Creating Goblin PC's:Adventure Style PC's

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Creating Goblin PC's:Adventure Style PC's

#61 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm just finishing up Biskins. He has a CON 14. What is the sellsword kit?
Do you need to take a kit?

The goblin weapons don't list bow, but we had them in the first game... We can still take one but just no proficiency?
Thanks.

Also, I found a 2e Complete List Of Non-Weapon Proficiencies online, so I shouldn't need to ask for any more descriptions.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#62 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I'm just finishing up Biskins. He has a CON 14. What is the sellsword kit?
Do you need to take a kit?

The goblin weapons don't list bow, but we had them in the first game... We can still take one but just no proficiency?
Thanks.

Also, I found a 2e Complete List Of Non-Weapon Proficiencies online, so I shouldn't need to ask for any more descriptions.
I think I posted the sellsword information on a prior page here for Rex, oh wait nope I posted it required a 12 Con. However the information is on the sellsword henchman. No you do not need to take a kit it is option look at them as they truly are they're a sub-class not required or needed just there so you are not all stuck with a basic fighter, cleric, or thief. If you take a weapon that you do not have a proficiency in there is a penalty to your hit rolls. Yes you can use the goblin weapons let me copy them over from the in game archive. I posted a complete list of the Non-Weapon Proficiencies in the house rules content as a pdf likely the same stuff you found.

Edit: correction the weapons are in the house rules still in the first post but here they are copied.

Additional Weapons Allowed: For Goblins
Stone Dagger: Wt. 1, Size: Small, Type: Piercing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d3/1d2
Bone Dagger: Wt. 1, Size: Small, Type: Piercing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d2/1d2
Stone Arrow, Flight: Wt. 1/10, Size: Medium, Type: Piercing, Speed: -, Dmg: 1d4/1d4
Bone Knife: Wt. 1/2, Size: Small, Type: Piercing/Slashing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d2/1d2
Stone Knife: Wt. 1/2, Size: Small, Type: Piercing/Slashing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d2/1d2
Stone Spear: 1-Handed Wt. 5, Size: Medium, Type: Piercing, Speed: 6, Dmg: 1d4/1d6
Stone Spear: 2-Handed Wt. 5, Size: Medium, Type: Piercing, Speed: 6, Dmg: 1d6/2d4
Bone Club: 1-Handed Wt. 3, Size: Medium, Type: Bludgeoning, Speed: 4, Dmg: 1d6-1/1d3-1

Bone
Bone weapons do -2 damage (with a minimum of 1). If used to attack someone wearing metal armour, they are at -2 to hit. If used to attack someone wearing other armour (such as leather), they are at -1 to hit.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The Complete Book of Non-Weapon Proficencies: https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/ ... 031415.pdf
It has all the descriptions, too.

GreyWolfVT

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:The Complete Book of Non-Weapon Proficencies: https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/ ... 031415.pdf
It has all the descriptions, too.
Ok yeah I did find that one as well same person did the complete magic items as well i recognize their cover work ;) I believe it was all compiled from various sources by someone not necessarily "official" but I will accept anything you use from it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm having difficulty remembering the Priest/Shaman spheres allowed. Can you give me a quick reminder, please?

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I'm having difficulty remembering the Priest/Shaman spheres allowed. Can you give me a quick reminder, please?
Yes here you are Rusty.

Sphere info for Shaman from Complete Book of Humanoids
shaman magical info.JPG
shaman magical info.JPG (33.2 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Specialty Priest Sphere info from PHB
specialty priest from 2e phb.JPG
specialty priest from 2e phb.JPG (36.79 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
So essentially it all comes down to who your deity is and what spheres they have access/influence over.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Thanks. So it hasn't changed from the initial module then. I'll remember to make a note of it on his character sheet.

Edit:
Goblin Shaman
A goblin shaman has access to the following spheres: All, Charm, Combat, Divination, Elemental-Air, Elemental-Earth, Guardian, Healing, and Protection (for DMs using the Tome of Magic [TSR#2121], they gain access to the optional spheres of War and Wards, as well)
So just choose three of those?

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes and if you want to add the tome of magic spheres listed I'll allow it as I believe i have a copy somewhere in my google drive.

Here is a clip of the spells in the War & Ward Spehers from the ToM.
Attachments
War and Ward Spheres.JPG
War and Ward Spheres.JPG (30.81 KiB) Viewed 3052 times

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by shaidar »

I thought there was a short list (4 IIRC) of spheres listed under the goblin section in the complete book of humanoids, that's what I ended up selecting them from originally. If we are extending the available list of sphere then do I have the option of changing mine?

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:I thought there was a short list (4 IIRC) of spheres listed under the goblin section in the complete book of humanoids, that's what I ended up selecting them from originally. If we are extending the available list of sphere then do I have the option of changing mine?
I almost think the original was from the true module we were running the clipped information above came from the humanoids book for "shaman" kit/sub-class, then the specialty priest list was from the player's handbook, that war and ward sphere is right from the tome of magic (which was mentioned) in the PHB specialty priest sphere option/descriptions. I'll double check what it says for "goblin" race though and get back to you Rusty. But yes you can change them everyone playing a shaman, cleric, priest, or witch-doctor can have that same option.

Edit: This is the only mention under goblins as a race from the humanoids book for "Shaman" that i could locate.
Goblin Shaman.JPG
Goblin Shaman.JPG (13.4 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
The only exception I was going to add is allowing the War and Ward spheres as well as allowing you to use healing both normally and reversed. Sun sphere not going to budge on that one can only use it reversed.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by shaidar »

that's the bit I was thinking of, talk about confusing! :shock:

So summarising, we choose 3 spheres from the following:

Divination
Healing
Protection
Sun (reversed)
War
Ward

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:that's the bit I was thinking of, talk about confusing! :shock:

So summarising, we choose 3 spheres from the following:

Divination
Healing
Protection
Sun (reversed)
War
Ward
Yes it is a little confusing because the "class" has one list but there is also racial limitations to factor in. So yes the choices are as you listed. Some of the ward ones sound interesting. If you need to know what any of the spells do from War or Ward let me know and I can get you the information.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by shaidar »

cool,, now I just need to decide whether to swap Sun for something else, healing (for CLW), or maybe Wards.

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

the healing one I'm running just like any cleric you an heal or inflict all depends on what you wish to use it for.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by shaidar »

I think I'll swap Sun for Healing.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

shaidar wrote:...we choose 3 spheres from the following:

Divination
Healing
Protection
Sun (reversed)
War
Ward
Looking at material components, will you be making adjustments to those? Or is it likely/possible our goblins will ever have a "gem-inlaid sticks, dragon bones, or similar tokens of at least 1,000 gp value" for an Augery spell? Or blessed vellum strips for Detect Poison? (Many seem to only require a holy symbol.)

Is Protection from Evil still "from Evil" for goblins? It makes sense to me that it would be (there are a lot of evil creatures in a goblin's life), but I thought you might change it to "Protection from good."

I would love to see the spell descriptions for War and Ward.

So far, I am thinking of taking Healing and Divination, with Sun or Protection as the third, depending on what Ward and War look like. What did the other casters choose?

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

most likely not to find those types of components so far i have no plan to change material components. As goblins it would be protection from good.

Any specific spell you want to see for War or Ward?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by shaidar »

ooh, I best go and check material components on spells, I might need to change some up.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:ooh, I best go and check material components on spells, I might need to change some up.
I've never "alternated" spell components before but being level 2 you guys likely have some of the rare components to at least cast those spells 1-3 times at least that is my thoughts.

Here is the first level War and Ward spells

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 564&t=7788

Return to “The Reverse Dungeon (AD&D 2e)”