[Completed] - Valorei/Elves II - 2 April, 1 VC

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Valorei/Elves II - 2 April, 1 VC

#221 Post by Keehnelf »

Let me know whether the plan is to rest just until dark, or until the following morning!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Marullus »

To be fair, Valorei was explicit that only he and Dorvar were making the sled... Couldn't the others (including all spell casters) have gotten four hours of rest along with the horse while waiting for dawn? Then we could be underway?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Keehnelf »

Motion carried: only Dorvar, Valorei and Baxtaw are at -1 and with no spells.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm perfectly fine with that.

Valorei speaks up, "While the those of us that built the sleds have not had any decent rest I believe everyone has rested enough to be useable in a fight yes? I believe we should continue on, the more time we spend out in this wilderness with Olympia's... body, the more predators and scavengers we'll attract..."

everyone good to go?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Marullus »

Seeing that neither the body, the horse, or any cargo are being left in the wilderness, Nihilius simply nods his assent.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#226 Post by Scott308 »

What, Dorvar is out of spells? He didn't even cast any! :D

Dorvar will nod his head wearily. I'll be tired, but I should still be useful in a fight- unless we encounter more of those giant flies. For some reason I was unable to do anything against them. The important thing is that our casters have regained healing and offensive magics, so we can begin travelling back to Vaul.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Keehnelf »

April 15, 1 VC - 10:00pm

The party, wear and demoralized from the loss of the mighty Olympia, resumes its long march back to Vaul across the moors. The sled with the cleric's body and the injuries to Mustard slow the party down, but they are able to continue making progress. Things are slowed and made even more unpleasant by the increased intensity of the powerful wind that had begun to assail them from the east as they left the forest. Thankful that it is at their backs, the party nonetheless has a few close calls as individuals are blown to the ground unexpectedly, or are hit by debris flying loose from nearby trees as they pass.

After four long, difficult days, the party finally slumps through the gates of Vaul after dark, happy to have returned with the now-slightly-festering corpse of their friend.

Please deduct four days' rations apiece. If Harold has been healing the injured, everyone is at full health apart from Mustard, who is still at 0 HP.

I will post a rewards summary in a bit.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Keehnelf »

Rewards and Treasure:

Discovered the statue of the elf-boy
Discovered the ancient garden
Found sign of the griffon bluffs
Found the griffon's nest
Killed a troll
Befriended the griffon
Defeated 6 giant killer flies

Recovered 600gp in silver coins

XP Total: 2124

Divided among 8 survivors: 266xp each before bonus.

Feel free to discuss loot distribution in the LOOT thread, and any other business in Town Business or the Tavern! This thread is now officially closed.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”