(CLOSED) To Find a Wizard

Antman9

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: To Find a Wizard

#282 Post by Dram »

Brodie Vonpoopin - Kobold Sorcerer 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 6)
Actions-
Cast the spell "Dancing Light"

I'z willz castz mize zlightz agianz. Itz workss lastz timez. Brodie moves where he can get a view of the spiders approaching.

Initiative [1d10] = 9
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

stephberg
Scout
Scout

#283 Post by stephberg »

[Zee - Rogue - lvl 0] (hp: 9/10) (AC: 14)
Actions: Shiny!

Still ignoring the oncoming spiders, Zee pulls Fen from his pocket and whispers "Lux". Fen begins to glow and rises above Zee, illuminating the interior of the space not hit by sunlight. Zee walks to the nearest wall unintentionally placing Crow between himself and the door, the sound from his bow distant, and far off. He uses Fen's light to examine his new find, turning it about in his hand, trying it on each finger.

Initiative [1d10] = 1
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by Antman9 »

[Xirtan – Kobold Magic User 1] (SP: 10/17) (HP: 14/14) (AC: 10)
Actions: Runs for the door

Having thwarted the spiders to a certain degree, Xirtan runs for the doorway of the Wizard tower, his little lizard-like tail waving back and forth in the air like a flyswatter. Once inside he will ignite a small ball of white light, lighting up a 20' radius around him, and begins to search the floor for nefarious or otherwise hazardous things.

Initiative [1d10] = 9
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#285 Post by Antman9 »

[Small Monstrous Spiders (3)] (HD: 1) (AC: 12) (Speed: 3, Climb 2) (Size: 2')
Actions: Attack!

The Monstrous Spiders attempt to escape the clutches of their own web, and then sprint and bound toward the tower, their mandibles clacking and gnashing for the soft flesh of their prey.

Charge
Movement x 1.5
Tactical Run = 2 x Rate x 10’
Total Rate: 3 x 1.5 x 10' x 2 = 90'

Spider 1
Escape Entanglement DEX-DC [3d6+4] = 7+4 = 11
Initiative [1d6] = 4, Bite [1d20-2] = 15-2 = 13, Damage [1d4] = 1 + Poison
Paralyze [1d3] = 3 rounds

Spider 2
Escape Entanglement DEX-DC [3d6+4] = 11+4 = 15
Initiative [1d6] = 5, Bite [1d20-2] = 14-2 = 12, Damage [1d4] = 4 + Poison
Paralyze [1d3] = 3 rounds

Spider 3
Deceased, dead, muerto, mortuum, no longer with us...

Poison
A Monstrous Spider’s bite has two effects. In the initial round the victim makes a CON-DC or is paralyzed for 1d3 rounds. During the subsequent 3 rounds victims incur 1d3 HP's of poison damage. A successful CON-DC results in half damage.

CON-DC: 10
1d3 HP per round for the next 3 rounds (rounds 2-4 after the bite)
Save = 1/2 damage

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#286 Post by Antman9 »

Summary: Spiders Attack!

Zee darts through the open doorway past Crow and asks Fen to light the area so he can inspect his new prize. Mumblle, hot on Zee’s heels and with super Gnome-like agility, dives past Crow’s knees, tucks, rolls, and comes up on his feet facing the doorway, knife in hand, and ready for anything. Zee a few feet away, lit by the fiery glow of Fen inspects the ring, still attached to its skeleton finger and covered in web. To Zee’s surprise it is a signet ring with the initials Z.R.

Laffy flies through a moment later shouting, "Close the doors, and be quick about it." Crow hears but does not obey immediately. Knocking a quick arrow, Crow fires past Brdies and Xirtan to try and slow the advancing spiders. His arrow goes wide. The Monstrous Spiders free themselves and immediately charge the party, sprinting and bounding with amazing agility and speed. They close the distance, quick on the heels of Brodie and Xirtan. The two Kobolds dart through the opening together. Xirtan sets a magical light to the tip of his knife and sets about checking the interior while Brodie prepares to cast Dancing Lights on the lead Spider when he realizes he has already used it today. He stares at the incoming Spiders with a blank look in his lizard-like eyes.

The Monstrous Spiders bound toward the entrance as Crow moves to shut them out. Xirtan walks around the room checking for any unsuspected nasties. Wandering toward the rear of the room he discovers a dark hole in the floor. Thrusting his knife-light through the broken oak planks of the floor reveals a dark smooth circular tube, roughly 7’ in diameter, dropping out of sight. Meanwhile back at the entrance Crow slams the doors shut just as the lead spider slams face first into the exterior. A long wiry leg thrusts between the doors, probing the interior. The inside of the doors have rectangular wooden handles. A length of chain is piled near one side of the door, just outside of Crow’s reach.

Crow: Please make a Strength check next round.

Sorcerer Spellcasting
Sorcerers, unlike magic users, do not have a spell pool, but they are held to an archaic law which binds them, mentally, as well as molecularly, to casting any one spell once per day. Upon reaching 1st level a sorcerer is inducted into the archaic realm of sorcery by performing an initiation spell that binds them to the skill of sorcery at the molecular level.

At each level the sorcerer chooses a specific set of spells for which they may use. Unlike the magic-user, the sorcerer does not have to memorize a spell to use it. They already know the nuances of the spell and can cast the spell without the use of somatic, or material components. Only the verbal components are required, and even then it is not required. Even when silenced, the sorcerer can still cast his spell by simply focusing on the incantations and reciting it in their mind.

Zero-Level Spells
Every character who wishes to become a sorcerer chooses three 0-level spells upon character creation. These spells then become innate abilities/skill which the character can use once per day. If the effects of the spell chosen have a per-level attribute for casting that spell, these will still apply.
Tower: Level 1
Level_1.jpg
Level_1.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Hommlet of Gillian
Gillian_2.jpg
Gillian_2.jpg (379.75 KiB) Viewed 731 times
What you know so far
> Netheril received word of strange events and creatures about the town of Hommlet
> Netheril has lost contact with a fellow Wizard in the Hommlet of Gillian
> The wizard lives in a tower, the only tower, in Gillian.
> Trees suddenly sprung up on the Prairie following a loud horn sound on June 29th while in route to Gillian.
> The prairie seems to be filled with giant insects now.
> Giant Rock Spiders encountered in the vicinity of Gillian.

The Party:
Crow
Zee
Mumble
Brodie
Laffy
Xirtan

Other
n/a

The Bad Guys
(3) Small Monstrous Spiders
  • Spider 1, HP: 8/8
  • Spider 2, HP: 8/8
  • Spider 3, HP: Muerto!
Rate of Travel: Tactical (by Race)
~3 mi/hr (dirt path)

Actions!

Calendar:
8:11 am
June 30th, 9001

Sun Rise/Set: 6:37/8:24
Temp: 81.0 °F
Visibility: 10.0 Miles
Wind: 8.1 mph NW
Condition: Clear
Humidity: 79%
Moon Rise/Set: 9:30 am/10:38 pm
Moonlight: Waxing 10%
(2014-KFMY)

Translations
n/a

stephberg
Scout
Scout

#287 Post by stephberg »

[Zee - Rogue - lvl 0] (hp: 9/10) (AC: 14)
Actions: Zander Riverbend?!!!

""Z.R... Z.R... why does that sound familiar? Z.R. OH! That's me! Heehee. Zander Riverbend!" Zee exclaims this much louder than he should, nearly a full scream!
"But why is it here? I never had a ring like this?" Zee suddenly Gasps "Or did I? Maybe I did before...you know, before, and just don't remember... Xirtan! Did I have a ring?" Zee gasps again "Or maybe by some witchery, that's me! maybe I've been here before, lived this life before! Did I do something different? Xirtan, you... brought..." Zee looks around then whispers "You brought me back" then continues in a normal voice. "Is this my same body? did you put me in a New one? How could this be? I mean, I know you are powerful, but how could you do that? Where would you find a body, especially, a body that looks exactly like mine?" Zee gasps yet again. "OR do I only thing this is my body?"
Zee runs to Xirtan. "Please tell me! Tell me the truth! I can take it! Is that me out there?! Can you fix me?" Zee stares at Xirtan with an overly exaggerated expression of concern and wonder.
Then suddenly, Zee heads for Crow.
"CROW, Crow! WE have to get the rest of my parts! Come on, you can't just leave me there!"
Zee crowds in on Crow trying to get to the door.
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by MonkeyWrench »

[Crow - Human Assassin, lvl 0] (HP:10/10) (AC:13)
Action: This is why Kender's aren't wanted

Crow uses all of his strength to keep the door barred...

Crow STR(13): [3d6] = 13

Should the door remain barred with the spiders trying to force their way in Crow will give an agitated look at the Kender as he tries to force his way through the door. With a loud and very frustrated voice Crow lashes out at the Kender, "ZANDER! Do you not see I am busy here?! Either help me keep this door closed or get out of the way!!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#289 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mumble comes out of his ninja like pose and rushes over to try and help Zee gather his wits. "Zee what parts. You look whole." puzzled look an all on the gnomes face as he tries to understand Zee's ramblings. Finally Mumble just slaps Zee in the face "Zee shhh. Big spiders. You get a grip." then the gnome smiles at Zee and goes over to lend a hand to Crow trying to help get the door closed grabbing the length of chain and trying to help get the doors sealed shut.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Dram »

Brodie Vonpoopin - Kobold Sorcerer 0] (HP: 10/10) (AC: 6)
Actions-
Runs to the door to help crow.

Realizing the he had used his spell already. Pushes his way by Xirtan to help Crow keep the door shut. He looks at Zee like he has lost it. He swings at Zee to get away the door. Whatsz partz! Helpz uz getz the doorz shutz.! Somebodize grabzz himzz beforze heeze getz bitzz

OCC- I thought had just slept before we came into town. But is a mage thing. Sorcerers have wait 24hrs to gain the spell back?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by Nuke66 »

"Lock it, lock it tight with that chain." Laffy says as he reaches into himself and projects force to help keep the door closed.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”