d20+luck bonus, d20-luck bonus.

Campaign ID: 682

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Bitter_Dice character creation Thread

#3 Post by drpete »

Hey BD!

Looks awesome so far. Since there's no magical healing, you can roll that d20 over again to get a new lucky roll.

Your other rolls tell me...

Your character is from Lankhmar, and has...

A magic scroll (if you are as thief or wizard). I'll work this out and let you know what you know about it

And...

A Major Foe - The PC has offended or otherwise angered a person or small group of some importance or power. This foe strives to foil the PC’s plans and impede his life whenever possible. Examples of a major foe include an entire family or clan, a mercantile guild, a street gang, an outlaw band, a city constable, a major bureaucrat, or similar enemies. These foes have the power to physically threaten the PC if necessary and are not above hiring others to do their dirty work. This foe can eventually be overcome, but a straight fight is likely to be lethal to the PC, requiring some thought, planning, and luck to thwart this doom permanently.

Any thoughts about that?

Next step is languages... you know high and low Lankhmarese.

There is no alignment, but you can pick one of the three thief "paths" that correspond to the different alignments in raw dcc.

I also need a d100 for an interesting item, and starting cash: 3d10

Bitter_Dice
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by Bitter_Dice »

One question before I begin, character concept-wise. I was thinking MC would be a swashbuckler/smuggler sort. Which class would be I be looking toward? Thief? Fighter?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by drpete »

Either could work... depends whether you want to be more focused on the duel part or the acrobatics, I guess?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by drpete »

Argh. My spell check changed the lucky roll # to d20. Please re do the d30 roll, and if you go with warrior, redo the d20+luck roll, since scroll is not really appropriate for warrior.

Bitter_Dice
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by Bitter_Dice »

I'm going with a fighter type then.

Re-roll for Luck Score
Luck Score: [1d30] = 20 Struck by Lightning: Reflex saving throws

(What do I do in lieu of a magic scroll?)

Major Foe: I was thinking maybe Illyos was taken into a pirate crew when he was still a child. The captain was a father figure but Illyros could not deal with the casual villainy and one day jumped ship. From there he has become a smuggler delivering contraband goods and people to wherever there is a coin. The captain and the crew see his defection as treason and all have sworn to visit their wrath on him.

Interesting Item: [1d100] = 5

Starting Cash: [5d12] = 28

d20+Luck Roll: [1d20] = 4

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by drpete »

Sounds good. Can we make the enemy a street gang rather than a pirate clan? Maybe more relevant to my guess about where the game will go that way...

In place of the scroll, you have (very appropriate) stash of 1d3×50 gold worth of stored goods hidden somewhere. Should you find a buyer, you can get cash for it. If desperate, you can move it for half

(So roll 1d3 to determine the value).

You also have a pair of ice serpent fur leggings.

You can pick a lucky weapon, which would get bonuses whenever your luck total is high enough. You need to name the weapon to get the bonus.

Also, if unarmored, you get double your agility bonus to AC, but no agility bonus for armor with armor check penalty more than -3.

Other than that, buy some equipment, and you're pretty good to go!

Bitter_Dice
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by Bitter_Dice »

drpete wrote:In place of the scroll, you have (very appropriate) stash of 1d3×50 gold worth of stored goods hidden somewhere. Should you find a buyer, you can get cash for it. If desperate, you can move it for half

(So roll 1d3 to determine the value).
roll: [1d3] = 3

Woot!

In keeping with his character, I want him to have a cutlass/scimitar. What damage would that do?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by drpete »

We can treat that mechanically like a long sword, but with more of a slash-y vibe for deeds of arms, etc.

Give a little thought to what kind of goods you've got (150 hp worth!) and where you would store them.

I've got a gang here, the Pimp Street Scuttlers, that might fit as the original "owners" of the goods, and your enemy... bravos and alley bashers. Not as romantic as pirates, maybe, but maybe you are hoping to leave to be a pirate,
rather than have already left, sort of Will Turner style?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by drpete »

We need, I think, hp rolls (d12+4 for Warrior), for you to buy equipment, and create a character sheet.

Do you still want a pirate gang to be your enemy, or are you good with my suggestion of a street gang? Do you have any feeling about what your stash of goods are? Perhaps a large quantity of... rugs?

Return to “DrPete's Lankhmar Game (DCC)”