Posting Guidelines and Rules

FronkyDondo
FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Posting Guidelines and Rules

#1 Post by FronkyDondo »

Posting frequency
I expect everyone to be able to post 1 time a day. If you can not, let me know. We can arrange pre-programmed actions for your character. If you consistently can not, your character will be placed in NPC status.
---------------------------------------------------------
When posting Out of character chat in forums, please use the ooc tag, e.g.
Can my character fire on the goblins without hitting party members?

When posting as your character, at least in the beginning, please identify him/her with the bold tag, using Name, Race and Class, e.g.:
Garbonzo, Elf F/T

When your character speaks, please use the dialog tag and quotes, e.g.
"I will slay you!"

Otherwise, just use normal text. So full example:
Garbonzo, Elf F/T
Can my character fire on the goblins without hitting party members? If so, he attacks!
"I will slay you!"
He fires his bow twice
----------------------------------------------------------
Rolls, macros
Please create macros for your characters - GreyWolfVT has a great example in ooc thread.
*I* will roll Thief Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, Detect Traps. Per the DM's guide, the character will *think* he or she is successful, but will not know if he/she is...

If you accidentally roll for yourself, I will not accept the result - so heads up.
A natural roll of 20 is double damage (characters and monsters); 20 always hits.
A natural roll of 1 is always a miss; character must roll his/her Dex score or less on 1d20 or drop his/her weapon.
Missile weapons: assume you can retrieve your arrows, bolts, sling stones - unless the situation dictates otherwise - basically my discretion.
Always open to hearing alternate rules/options, but the DM's decisions are always final

Using incremental "To Hit" option for fighters from DM's guide; i.e., every "even" level, the THACO goes down one
e.g. 5th level fighter needs 16 THACO, 6th level needs 15 (instead of waiting until 7th level and it going down to 14)
Everyone - let's be polite, and have fun!

Notes:
Dwarves - Detect the following within 10' - Sloping Passage (1, 2, 3 on 1d4), New Construction (1, 2, 3 on 1d4), Sliding or Shifting Walls or Rooms (1, 2, 3, 4 on 1d6), Stonework Traps (1, 2, 3 on 1d6), Determine Approximate Depth Underground (any distance, 1, 2, 3 on 1d6).

Gnomes - Detect the following within 10' - Sloping Passage (1-8 on 1d10), Unsafe Walls, Celings, or Floors (1-7 on 1d10), Determine Approximate Depth Underground (any distance, 1-6 on 1d10), Determine Direction of Travel Underground (1-5 on 1d10).

Gem and Jewelry values:
Gems
  • Dice Score - Base Value - Description - (or Size)
  • 01-25 - 10 gp - Ornamental Stones - very small
  • 26-50 - 50 gp - Semi-precious stones - small
  • 51-70 - 100 gp - Fancy stones - average
  • 71-90 - 500 gp - Fancy stones(precious) - large
  • 91-99 - 1000 gp - Gem stones - very large
  • 00 - 5000 gp - Gem stones (jewels) - huge
Jewelry
  • Dice Score - Base Value - Description
  • 01-10 - 100-1000 gp
  • 11-20 - 200-1200 gp
  • 21-40 - 300-1800 gp
  • 41-50 - 500-3000 gp
  • 51-70 - 1000-6000 gp
  • 71-90 - 2000-8000 gp
  • 91-00 - 2000-12000 gp
FORGOT TO ADD FROM EARLIER:
Weapon Specialization
Only Fighters (single-classed) can double specialize. And they can do it with more than one weapon.
Rangers and Paladins can specialize (no double-spec.). *For now* - only on one missile weapon and one melee weapon - this may change.
Multi-classed fighters *For now* - no weapon specialization - this may change (may open to one weap. spec. at a later date)
Trying to balance the classes a bit.

Level Advancement
Characters may advance a level during the Campaign, but must exit the dungeon to a place of refuge (cleared out Dwarven Keep, e.g.)

Possible Alternate Rules
Considering the following
I found this recently (PDF of House rules by someone named Jason Cone)
"spell-casters enjoy the capability to produce minor magical effects related to the spells they have currently memorized. For example, a magic user who has fireball memorized might be able to
light his pipe with a small flame from his thumb, or make smoke come from his ears when annoyed. A sorceress with gust of wind memorized might have her hair constantly blowing in an otherwise non-existent breeze. Using a special effect does not cast or use up the spell it is related to; they're not so much "spells" as they are tangible evidence that the magic user has a spell memorized. I do not codify these effects, but rather rely on the players to suggest or request an effect, which I then approve or deny. While I do not have a hard-and-fast rule against special effects that have a mechanical game effect, special effects are always minor, cantrip-like effects."

Return to “The Haunted Mines of Gomor - 1ed AD&D”