Pitchforks Tavern (40)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Pitchforks Tavern (40)

#41 Post by Dram »

Grillock- Who is the head blacksmith? The boss. I do not think we have met him yet. Grillock looks around for anyone who looks like a boss.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#42 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fat, Ugly Barwench

You got something shoved in them pointy ears' a yours? I already told you that Timmy owns the place. He runs a highly successful business and needs lots of employees to keep his goods and services going out. Most of his guys are hard working folk that come in here quite a bit to relax or let off steam after a long, hard day at the forge or workbench.

Timmy does lose a guy now and then because they just can't keep up with his frantic pace but, to lose 3 guys in a couple of months? That's not just a coincidence if you ask me.

Yo do not see the tall, good looking, bald man anywhere in the establishment at the moment.

to refresh your memory
viewtopic.php?f=243&t=4485#p200975

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo parts ways and thanks the merchants for the drink and conversation "Well friends glad to have met you and if we should meet again I'd enjoy the company once more. Good eve sirs." the mage bows as he leaves the table and heads back to his room at the Weary Traveler.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Dram »

Grillock- sees that Odilo is leaving. Ah yes I have been told that. Excuse me my friend is seems to have had enough of this place. We shall be leaving. With all these disappearances happening, I do not want him traveling alone.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dram wrote: With all these disappearances happening, I do not want him traveling alone.
Fat, Ugly Barwench

That is a VERY good idea friend!
Do come back and see us again sometime, wont you?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Grognardsw »

Orando, elf

Orando bids good night to Odilo and Grillock. Over the course of the night he continues to make small talk with locals, blacksmiths and out-of-towners to gather any possible tidbits of information. He will keep an eye and ear open for Timmy or Mukluk.

If Orando can determine high-value targets, he will subtly watch them. At some point, the elf will go the bathroom and cast Moldvay's Mantle of Stealth to invisibly eavesdrop then follow the person (preferably Timmy) home. At the most opportune time he'll cast Cook's Cerebral Consonance to overhear thoughts.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Too strong? Well it has some unusual ingredients. This what the brewer sent ya? You didn't mix it with something else?"

After the response, "Is this a quiet night? I'd heard this was a rowdy place, but things seem fairly calm tonight."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#48 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Epi
"Too strong? Well it has some unusual ingredients. This what the brewer sent ya? You didn't mix it with something else?"

For a split second, Pitchfork gets a very uncomfortable look on his face. He quickly shakes it off and responds. Oh, no. You must have got a dirty mug! We don't mix anything in the drinks here. Let me get you another tankard full, on the house of course. If you let him, he takes the mug from you and dumps the contents out. He thoroughly washes it right in front of you. He then fills it from one of the large kegs that line the back bar.

Here you go miss! Sorry for the mix-up. So, what are you anyway, a druid or something?

"Is this a quiet night? I'd heard this was a rowdy place, but things seem fairly calm tonight."

Why yes, this is a rather slow night for us. Come back tomorrow and I promise the place will be jumping.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Over the course of the night he continues to make small talk with locals, blacksmiths and out-of-towners to gather any possible tidbits of information. He will keep an eye and ear open for Timmy or Mukluk.

Orando finds the place to be quite welcoming actually and he only gets a few quizzical looks throughout the evening. Most of the information he hears from the others is the same old things that he has heard in town before.

After a while he sees a bald guy walk in with an extremely attractive female on his arm. By the way the rest of the patrons react to this couple, Orando surmises quickly that this must be Timmy. The couple hangs out with one of the larger groups in the place and, after a few drinks, Timmy eventually excuses himself and heads for the back door on his way to the outhouse. A short while later, the hot female also leaves out the back door.

We can address the rest of this scenario in your private thread Bill. Thanks.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by Cauchy »

Epi

"Let's just say I'm a mysterious stranger and leave it at that. Perhaps another night then." Epi leaves her drink untasted and heads back to the inn.

Return to “Can You Help A Brother Out? (1E)”