Special Announcement

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Special Announcement

#1 Post by Rukellian »

For those who are still with me, I'd like to make an announcement. I am currently in the process of wrapping up both of my games on this forum. My fantasy one, Fabricator of Planes, and my superhero/villian one Rebirth of Power. However, I am not done with them, at least not when it comes to story plot. These games were my testing grounds, to see what rule systems worked best for me. I have thoroughly tested each one, but for the players' sake, especially those who hopped in at later dates, I don't want to end it all just yet.

Here is what I am proposing. I am currently learning a new game system on the side right now that offers a fantastic level of character building customization, much like BRP for those who are familiar with Tooley's campaign Silverymoon. It's called GURPS and I'm currently using 4th edition. When I finish each of my games at a certain point, I will archive them as completed and start setting up a new one using the GURPS rule system. In this system, you can choose to build your character in terms of stats, abilities, skills, and even slap on some disadvantages and weaknesses if you prefer. It's all points based and no dice rolls are needed. Lot's of min and maxing, might not be for everyone. But for those who cannot resist the invitation to build a character exactly the way they imagined it, this new game of mine might be for you.

Those in my fantasy game, Fabricator of Planes, can convert their characters over while maintaining their stats and proficiencies and equipment. The story will be picking up after the events of the Fabricator of Planes and will interact with my Rebirth of Power game in a unique way. Some character creation flexibility will be allowed, giving players the opportunity to further develop their characters the way they originally intended them to be.

Those in my Rebirth of Power game can convert their characters as well over to the new game too with relative ease. The story will be picking up after the Green Storm incident and the reprecussions that follows, allowing the group of supers to interact with the heroes of Fabricator of Planes in a unique way. With the GURPS system, you will all be able to create your supers the way you originally imagined them, not being forced to settle for random power rolls, it will be the ultimate character creation process where 4C failed.

This is a lot to spring on to you guys at once, but its not a forced decision either. If none of you care to try out or play the GURPS game system, I will carry on the respective games as they were using the previous characters and rule systems in place. It will just take some time for me to get everything organized.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”