Group 2: Feedback

DM: Dave
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Group 2: Feedback

#1 Post by dmw71 »

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I'm going to start adding a 'Feedback' topic in every game I run. It's just a space to share thoughts about how the game in general.

Thoughts. Suggestions.

Just having this in place will be really helpful for me to keep a pulse on the game and how it's progressing. Are you enjoying it? Are you growing bored? Is there something you'd like to change? Is it moving too fast? Too slow? Are you interested in the current story you're working through, or should I push the group forward? Just whatever.

I'm also interested in any criticisms you may have. Yes, seriously. I have been making efforts to improve how I run games, and feel like I'm improving, but I realize there is always room for improvement.

No one is under any obligation to share here (or in your private forums if you'd rather not do so publicly), but I definitely encourage and welcome your feedback.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Group 2: Feedback

#2 Post by Pulpatoon »

I've appreciated that the pace has been a little slower, lately, because I've been busy. But the semester will soon be over, and the summer days will be spent in my basement studio, drawing and checking up on the Unseen Servant. So, basically, come mid-May, {facetious} I'll be ready for hourly updates. {/facetious}

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Pulpatoon wrote:I've appreciated that the pace has been a little slower, lately, because I've been busy. But the semester will soon be over, and the summer days will be spent in my basement studio, drawing and checking up on the Unseen Servant. So, basically, come mid-May, {facetious} I'll be ready for hourly updates. {/facetious}
:lol:

Noted.

With my now officially running four games, I find myself in a bit of a balancing act. I'm still figuring it out. There will undoubtedly be times when more attention will be paid to certain games, for one reason or another (e.g. the situation taking place in that game, the amount of time or effort that will be required to complete the update, etc...), but I enjoy running them all, and look forward to keeping them all updated them as quickly as possible.

The pace in each game may vary slightly, as attention may be paid to certain games for one reason or another, but I will work to keep every game moving as quickly as I can.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

For me it helps not to be expecting hourly (or semi hourly) postings for my characters being that I have the web restrictions at work for about half a year now or so I can only check and post from my cell which for me is not good in the manner of posting actions in combat or rolling for skills and so forth but is not horribly bad in the way of posting just general text and if my character is speaking. So for now I have to say thank you for keeping the pace a bit slower it works.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:So for now I have to say thank you for keeping the pace a bit slower it works.
This is actually helpful to hear. I've been legitimately stressing that the slower pace has been angering people.
-- Project --
-- DM --

BearSiren817
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by BearSiren817 »

Not angering me! I appreciate you introducing me to this world and side of playing. I haven’t been feeling well lately and hope to keep up with my posts.
Azalea, 1st level Rogue, Dave’s Urban Campaign

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

BearSiren817 wrote:Not angering me! I appreciate you introducing me to this world and side of playing. I haven’t been feeling well lately and hope to keep up with my posts.
Good to hear (the not angered part).

Feel better soon!
-- Project --
-- DM --

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#8 Post by Scott308 »

I generally prefer a little slower pace.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

Scott308 wrote:I generally prefer a little slower pace.
Wow. This is all really helpful to hear. I've always just assumed that player's preferred a more rapid pace (maybe because I always did as a player).

I'll slow this one down a bit.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#10 Post by Scott308 »

Daily posting can be hard for me. Tuesday is my late day at work, and I go directly from there to my weekly game group, so I may or may not be able to post, depending on how busy I am at work. I generally have at least one day of call each week, so again, if I have to stay or come back in I might not be able to post. I admit that when I am able to post frequently, I sometimes get disappointed if a game doesn't have more posts, but I know I am not able to maintain a daily pace.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Dram »

I am fine with a slower pace as I am very busy this time of year with work and family obligations.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Tyranny of Dragons - Group 2 (5e)”