Additional way to roll

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
TecnoLord
Squire
Squire

Additional way to roll

#1 Post by TecnoLord »

Hi,
currently you need to add a macro for every roll. I think it would be handy if one can roll without a macro and still have the diceroll added in the database.
See the response from a DM here. http://pbphouse.com/forum/index.php?top ... #msg131484

"It didn't work well for me as a DM/GM though, as having to set up macros for every variant roll needed, seemed a big waste of time."
--offcourse this is not intended as personal.--

I like the unseen servant much better then the invisible castle, because i can create macro's. i never realised that a DM would find it awkward to create macros when he has to create a large set. I just never ran into that particular problem.

btw. the donate button doesn't work. when you click on it an error pops up:
PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Additional way to roll

#2 Post by ToniXX »

Thanks for your input. Yes, I admit it can be cumbersome for a DM who needs to set up a lot of rolls. The player, on the other hand, has it considerably easier... you only need a few rolls for your weapons, and maybe one or two for spells, etc.

Let me see what I can cook up here in regards to your request.

And I'll check the donate button as well. Thanks again!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by ToniXX »

I've added a feature that allows you to roll without making a macro first. I call it 'Roll on-the-fly' and it appears at the bottom of the 'Roll the Dice' screen. You can select one of your characters from the pulldown, but you don't have to. The roll is entered into the database like any other roll.

I hope this will be useful. Please provide feedback when you get a chance, and thanks again for the suggestion.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

TecnoLord
Squire
Squire

#4 Post by TecnoLord »

The new additional way to add a dice roll is great!
Thanks!

Return to “Suggestions”