For those of you who are lurking...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

For those of you who are lurking...

#1 Post by Rukellian »

As you read through the content I am setting up for the Gurps game, a lot of the terminology used may be 'greek' to you. I plan on explaining most of everything in due time, just sort of putting things up when I can. There will be organization... eventually; and with that, a step-by-step example of a character being made using the various threads I have under the Character Creation Subfolder.

This game is being remade into the official sequel to my Rebirth of Power superhero/villain game.

The basic premise of this game is simple. Dive into a world full of supers with a character of your complete design. Anything is possible in terms of character creation, and I guarantee you that there is a feature in Gurps for every hero or villain concept you might think up in your head.

They system look a bit too crunchy for you? Concerned that you will be bogged down with complicated game mechanics? No problem! So am I. With that said, here is what I'll do, I will provide everything as it is written in the book, then sit down with each interested player and go over what kind of character they want to make, how to simplify certain game mechanics so that it is easy to understand and use, stuff like that. I will personally walk each player through the character creation process if I have to and given them the nutshell versions of each answer they may seek, whether it be confusion over how an advantage works, or how to perform ranged combat with firearms.

For those who want the very best character, using the 250 starting character points given, the rules will be there, assuming they don't mind the crunchiness and sheer volume of information. But the rules are not set in stone either, I can simplify many things later on, for myself and for other players when problems arise. A lot of everything posted will be optional. Nothing is forced onto you through random dice rolls when making your character. You can pick and choose what you want and decide to ignore the rest, completely fine.

For those who are interested in signing up for this game, feel free to send a PM my way and I will put you on the active group member list. Naturally, all previous members of my Rebirth of Power game has first dibs if they wish to revisit this world ;)

-Ruke
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Gurps SAO: Genius swordsman0351's Arc”