Session 0: Character Creation

Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Session 0: Character Creation

#141 Post by Faolan7 »

Oops. I meant monsters as in dragons and werewolves and the sort, but Magda would be included in this. Maybe since she was hidden from the public, the existence of monsters is a church secret.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Marullus »

I am afraid I still don't understand.

Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#143 Post by Faolan7 »

Oh, my apologies. Let me explain again then.

By monster, I meant your typical RPG monster, like dragons, trolls, goblins, and undead. I didn't mean monsters as in bad or wrong people. So, in your case, Isabelle isn't a monster as my post describes, because there I mean goblins and zombies, but the church still considers Isabelle a monster because she is "cursed" with witchery.

I hope that helps explain things. My tangent with Madga probably made it more confusing.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Marullus »

So, nobody has seen monsters for millennia?

Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#145 Post by Faolan7 »

That is correct.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

That's going to make Magda and Swelan real celebrities, as it were. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Marullus »

Poor Swelan, never even got to lift his sword, died in a house fire. :o Makes an interesting hook, though - who can summon lightening and simultaneously anger the Lord's of Vengeance that much?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#148 Post by coil23 »

I think I am following so far.

* Peitharian's goal should be: I will rescue any poor souls trapped below.
Saving these people is a must. It is what we are meant to do as part of the church. But maintaining the faith of the people is a crucial piece as well. As if the self-serving cynics inside the church weren't damaging enough, now this lightning strike and consuming fire of the church has been seen as all too allegorical by many of the populace. They wonder at our veracity, that even our gods may doubt as well. What the people need is not another empty gesture but rather a reaching out, a sacrifice to take care of its flock. This tragedy was placed in our path to offer us this chance. Let that reptile Eegolan Borgia take credit for it afterwards as he sits safe and comfortable in the vestry. But I will be the arm of the church out in the dark and save these people.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

What is the rule/feeling about 2 characters having the same goal? I can change Swelan's if Peith wants it. Keeping you all alive is a solid goal for the death knight anyhow. I'll try to make it pithier though.

Also, I see Marullus has a bunch of standard OBs listed on his character sheet, including feeding the group from fresh and preserved rations. What is the OB for feeding the group from carrion and blood?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#150 Post by coil23 »

Rather than editing my above post and likely causing confusion...

Hopefully my continued clumsiness with this system is not too distracting. Peitharian's goal instead will be:

I'll discover what happened to this House's clients.

The lightning strike and consuming fire has been seen as all too allegorical by the populace. We must reach out to show our continued commitment to the people. The people here may be in trouble and we must find out. We are still a beacon in the night.

This way there is not a duplicate regarding goals here. Also, rescuing poor souls seems especially appropriate for a paladin....even an undead abomination. :D

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by Enoch »

I think I'll take the same Goal: -I'll discover what happened to this House's clients. She's a tracker by nature, but this is pretty much what the Church set her to. I'll also be going with the Scout instinct.

I am working with my youth group this weekend and have limited Internet access, so I may not post much.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

So we can overlap goals? Cool. I want sure. Cool, why don't you stick with your initial goal and I'll switch mine to keeping you all alive. And not eating you. ;)

Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#153 Post by Faolan7 »

I've never seen anything saying you couldn't have the same goals, so yeah, you can overlap goals. It makes sense that members of the same group would share similar goals anyway.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by coil23 »

FYI, out of town from 26th until the 1st. Will try to maintain daily posts but no promises.

Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#155 Post by Faolan7 »

@Coil: No worries. Let me remind you that I initially asked for two posts a week.

Apologies for not posting on my part. Christmas was busier than normal.

Return to “The Torchbearers of Kroyia (Torchbearer)”