Ch. 2: Finally Inside the Tomb

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Finally Inside the Tomb

#261 Post by Mondego »

Bhart wrote:The statue appears to be made of only stone. The depressions in the hands are the size of a medium to large gemstone. The broken arm on the floor does not have a depression like the others.
"The obvious answer is to put gem stones into the statue's hands. Unfortunately, I don't have any gems."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#262 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos mutters a prayer and gesticulates in McC's direction.
"Do you not want to wait for the others - strength in numbers and all that?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#263 Post by Alethan »

Skiiratch shrugs, "Maybe we'll find the answer further along."

He heads down the hallway, following the others.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#264 Post by Bhart »

Stirling wrote:McCloud will turn to Skarlos, "pray for me brother, might be in need of some divine blessing. The torchlight will already have announced our presence." So fearing nought and everything at once, McCloud will lower himself to the floor and , taking a line down the middle of the room move to the square between the doors. Are there just murals and frescoes on the walls, is the hallway empty of furniture, statues, obstacles? McCloud is hoping that his 'magic boots' will give him some advantage should he suddenly spring a trap and he'll need an extra boost to 'jump' out of the way.
No furniture or statues, only the murals can be seen.

From north to south the figures and spheres appear as follows:
West wall...
GOLD held high above head
ORANGE held waist high
PURPLE at feet

East wall...
PALE BLUE at shoulder
SILVER at feet
GREEN held high above head
YELLOW at shoulder

More painted figures with spheres can be seen further south as the hall disappears into blackness.
Attachments
toh2.png
toh2.png (184.96 KiB) Viewed 541 times

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by tkrexx »

The Dwarf peers back and forth between those who have gone and those who have staid. Not splittn agin, aren we?

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#266 Post by Mondego »

Quinn follows the others into the next room. As he walks he uses his spear to test the area in front of him. “Perhaps this is the second great hall from the poem?”

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will hold his position, taking in all the artwork and try to decipher any clues to the way forward. I can see two doors on the west wall, any footprints leading to or from them?

"I fear Bindle came not this way at all"

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#268 Post by Bhart »

3 of you join Mc Cloud in the hall of spheres.

There is no sign of foot prints or Bindle, it's obvious that he did not come this way.

The 2 doors appear to be iron bound oak. Each has a pull ring and appears to open into the hall.

Mc Cloud notices that the murals show each creature holding a colored sphere and no two colors are the same.
Attachments
toh2.png
toh2.png (184.95 KiB) Viewed 510 times

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Stirling »

"Go back to the tormentor or through the arch, "....McCloud quotes the red tile poem, "Shun green if you can, but night's good colour is for those of great valour. If shades of red stand for blood the wise will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of magical metal - you're well along your march."

"I think this is the second hall Acer' spoke of. Not too good with his cryptic enigmas' though."

Looking back to our entrance point, did we come through a door of some kind?

McCloud will continue down the hallway testing for traps as he slowly progresses. He will particularly look out for colours on the frescoes mentioned in the poem. Are the doors painted in a distinctive colour?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#270 Post by Alethan »

Skiiratch scratches his head in wonder.

"Now where did that bloody monk run off to?"

He follows the highlander... about 10 paces back.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by tkrexx »

The Dwarf harrumphs and follows Quinn.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#272 Post by Bhart »

The hall ends in an archway filled with swirling mists. The colored spheres in the murals are as follows (listed north to south)...

West Wall
-----------------------
GOLD held high above head
ORANGE held waist high
PURPLE at feet
BRONZE held waist high
GRAY at shoulder
BRIGHT BLUE at feet
WHITE held high above head
TURQUOISE at shoulder
SCARLET held waist high
PALE GREEN at feet

East Wall
------------------------
PALEBLUE at shoulder
SILVER at feet
GREEN held high above head
YELLOW at shoulder
PINK held high above head
BLACK at feet
PALE VIOLET at shoulder
RED held waist high
BUFF at feet
INDIGO held high above head
Attachments
toh2.png
toh2.png (228.41 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Dumnbunny
Tracker
Tracker

#273 Post by Dumnbunny »

Muttering a quick prayer, Razluki will follow the others into the room, staying fairly close to the tunnel exit for the time being.
Jed [AC: 14, HP: 9/10, Deity Disapproval: 1-2], Murq [AC: 13, 8/8]

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Stirling »

The hall ends in an archway filled with swirling mists...

McCloud will investigate the archway, especially the first squares before it. Am expecting that if this archway is the other side of the one Bindle stepped through then he may have left a trace or perhaps triggered some trap, fell in a pit? So McCloud will be extra vigilant in his trap searching.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#275 Post by saalaria »

Skarlos stares at the various murals, trying to divine their intent or function
"Do you really thing the message applied to this stuff? I am not so sure!"

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#276 Post by Mondego »

[quote="Stirling"]"Go back to the tormentor or through the arch, "....McCloud quotes the red tile poem, "Shun green if you can, but night's good colour is for those of great valour. If shades of red stand for blood the wise will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of magical metal - you're well along your march."

"I think this is the second hall Acer' spoke of. Not too good with his cryptic enigmas' though."[quote]

"Sounds like red or black are what the poem suggests. Although green may also be an option. But not the best option is what I am guessing."

Quinn moves over to the black orb and begins a careful investigation. First he pokes the butt of his spear against the orb to see if it activates any unseen pits. Next he moves closer and begins a search for traps or secret doors.

OOC: Find/remove traps on the black orb

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#277 Post by Bhart »

Stirling wrote:The hall ends in an archway filled with swirling mists...

McCloud will investigate the archway, especially the first squares before it. Am expecting that if this archway is the other side of the one Bindle stepped through then he may have left a trace or perhaps triggered some trap, fell in a pit? So McCloud will be extra vigilant in his trap searching.
As you approach the archway the keystone and 2 base stones begin to glow, Olive, Russet, and Citron. You find no signs of Bindle nor traps.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#278 Post by Bhart »

saalaria wrote:Skarlos stares at the various murals, trying to divine their intent or function
"Do you really thing the message applied to this stuff? I am not so sure!"
Their intent as far as you can tell is purely decoration.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#279 Post by Bhart »

Mondego wrote:
Stirling wrote:"Go back to the tormentor or through the arch, "....McCloud quotes the red tile poem, "Shun green if you can, but night's good colour is for those of great valour. If shades of red stand for blood the wise will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of magical metal - you're well along your march."

"I think this is the second hall Acer' spoke of. Not too good with his cryptic enigmas' though."

"Sounds like red or black are what the poem suggests. Although green may also be an option. But not the best option is what I am guessing."

Quinn moves over to the black orb and begins a careful investigation. First he pokes the butt of his spear against the orb to see if it activates any unseen pits. Next he moves closer and begins a search for traps or secret doors.

OOC: Find/remove traps on the black orb
As soon as the butt of your spear touches the black sphere it vanishes. It seems to have been an illusion covering a 3 foot diameter tunnel.
Attachments
toh2.png
toh2.png (252.17 KiB) Viewed 452 times

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#280 Post by Mondego »

“I found something,” Quinn calls to the others. “Looks like a tunnel. So far the peom has been useful guidance.”

Quinn ties the end of a rope around his waist before lighting a torch. “Someone take the end of this rope. Keep it taut and be ready to keep me from falling. That way if I come across a pit hopefully I don’t fall all the way in.”

Once someone is at the other end of the rope Quinn will explore the tunnel.

Quinn will continue to search fro traps as he makes his way slowly down the tunnel.

Return to “Party 2”