and if anyone fancies helping to hide a body ...).
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Spearmint »

so what next?
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Leitz »

I'm going to bail. Feel free to NPC Stefano as needed.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by atpollard »

Daggnabbit, I'm bored.

Until the REF decides to come back and make something happen ... like the ship exit jump in a new system or whatever is next ... Is anyone else interested in just posting in character to do stuff and interact with each other. We have a whole HIGHPORT to play in! We should go somewhere and do something. You can start by interacting with Fred if you want. I left the door open IC.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Leitz »

atpollard wrote:Daggnabbit, I'm bored.

Air shifted lightly as the door opened and closed. Boot shod feet moved their way. "Thought you might come here first. Welcome back." FC Domici said quietly.

:mrgreen:
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by atpollard »

Leitz wrote:
atpollard wrote:Daggnabbit, I'm bored.
Air shifted lightly as the door opened and closed. Boot shod feet moved their way. "Thought you might come here first. Welcome back." FC Domici said quietly.

:mrgreen:
I thought about your suggestion of joining the new CT game that was recruiting, but that poor guy is just getting back into playing and the PAIR if us would break a new REF ...
  • You love your high power characters.
  • Remember the MERC game someone started where I just wanted to play a scaled alien rodent scampering across the battlefield scavenging for food?
You want to rule the world and I want to play something that has never been played before (like a traveling Shop Owner). It is cruel to inflict US BOTH on a newbie REF. :)

At least on this game, these PLAYERS can hold their own.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Leitz »

Hey, someone has to rule the world...

I don't remember the merc game, but I did play a couple of others on CoTI and elsewhere. Marco is an odd duck given a rare chance. He took it.

I did play Allesandro Domici, the instigator of Prince Al's. :P
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#114 Post by Ahlmzhad »

OK guys I apologize for the lull. Big changes at work really hit me hard. Things are easing up, so should be able to post more frequently though not as much as at first. So I've heard from a couple that were still wanting to be in. I'd guess it's time to start the journey so anyone that is still wanting to go forward let me know. Depending on which characters are still with us will dictate what happens next so please let me know.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Leitz »

I'm maxed out with work and writing and coding and the two games I'm in. Enjoy, all, and good luck!
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by The Bindoner »

I'm still interested, if things happen I'll post.

Kiki spent her advance on high-tech medicines and medical devices and some personal items.

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”