OOC Discussions

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Discussions

#21 Post by learjet22 »

Nope, just pray to whoever you feel like. Although it would be helpful if you could base your deity on an Olympian god or goddess (because then I'll be able to rule stuff easily) I'm a big fan of differing your spell selection based on your deity, and even your weapon/magic item selection. For example, you may be allowed to use piercing weapons if you follow Ares, but also you might be limited to offensive spells. Keep these things in mind when choosing a deity to base your deity off of.

Modric
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by Modric »

Sounds fair enough.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by learjet22 »

Alright, so I guess if you're set on playing a Cleric, go ahead and make a character with the form on the Character Sheet thread. Go ahead and decide what kind of god you want to follow, and make sure to include it in your character sheet. I'll tell you what kind of spells and weapons you get.

Modric
Guide
Guide

#24 Post by Modric »

Got it.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by Rotten »

I'll finish up my character this weekend.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by learjet22 »

No problem. Just more time for me to flesh out the details of the map some more. I can tell you some details about it if you'd like.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Rotten »

Did Scotty have any luck with his pick pocket attempt? I figured he would have a bonus chance in the confusion.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by learjet22 »

Oh, I thought you would roll for that, but I can if you want. And sure, he can have a 5% bonus for confusion, and another 5% bonus if you make a tumbling roll. (It's easier to do something stealthy like that when you can fake-fall from crashing into the guy.) So roll two percent rolls.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by Rotten »

learjet22 wrote:Oh, I thought you would roll for that, but I can if you want. And sure, he can have a 5% bonus for confusion, and another 5% bonus if you make a tumbling roll. (It's easier to do something stealthy like that when you can fake-fall from crashing into the guy.) So roll two percent rolls.

I rolled and edited them into my IC post.

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by learjet22 »

Edited into my most recent post as well. Good roll with the six, by the way. It allowed you to get more than you might have if you rolled a 38 or so.

Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by Rotten »

On skill rolls, does want to roll high or low?

I know its low for thief skills, but your system is new to me.

Yeah, that 6 was awesome. :)

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by learjet22 »

You want to roll low. It's fine, and new systems are always fun. You should've saved that 6 for one of your skill rolls, as that would've gotten you an experience point for sure.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by NJWilliam »

PM sent re: info needed for Ruarc's interaction with King.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by learjet22 »

Got and responded to PM. Ruarc can talk to the king through the Rhapsody in Blood thread if he wants.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by NJWilliam »

I'm posting to request some clarification re: house rules that are in play. I made the assumption that it was 1E with some changes from 2E which were posted, but it seems there may be more than that in play.

I'm asking because it's affecting how I play and what information I post about what my character is doing, what weapons he keeps ready, how he's using his senses, etc.

For instance, it appears that the past two encounters, the party - which should only be surprised 1 in 10 at most - was surprised both times, or was subject to automatic loss of initiative and the opponents started at, or very close too, melee range.

Since we have some missile users in the party (my character included), detail on range modifiers, rate of fire, indoor and out, would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by learjet22 »

Hm, I see your point. I admit the party would've been able to shoot missile weapons had they wished to against the spiders, but they attempted to avoid them at first. Then the spider jumped down from a place of concealment, so that added a bit to it, and furthermore, you gained a counterattack, killing the spider. As for the other pixie-like creature, there was a reason it gained surprise on you. I apologize if the random encounter fights are a bit too rough around the edges. I prefer to have those move a bit faster, and make more whim-of-the-moment decisions because they aren't major plot points. If you would like that changed, I can make them more technical, but I feel that it saves time, and with a PbP game, every slight rule adjustment could take days to resolve. As long as we're all having fun, which I am. It's just a game, after all!

Return to “The Secrets of Anollia - AD&D 1E/2D Homebrew”