Safe Hearts, Ground Rules - Please Read

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Safe Hearts, Ground Rules - Please Read

#1 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Monsterhearts is inherently fraught with danger. This is because it is supposed to play with your dark parts, and the parts you don't want to necessarily show or remember. Sometimes, it's hurtful to consider you (or an avatar of you) in these situations, and that's okay. That's what we want to bring out... the personal horror of our own inner demons and monsters.

However, we can't do that without a feeling of safety, which comes out of mutual respect for each other's boundaries and personhood.

The author of the game wrote something called "Safe Hearts - a guide to boundaries and vulnerability in Monsterhearts".

When you have the time, please read it. It's a brief pamphlet on how we can set up boundaries and ways to feel safe within delicate and difficult topics that we might touch upon as our game goes forward. It's a brief 8-page, 1-fold booklet... so like 4 pages of a pdf.

It's a marvelous way to set up this game, I think. A good way for us to have mature discussions about where we can go and not go together, in this mad journey.

And it still frightens the shit out of me, the possibilities of this whole endeavor... BUT, I have faith that we can do it. By setting this game up for you, I ask you all to hold faith with me.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Safe Hearts, Ground Rules - Please Read

#2 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Also, a reminder.

The forum has Rules of Etiquette. We dare not break them.

Reminder: Keep it SFW.

Sexy is good! Flirty passages that flaunt things are fine... until you provide blatant descriptions of things that do not belong. Imagine "The Walking Dead". You know that some characters are naked, or possibly even having sex while on the screen... but you don't see the naughty bits, and you don't see actual sex. It's the suggestion, and the situation that makes it known for what is going on. That SFW boundary of "suggestion" is as far as we can go (if we choose to go that far).

However, do not transgress and move into NSFW. Graphic descriptions of blatant NSFW content will shut this thing down, and it will be the end for us all.

Please respect the NSFW boundary.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Oh... snap.

Copyright.

Okay, DON'T give me pictures of your characters. Link to the pictures online.

I know people fudge on this for character art all the time, but I was just browsing DeviantArt, and I thought about artist copyrights. I don't want to violate their rights either.

So, images. We'll provide LINKS to pictures that we'd like to share. However, we're not to take the pictures and re-post them. That would be bad.

Thanks.
Got to edit some character sheets now...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

I was originally going to post a link for mine, but the image wouldn't appear, so I just used a snipping tool.
Here is the bing image search down below, the site it is found on has another link underneath the image.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pen ... dIndex=203
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”