Session 17: After Angor and the Decision

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Session 17: After Angor and the Decision

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: This is the Topic for discussion for Session 17.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Locations: Kingdoms, Cities and Towns of the Central Veil

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

There have been many locations mentioned and a map will be upcoming. But here is a synopsis of several locations:

1. Great Veil: The name given to lands north of Caldaera and beyond the great mountain range called The White Veil. The White Veil Mountains begin just north of the existing map of Caldaera.

2. Central Veil: A large territory bounded by the White Veil to the south and the Nyr Dyv to the North, the Azur Ocean to the east and the Bostix Badlands to the west.

3. Silverton: A region of land in the Central Veil that is provided on many maps that you have in possession. It includes Ironthal, Loden, Angor and Rivermead. A loosely bound kingdom in name only.

4. Nyr Dyv: A huge inland sea north of the Central Veil. At its widest extent is almost 1500 miles wide and 750 miles across. It is a freshwater sea, vastly deep and the root of many cultures and fallen kingdoms.

5. Flahrim: An ancient kingdom along the southern coast of Nyr Dyv. Isok was a great lord of this realm 300+ years ago.

6. Angor: The southernmost outpost and battlement of the Kingdom of Flahrim, the seat of Isok.

7. Chardecun: A more recent duchy built upon the ruins of a more ancient kingdom on the Northern shores of the Nyr Dyv. It recently has been overthrown and refugees have been sent to all corners.

8. Rorinth: A large grassland plateau that makes up most of the north reach of Chardecun.

9. Rivermead: The small town near the lair of Tuxamet The Red.

10. Loden: A large town/small city that has been the base of your recent adventures.

11. Ironthal: The titular head city of the loosely bound region called Silverton. King Richard Beajuau claims the region as his fiefdom.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 17: After Angor and the Decision

#3 Post by Johnny Champion »

As with Locations, there are several individuals and groups that you have become aware. This a changing list that I will add to during the day.

The Evil:

1. Isok: Dead Lord Vampire

2. Krauss: Isok Vampire associate. Deceased.

3. Tuxamet: Red Dragon, Deceased.

4. Potromo: Conjurer of Ionna Feign: Released.

5. Jerrus Webb: Former Captain of the Guard. 10th Level Fighter. Whereabouts Unknown, Fled

6. Hamon Ruff: Assassin of Black Hand. Prisoner.

7. Atalya: Leader of Black Hand. Unknown.

The Good:

1. Arromar: Ranger and noble of Loden

2. Orin: Mayor of Loden, self proclaimed viscount

3. Ser John Reichard: Cleric of Telstoy, Wymore Temple

4. Fernon LaVough: Captain of the Guard, Loden

Organizations in Loden:

1. Silent Truth: Thieves Guild, Nihil, Loden

2. Black Hand: Evil Assassin Guild, Atalya, Loden

3. Temple of Wymore (Telstoy): Island Temple in Loden, Ser John Reichard Cleric, Bishop

4. Ironna Feign: Broken Mage Guild, Potromo

Others:

1. King Richard Beajeau: Count of Ironthal and King of Silverton

2. Ser Turgus Pheld: Captain of Knights of Ironthal

3. Daggardon: Ancient Copper Dragon, Lake Martin
Last edited by Johnny Champion on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Rhourk »

I think we need to head to Ironthal. They should have been more active in this whole Vampire thing. They used to provide protection to the region, but now that has stopped. Lets go there, see what needs to be rescued or expelled to kick start the Knights of Ironthal then we can think about what lies ahead knowing that we have well and truly un-fucked this place.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Map of Loden

#5 Post by Johnny Champion »

Map: Lodon as Reference
Loden and Establishments
Loden and Establishments
Loden City Large.png (4.74 MiB) Viewed 1218 times

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:I think we need to head to Ironthal. They should have been more active in this whole Vampire thing. They used to provide protection to the region, but now that has stopped. Lets go there, see what needs to be rescued or expelled to kick start the Knights of Ironthal then we can think about what lies ahead knowing that we have well and truly un-fucked this place.
Rickul - "I concur. Nothing says corruption like a people going from guardian to oppressors. I feel we should bring Malazar's light to this place as soon as possible."
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Tungsten »

I think job one is talking with the Cloud Giants. Faelwen suggests that we speak to them over a 9 course banquet in her new extradimensional mansion. Some call it magnificent.

Next Tungsten wants to hear more about Chardecun. Who has overthrown this kingdom and made so many refugees??? Sounds like a good fight to him. Tungsten also recommends that the city of Ironthal go fuck itself. Nothing but thieves, assassins and evil wizards. No thanks. If Loden was any indication of the character of these people, Tungsten finds them lacking. Especially when our party is ambushed in the center of town and no one comes to our aid.

Lastly, we should review our items and gear and make sure that everything is distributed in the most effective manner amongst our party.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Rhourk »

So one vote for not going to Ironthal. I am fine with that, my guys will rationalize it as "Isok was running the bad guys and now he's dead, again, or really dead or whatever". I am really looking for a player consensus here to help Chris along.

Chardecun would certainly be a fight. After all it's the birthplace of "the one called Nihil". Conquered by horrible evil decades ago, population slaughtered. The refugees are probably from the surrounding areas hiding in the abandoned ruins of a once great trading nation. It has all the makings of an epic showdown, and something the party would look into. And of course we have the hook...

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Tungsten »

Chardecun is getting more and more interesting...

We could try to rally the refugees to help fight to free their homeland.

Add something else to our to do list: ask Nihil about the Eye that he carries which Isok was so hell bent upon possessing.

Faelwen will ask her Mentor about the Basilisk Magistorium.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:Tungsten also recommends that the city of Ironthal go fuck itself. Nothing but thieves, assassins and evil wizards. No thanks. If Loden was any indication of the character of these people, Tungsten finds them lacking. Especially when our party is ambushed in the center of town and no one comes to our aid.

Lastly, we should review our items and gear and make sure that everything is distributed in the most effective manner amongst our party.

Rickul: "Comrade, the people of Loden had been oppressed and under such a corrupt tyrannical leader for far too long. I beg that you do not judge them too harshly. There is good to be found there as well, and it takes only a small light to chase away the dark (in a 60ft radius, plus 20ft dim light). It's just as likely that they're waiting for a group of heroes such as us to come free them from oppression. Perhaps all they need is to see the light of Malazar shine in their darkened lives.... Vanquishing Isok was a good first step. Ironthal, however, is certain to be in dire need of our presence as well. If a good fight is what you're looking for, I doubt that city will disappoint.
I do agree that a check of our gear is in order, however.
"
(Before 2pm today, I will have verified and cleaned up the Community Chest thread and will post here when it's all 100% accurate)

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:Add something else to our to do list: ask Nihil about the Eye that he carries which Isok was so hell bent upon possessing.
I think a long (RP) chat with our new friend here is long overdue, perhaps once the party has an adventuring direction this afternoon!

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: It seems that the party wishes to return and regroup in Loden. Then see what lies north beyond Angor and into Flahrim, then across the Great Inland Sea of Nyr Dyv?

Bad Wolf Bridget
Squire
Squire

#13 Post by Bad Wolf Bridget »

Yeah I vote for Loden. Sounds good to me.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Followers

#14 Post by Johnny Champion »

Many of your followers are asking about your return...specifically one of Rickul's closest Rangers sent the following message:

"Sir Rickul (insert PC name), we have not heard from you in several months, what are your plans? Are you returning to Wesphalia or the Scholl Valley?

The Grand Duke has been summoned to the Great Cloud, his advisors are unsure if he should go. They call it 'Altum Fretus', and Casmir sits on the throne seeking tribute from the Grand Duchy.

Should we abandon these lands and make for the Great Veil and join you?"

Bad Wolf Bridget
Squire
Squire

Convo With Cloud Giant

#15 Post by Bad Wolf Bridget »

Dawned with her wolf helm, Regula Repario, and her brilliant white cloak bearing an embroidered symbol of Malazar, Lumiere confidently leads the party across the bridge at an emissary-like speed. The large waterfall in the background, this is quite a sight to behold. "Greetings to you, mighty Hygor, we mean you no harm."
"We, Helio Verum, have vanquished the vampire lord, Isok, and purged this place of his evil and we now claim the Carn of Angor as our own. You are commended for your faithful service to our fallen foe, but we would like to know.... what is it that Isok promised you as payment for your services and what incentive did you have to stay under one such as he? Also, where have you come from?"

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Followers

#16 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:"Sir Rickul (insert PC name), we have not heard from you in several months, what are your plans? Are you returning to Wesphalia or the Scholl Valley?

The Grand Duke has been summoned to the Great Cloud, his advisors are unsure if he should go. They call it 'Altum Fretus', and Casmir sits on the throne seeking tribute from the Grand Duchy.

Should we abandon these lands and make for the Great Veil and join you?"
Response: "I have received your message, my faithful Ranger. Lay low for another day and I will send word with instructions. I appreciate your patience and diligence and look forward to seeing you all soon."

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Convo With Cloud Giant

#17 Post by Johnny Champion »

Bad Wolf Bridget wrote:Dawned with her wolf helm, Regula Repario, and her brilliant white cloak bearing an embroidered symbol of Malazar, Lumiere confidently leads the party across the bridge at an emissary-like speed. The large waterfall in the background, this is quite a sight to behold. "Greetings to you, mighty Hygor, we mean you no harm."
"We, Helio Verum, have vanquished the vampire lord, Isok, and purged this place of his evil and we now claim the Carn of Angor as our own. You are commended for your faithful service to our fallen foe, but we would like to know.... what is it that Isok promised you as payment for your services and what incentive did you have to stay under one such as he? Also, where have you come from?"
Hygor, puts away his wicked morning star and looks upon Lumiere: "You have vanquished Isok? And where is our leader Zark and his captain Arlen? You speak eloquently my diminutive friend. We ask only for 1/4 of the wealth of Zark that you must've found in his chamber. We will need it as a bribe to re-enter Altum Fretus"

Bad Wolf Bridget
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by Bad Wolf Bridget »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Bad Wolf Bridget wrote:Dawned with her wolf helm, Regula Repario, and her brilliant white cloak bearing an embroidered symbol of Malazar, Lumiere confidently leads the party across the bridge at an emissary-like speed. The large waterfall in the background, this is quite a sight to behold. "Greetings to you, mighty Hygor, we mean you no harm."
Hygor, puts away his wicked morning star and looks upon Lumiere: "You have vanquished Isok? And where is our leader Zark and his captain Arlen? You speak eloquently my diminutive friend. We ask only for 1/4 of the wealth of Zark that you must've found in his chamber. We will need it as a bribe to re-enter Altum Fretus"
"Your superiors were killed in battle while defending Isok. You say you need a bribe to return to Altum Fretus? What would be your price to remain here and guard this Carn from those who would seek to incite evil in these lands?"

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen asks "What is Altum Fretus?" Of course. "And who must you bribe in which to enter it?"

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”