Action Thread 7

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 7

#141 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Upon hearing the ranger's voice from the tunnel, she gently tries to coax the floating head through the hole. If that works, she will follow it.

If not, she'll see if she can move it in any direction, or if it maintains a position in relation to the cleric.
The head resists moving more than 10' from Zafalia, though it seems to maintain an orientation between Zafalia and the mouth. She goes closer, the head goes closer. As she moves toward the wall, you can move the head through the hole.

Close up, on the non-face side of the wall, the ranger sees that this head would indeed fit inside that indentation on top of the opening.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger starts slightly at the emergence of the stone idol. Calling out to the Halfling Priestess, he asks: Can you get it to right itself in that space, not immediately realizing Zafalia can't see to where he has reference to. He will try to gently nudge the head into place with the butt of his spear.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Argennian »

"Why does it stay close to and follow me and not the others?" the druidess asks to no one in particular, furrowing her brow in consideration and still wondering if the floating stone head has anything to do with their missing companion, Malak.

Seeing that it does not want to move forward through the mouth without her, Zafalia will proceed up to or even through the mouth in order for her companions to position it into the indentation found.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#144 Post by Solinor »

In his usual shaken voice Wulfgard says to Zafalia Perhaps it has an affinity for you, as you are an earth, wood, and stream worshipper.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:25 p

As the ranger prompts the head into the indentation, he finds he has to apply some force of the spear to get it right.

As folks are gathering and coming through the mouth, or waiting to come through, Son of Thunder finally gets the floating head into the indentation where it fits.

There is a bright flash of light, and phoom, almost as if all the air and sound are sucked from the area. Everyone is blinded by the light for a few seconds. Everyone but the ranger.

PM.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 10/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 2 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 22 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#146 Post by dmw71 »

While the fragile form is not seen, at least while the affects of blindness are being experienced, a weak, but familiar voice is heard. "Did the group survive without me?"

With that, the body of Malak fully colapses into arms of Son of Thunder.

ooc: :D
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Argennian »

Although temporarily blinded, once she hears her companion's familiar voice, Zafalia cries out, partlly in agitation, partly in relief, but mostly in relief. "Malak? Oh, you scoundrel, you! Where in the Oerth Mother have you been?!"

OOC: Ha, my suspicions were somewhat right! Welcome back, Dave! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#148 Post by saalaria »

Ha ha - I actually wasnt expecting that!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#149 Post by Vargr1105 »

ooc: me neither.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by tkrexx »

Malak! The Ranger tries to catch the slumping form of his friend. Bugbears' guts, you fool, what...How... I should beat your head against this stone wall you ...you...Take time, little friend, catch your breath. He casts his gaze about the group, suddenly realizing everyone else has been flash-blinded. Reaching for Zafalia's hand, Son of Thunder brings her to the voice she recognizes. Keep him from mischief, if just for a few moments Priestess, I'll keep watch while the flash wears off.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#151 Post by dmw71 »

Malak slowly begins to feel (what little) strength he originally had return. He rises to his feet, unassisted, and begins to loosen his tight muscles, stretching his arms out wide and twisting his torso. Fearing he looks foolish, he quickly moves his outstretched arms into a flexing pose. "That's right." he says.

"Glad to see you were able to survive without me... but I'm back now, so no need to worry."

"This way."
he says, as he leads the group deeper into the passage beyond the mouth opening (assuming there is somewhere to go).
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#152 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Lead on, Malak"

Rake follows.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger stands flabbergasted, watching what a moment ago was a helpless wreck of a man now stride boldly into the unknown. Hold one moment, you scallawag! I want to know how this came of you, so the rest of us need have no fear of becoming a floating stone head that creeps out our Priest. He glances to Wulfgard to see how this sudden transformation has affected him.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#154 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard stares in shock, mouth hanging open.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by rredmond »

methinks it's time for an overview map, and a new thread.

Please continue deliberations here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1240#p32467

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”