#121 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake speaks from the back.

"Fie! And I had just bathed nary two days ago."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 3

#122 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar eyes the waterfall warily and reflexively clutches her leather bag containing her travel spell book.

"Malak, Al'zur - has either of you examined the lock yet, to see if it may be sprung? I dare say climbing down stairs located within an active waterfall should not be our first option..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by tkrexx »

My mind is still with the arrow slit/keyhole. Along with the ladder & waterfall, something smells like a trap.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#124 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Malak, Al'zur - has either of you examined the lock yet, to see if it may be sprung?
"Nay. I just wondered if maybe it wasn't a keyhole at all." Malak begins making his way towards the topic of discussion. "I should take a look."

"Here, lemme see." he says as he nears the keyhole.

Malak will first study the same spot on the opposite wall. He previously wondered if maybe the hole isn't meant for a key and might be some sort of trap, perhaps one that fires off a dart or bolt of some kind. If so, something would have to trigger it, so he'll carefully inspect the floor looking for anything that appears out of the ordinary such as a concealed pressure plate. If his inspection of the floor and the opposite wall doesn't reveal anything, he will begin to focus his efforts on the hole itself, first taking steps to guarantee that the hole isn't trapped in some other way. If no traps are detected, and since it doesn't appear to actually be locking anything, he hopes to determine how it work or what it does. What size is the hole? He will peer into the hole to determine it's depth or see if there's anything inside it that might reveal something about it. Does it require an actual key, or could some other object be placed inside of it to potentially trigger it to do something?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Nuke66 »

"No, I have not." He approaches and quietly observes over the shoulder of Malek.

"Perhaps there is a key nearby?"

Al'zur starts to look in likely spots near the door and then fanning out. A crevice or nook, and even beneath a loose stone.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by saalaria »

Varkos moves to the back of the group to give the others room to make their inspections of the door and key hole. He will watch back up the passage, guarding the rear.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#127 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo keeps a eye out, double checking the waterfall for items of note, then wonders out loud "perhaps i could try and pick the lock..."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:55a

As the life of Zafalia's torch ends. Malak and Odo step up to inspect the keyhole, nodding at each other, it's a largish keyhole. That normally means easy pickins.

As Al'Zur makes his way up to help the ranger taps him to turn around.

PM sent.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Lantern - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 0 minutes (Zafalia), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by saalaria »

(Loud whisper so only the group will hear)"we got company!"
Varkos gets ready to fight.
Do we recognise the race of the figures? Do they look alive or rotting can we tell?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake gets his weapon ready.

"Where and how many?" he whispers back.

occ: well, at least we don't have to roll for surprise. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#131 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar, upon hearing the news from the ranger, turns to face the 'company'. She holds her quarter staff in her off-hand while the other reaches for a pinch of sand from a belt pouch. She brings forth the words of the Grim Quietus to her mind.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#132 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:"we got company!"
Varkos gets ready to fight.
"More?" he asks, thinking the group will be adding more members to its numbers... then realizes "company" in this instance translates into an immediate danger. He discontinues his interest in the keyhole for the time being and readies his short sword. "Where are they?" he asks.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder raises and pulls his bow. 4. There. Tho his senses tell him the new arrivals are enemies, he will not loose the arrow just yet...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by rredmond »

The beings cometh... in a new thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=659
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”