Rules Stuff

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Rules Stuff

#1 Post by rredmond »

Campaign ID is 269

Initiative is d6, rolled by first person to state actions in a round. The roll determines what segment (in a 10 segment round) your opponent attacks.

Casting time counts: In mêlee the segment spells take effect = Casting Time + Initiative Roll; if the character is kept out of melee then the spell takes effect on the segment of Casting Time.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rules Stuff

#2 Post by rredmond »

For our dual classed folks. Just to clarify some of the rules, as it is a difficult thing to pull off.
PHB wrote:In order to switch from one class to another, the character must have an ability score of 15 or more in the principal attribute(s) ability of the original class and a 17 or 18 in the principal attribute(s) of the class changed to. Note that nearly any combination of classes is thus possible, i.e. cleric 8 fighter, cleric & paladin, cleric & ranger, etc. Alignment will preclude some combinations.
Some of the classes have more than one principal attribute, please remember that. We don't have to worry about not "switching" between classes because, so far, both our humans with two classes have a higher level "new" class. But please be certain your HD/HPs are calculated properly. For example in Max's case, his HD were d8 until he made 7th level cleric, then he gains no more hit points until 8th level thief, then he gains d6 HPs. So for the last two levels he'd roll a d6 each time.
PHB wrote:At such time as the character has attained a level of experience in his or her new class which exceeds the character's former class level, the following benefits are gained:
1. A hit die appropriate to the new class is gained for each increase in level of experience, up to the maximum normal for the class in question (and thereafter hit points are likewise gained), and
2. The character may mix functions freely and still gain experience, although restrictions regarding armor, shield, and/or weapon apply with regard to operations particular to one or both classes.
So no metal armor for MUs or thieves while they are acting as an MU or Thief. I don't think we have any issues there, but wanted to clarify. Please hit me up if there are any questions.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1e)”