Episode 1 : Rescue or Retrieval

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

Re: Episode 1 : Rescue or Retrieval

#41 Post by Liaozhai »

Wei leaves command of the ship in the competent hands of Dr. Yegorovich, Moss, and Udex.

"I will be reading the old opera in our quarters while preparations are made. Taniushka, you're welcome to join me again."

Previously, Leite, Prince of Han, escaped from the pirates who beset his craft and slew the two corrupt ministers, who, under orders from a wicked king, had hoped to assassinate him during their journey. Returning to his homeland, he prepares to duel the king's champion, a former schoolmate who blames Leite for his sister's death.

The performance ([2d6] = 7) is middling.
The Filial Prince of Han wrote:
HOU LAIXIAO, a scholar
You will lose this wager, my lord.

LEITE, Prince of Han
I do not think so: since he went into Shu, I
have been in continual practise: I shall win at the
odds. But thou wouldst not think how ill all's here
about my heart: but it is no matter.
It is but foolery; but it is such a kind of
gain-giving, as would perhaps trouble a eunuch.

HOU
If your mind dislike any thing, obey it: I will
forestall their repair hither, and say you are not
fit.

LEITE
Not a whit, we defy augury: there's a special
providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now,
'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be
now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the
readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he
leaves, what is't to leave betimes?
He postpones the swordfight with an interminable meditation on acting without action and avian auguries.

OK now I'm ready ;)

lordgrimli
Strider
Strider

#42 Post by lordgrimli »

Still waiting on Udex to hook me up to that station XD

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

#43 Post by Liaozhai »

lordgrimli wrote:Still waiting on Udex to hook me up to that station XD
Here's a Talk check for that if Udex comes through Talk-1+ CHA 1 [2d6+2] = 7+2 = 9

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Gerrin »

After a couple of tries the video screen flickers and a tired looking man in a green jumpsuit comes into focus.

""Persephone?, This is Espino 8, do you copy?"

lordgrimli
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by lordgrimli »

Lloyd nods thankfully to Udex.

"Hi Espino 8, This it the free merchant Persephone, we copy. We'll be swinging by your neck of the woods shortly, are there any supplies you need?"

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Gerrin »

"That's a negative Persephone, we just took our monthly shipment yesterday. Appreciate the offer, keep us in mind if you swing this way again."

The man leans towards the screen and it blinks off, returning to the default screen for the communicator.

lordgrimli
Strider
Strider

#47 Post by lordgrimli »

Lloyd nods, surprised at the quick goodbye. It was much harder to work as a trader when all the routes had to be negotiated rather than being preset before hand, something he was still getting used to in his new life.

Swiveling in his chair, he heads to the pilot's seat and starts running pre-flight checks. (I think most of the crew has expressed an interested to get going, apologies if I have missed anyone.)

For anyone not on the bridge, an announcement comes over the intercom. "Espino 8 seems to be fully stocked, so our course will be Ahiri unless anyone's got an objection. We're ready to go, expect lift off as soon as I get clearance."

(Do we need fuel for just traveling around the same system? My recollection is no, but please correct me. If we have no fuel in the tank, Lloyd fills it.)

Once the ship is ready for take off, Lloyd contacts tower control and gently pulls the ship up from its berth, setting a course for Ahiri.

Piloting (+1) (+1 dex) = (5 +5 +1) = (5+5) = 12

https://images.app.goo.gl/T6XvxhAidtwysefYA

Liaozhai
Scout
Scout

#48 Post by Liaozhai »

lordgrimli wrote:(Do we need fuel for just traveling around the same system? My recollection is no, but please correct me. If we have no fuel in the tank, Lloyd fills it.)
page 110 wrote:Normal intra-system maneuvering uses no significant amount of fuel
(I think we're good to go!)

Gerrin
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Gerrin »

The Persephone lifts lazily up off the pad, turns and begins its ascent away from Dion and out into the system proper.

Return to “Into the Unknown (Stars Without Numbers)”