OOC Thread

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#81 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the slowness; I've been sick as a dog these past few days....a bug is making its way thru my family....first our 2 year old had it; then my wife; now me. My daughter gave me her stuffed hippo yesterday though; so I think that did the trick...I'm feeling much better today! :) Next update coming today/tonight.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by angelicdoctor »

Where do you live? Where ever it is, it must be close to us. We have the same or similar bug hitting the AD household lately. Thus far, I am the only one out of ten that has not yet shown signs of illness. I've had to stay home today from work in order to care for the family. You are in my prayers.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Vargr1105 »

Those damned flu super-bugs are everywhere. The "one family member contagions entire family" syndrome is becoming too common. :(

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#84 Post by Corsair »

Back in action! :D

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by max_vale »

Thanks for the kind wishes fellas; and to answer your question Angelic; I'm in Maryland; about halfway between Baltimore and D.C. If the news is too be believed; it would seem that pretty much the entire country is getting slammed by the flu. Best wishes to everyone out there who may be suffering/have a family member(s) suffering from the flu.....we're still dealing with it here.

Okay; next post coming up later today peoples!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by max_vale »

Next post up!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by max_vale »

Okay; next couple of posts up....starting Episode II. Everybody still doing good? I haven't heard form Wargrunte in a long time; you still out there amigo?

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by angelicdoctor »

Two weeks notice!

As a part of my Lenten fast this year, I shall be abstaining from all things RPG including play-by-posts. Lent this year begins on February 13th. Please feel free to NPC La'Reth in my absence between 2/13 and 3/31.

Many thanks, max_vale and company.

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#89 Post by Corsair »

Are we clear about the location of things?

max_vale wrote
the staircase can be utilized to reach a suspended catwalk which opens onto a powered up computer work-station
That leads me to believe that we need to climb the ladder in order to reach the workstation. Caius, reading your posts gives me the impression that you think the workstation is in front of us. We're being hasty because in front of us is a ladder the the catwalk where the terminal is, and below us is a raging engine fire.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by max_vale »

The description in the module is a bit strangely worded (and there's no picture/map/diagram); but the text for the GM makes it clear that the stairway leads down to a catwalk with a stand-alone computer terminal and a door to a hallway; this catwalk is still above the raging flames though; if it help! :)

Also; Climbing is a skill that falls under Strength (STR being an attribute that also covers athletic-type activity in addition to raw 'power' skills).

If this changes anyone's declared actions; please let me know soon; otherwise I'll have the next post up in a bit.

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#91 Post by Corsair »

Ah, DOWN the ladder to the platform! Well then, my bad.

Also, edited to reroll for Strength as opposed to Dex.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by angelicdoctor »

Just a quick note. I shall be unavailable this weekend. Am going on a spiritual retreat.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by max_vale »

Angelic: I hope your retreat went/is going well.....

Everybody: Next post coming up tomorrow...hopefully, I'll figure out how to use my wife's scanner for some graphics to put up.

Quick question: In many of the early Star Wars modules (such as this one); a "cut-away" theme was used for several "off camera" scenes to be read to the players at certain parts in the adventure; even though the characters would have no in-game way of knowing these scenes were happening. There are several of these scenes in this module; the first of which is up for me to read at this point in the adventure. Personally; I think this mechanic is....okay.....on the one hand; it makes absolutely no sense as it provides meta-game knowledge for the PCs that they would never otherwise know. On the other hand....the 1st Edition of the game was made with this kind of mechanic being an understood part of the game. (In case anyone's curious; they pretty much dropped this mechanic in 2nd Edition)

My question to the group is this: Do you all want me to provide these 'cut scenes' or not? I'm cool either way; I just thought I'd poll you guys to get the general consensus.

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by angelicdoctor »

It was a very successful retreat and a very restful one as well, thank you.

I would not be opposed to using this mechanic in order to get the most out of the 1st edition experience.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Vargr1105 »

I am all up for cutscenes as well.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by max_vale »

Okay....lots added today. The PDF scans in the new Attachment thread; the first cut-away scene in a new Cut-Scenes Thread; and the most recent update to the main adventure thread.

If anybody is confused or has any questions about the current situation, please let me know. Also; as it appears that WarGrunte has left this site....or at least this game...please don't be too shocked if Zeke should meet his end before too much longer......I'd rather not run MORE NPCs than I have too! :)

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#97 Post by Corsair »

I'm fine with cut scenes, and with sacrificing anyone who we know isn't coming back, espcially if the buy us some time, or die in a horribly embarrassing way (GM's call. We once dressed a no-show dropout player character in bondage gear and sold him into slavery). 8-)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by max_vale »

Corsair: Wow....I'm not quite that harsh; but I don't think Zeke the smuggler-turned-rebel will be around too much longer....

Everybody: You guys would know (either by being a pilot/spacer like Terra and Caius; or having learned it in Alliance 'boot camp') that the Lambda shuttles have hyperdrives while the TIEs do not.

So.....is there any consensus on the next step? Taking Blissex's suggestion to head for the Control Core? If I get no more responses by tomorrow; I'll make the next post with the assumption that everybody's going along with this idea. Let me know if this isn't cool with you guys.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Vargr1105 »

Lord is fine with letting the tech guys lead the way. He will do the ass-kicking and name-taking along the way if need be.

Corsair
Scout
Scout

#100 Post by Corsair »

Control Core's fine with me, and I'll rethink Terra's position on stealing a TIE since it can't make the jump to hyperspace.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”