Player Background

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Player Background

#1 Post by rredmond »

The Caverns of Quasqueton have been conquered. The former keep of Rogahn
the Fearless and Zelligar the Unknown has been cleared of its monstrous denizens and
its treasures looted. Your party has succeeded where countless others have failed and
perished. The villagers of the valley have hosted a celebration that has lasted for three
days. People of valley have descended on the village to see your victorious group and
surely to view the treasure that you have brought forth. A large caravan has delayed its
journey to join the throng.
But now the people of the valley are returning to their homes and the celebration
wanes. You have basked in the glory of your victory and soaked up the adulation of the
citizenry. Now some unanswered questions stir in your minds. What was the fate of
Rogahn and Zelligar? Why did they leave?
You know the pair built Quasqueton as their sanctuary and they were invaluable
in fending off the barbarian invasion. Despite their victory, the pair received only
suspicion. Did Rogahn and Zelligar only defend the valley to protect the treasure horde
in their secretive keep? Was it greed that motivated the fighter and wizard? And did
that very same greed drive them to raid barbarian stronghold? Those questions haunt
you now.
While perusing through the treasure horde, several journals recount the last days
of Quasqueton. In reading these you have discerned that Rogahn and Zelligar did plan
on raiding the homelands of the barbarian invaders. In the battle against the barbarian
horde, the wizard and fighter captured two barbarian chieftains. Clearly, certain
information was gained – perhaps even the location of a vast treasure hidden in the wild
northlands. You cannot be sure. But something led Rogahn and Zelligar away from
Quasqueton.
It has been almost 20 years since Rogahn and Zelligar disappeared on their quest.
Rumors spread through the valley that the group confronted the last barbarian chieftain
and his minions in a great battle. All were destroyed and the barbarians have never
returned. It is time to learn truth behind the disappearance of Rogahn and Zelligar. You
have decided to follow the path of the two adventurers. You must discover the legacy of
the Unknown.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Player Background

#2 Post by rredmond »

Pouring through as much of the journals as they could read, the party picked up pieces of Roghan and Zelligar's plans. They discovered a ruined city from ages past that were somehow connected with the barbarians. The journals showed that the Barbarian Chieftains were did not give up the information cheaply, and it seems extraordinary measures were used. But finally a location of this fabled city (and "wondrous riches") was extracted, and a general 'path' to the city was found. A nearby mountain pass, easily traveled by foot, but too treacherous for horses, led almost straight to the city within a week or two of travel. Not believing their luck, the party consulted the elders and those who call themselves "sages" in the village, but they have yielded nothing but wild stories about 20' tall hordes of giants and clusters of evil dark elves, among other things living in the mountain pass. The surety being that the pass was infrequently entered, but those adventurous enough to do so have never returned in living memory. But this is the path to the Legacy of the Unknown...

There is no one in the village willing to accompany you just for the adventure, mayhap you could pick up a hireling or two. But the villagers are willing to provide any normal equipment needed at no cost... your most recent adventuring seems to have benefitted them more financially than yourselves. But they are slowly getting back to their blue-collar lives, and the benefits of your 'celebrity' won't last much longer.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”