Interlude 4: Reunions!

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interlude 4: Reunions!

#81 Post by sulldawga »

Zim wants to go back in as soon as the injured are healed.

Just want to remind you guys that I'm not participating in decisions like which entrance to use due to my previous in-game experience with the top level of Dwimmer.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Zorroroaster »

You're just like this kobold! Get him!! :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by sulldawga »

After we clear the first level, remind me to tell you guys the story of how my first excursion to Dwimmer went. I can only say that it ended with my PC getting killed just as he emerged from the dungeon and his lifeless body falling down the entire set of stairs.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

Quinn meditates on what the kobold reveals. Spiders like sisters? Implies that the chief kobold is perhaps carving them too or sustaining them in some way. Quinn likes the beetle idea of Torgyr's.

Can we play one side vs the other? Orcs lair inside too. What can we negotiate from the orcs if we get rid of the kobolds. (10gp value of gems each kob, 20 for the spiders and 100 for the chief?)

Quinn will ask Solaine, " pardon me for asking but are you able to converse in low Thulian or beastial tongue at all?" He is asking because your warmask that you had worn was similar to those commanders that ruled in beastmen' army wore and he wonders if wearing it and speaking LT or beasty will help us 'command' beasts? Apemen?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by kalstone »

Solaine replies, "Unfortunately, I speak neither of those tongues. It's possible, I suppose, that the mask may grant the ability to speak them." She tries to speak a few words in those languages. Then she tries to command Ranulf to do something harmless, yet embarrassing.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Stirling »

:roll: he might just do it to embarrass you!

Do we have any of the other war masks? If so, Quinn will offer to experiment. As a suggestion he would like to put one on and being a speaker of both languages will tell Nilus the beastman Ape creature to go fetch us some logs for the tower building.

Of course this could go horribly wrong as the Thulian army were a bit chaotic and Termaxian weren't they.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Dogma »

I thought Ranulf had kept one of the mask too but I'll need to go back through the posts to verify.

"I can speak Bestial. Give me that thing and let me have a go." Ranulf takes the mask, puts it on, and says a few words in bestial.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by drpete »

There are six of those masks sitting around. Quinn, Ranulf and Solaine want to put them on and order each other around, in Common and Bestial, right? Also, Quinn wants to go (alone?) to Nilus and order him to do... what, now?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Zorroroaster »

This scene has "Here, hold my beer," written ALL over it. :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by sulldawga »

Zorroroaster wrote:This scene has "Here, hold my beer," written ALL over it. :lol:
Be quiet! Don't dissuade him.

Now, is there any chance that Zim might be back in time to witness Quinn talking to Nilus? You know, from a safe distance.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by drpete »

The mask 'Bros' put on the monster masks and order each other around:

"Ranulf, get fetch me a block..."

"Solaine, hop on one leg..."

"Quinn, stand at attention!"

Though it's a fun experiment, nobody feels what you might call 'compelled' to do anything, either when speaking in Common or in Bestial.

Note: Old Thulian is basically common, though it's got a bunch of ye's and thee's and such. Old Thulian is basically Ye Olde English

So who wants to go with Quinn, or is he really going alone to do this...?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by thirdkingdom »

Plud the Panivorous

"Sorry dude", says Plud to Quinn, pointing at his bandages, "I've got to rest. Knock yourself out, though."

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#94 Post by Dogma »

Mildly disappointed by the lack of....well, anything happening with the masks, Ranulf removes his. "I don't think we should test these on Nilus. Chances are they wont do anything other than piss him off and we're just starting to get on big and hairy's good side. Hate all those piggies we sent him to go to waste."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Stirling »

Quinn Coburg

"Well, it sounded a good idea, guess we don't have enough beast-blood in us. Maybe wiser to try it first on an orc or Ratman instead."

Stuffing the mask in his pack to use later, Quinn will take his place guarding the rear of the group when we leave.

Dwarven door or Dwimmer door?

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by bobloblah »

"Based on the maps Torgyr has made thus far, I would suggest the Dwimmer-door. We will at least know where we are going when we are killed." Brother Galen says, humorlessly,"Now, let me get back to those under my care..."

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”