LFP Post

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

LFP Post

#1 Post by Antman9 »

Hey All,

I’m looking for 6-8 players to join a new campaign of the Classic D&D style. I’m a wee bit new here so give my profile a look-see in “The GMs Of The Unseen Servant.”

Players So Far
Sol: Zirus – Lizard Man - Cleric
MonkeyWrench: Charon Ebonis of the Bleeding Eye - Irda – Occultist
Keehnelf: Buckey Halfbeard - Halfling - Barbarian
GreyWolfVT: Gorthak - Minotaur - Knight
Badams30: Quinn – Human – ???
ArtoriasAbyssWalker: ??? - Dark Elf - Psionicist

Instructions for This Thread
Glad to have you aboard.

I created the campaign on the Dice Roller:
Dragons Belch: A New Beginning, Campaign ID: 196

Please roll your character stats on the dice roller and assign per the "Core Rules" attached below. Then complete the "Character Record Sheet" attached and message it it to me for approval. You can go ahead and make an initial post here on the "LFP: Custom OD&D/AD&D Dungeon Crawl - STATUS: NEW (OPEN)” thread. Simply introduce yourself and state what character (Name, Race and intended 1st level Class) you intend to play. Once we have worked out the details in your character sheet I will have you modify your introduction and post it there. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Ruleset
I will be running a custom Rule Set that is a stripped down version of OD&D and AD&D combined, with a bit of other stuff mixed in. Anyone interested should read the Core Rules PDF below for further instructions. All characters will begin as Zero-Level characters.

Game Type
The game will be a mixture of dungeon crawl and strong role-playing. I prefer players who will embrace a group dynamic as apposed to single-minded play styles. The campaign will be a mixture of customized published adventures and maps, hand drawn maps, custom story plots, and a whole bunch of nasty critters and crawlers. My true love is the dungeon crawl, but it’s hard to beat a good story.

Posting
I will be posting roughly once a day. If a player needs a day or two to post, I will wait to make any DM posts. If play starts to move faster than that I may oblige from time to time.

Campaign Introduction

Dragons Belch: A New Beginning
You have spent your life dreaming of this day. As a child you spent every free minute playing in the fields with a stick for your mighty sword and a rotten bucket as your Helm of Might. You saved every copper piece from every filthy godforsaken job you could find. Scraping together the barest of essentials and kissing your mother goodbye, you step across the threshold of your childhood home determined to become the greatest adventurer ever to live. Your father, smoking his morning pipe in a rickety old rocking chair on the front porch, glances at your humble belongings and scoffs at your determination. With a lump in your throat and a burning desire to prove him wrong, you stride across the yard with head high and begin the ten-mile journey to town.

You make it to the city of Dragons Belch by nightfall. Exhausted and questioning your decision to leave home, you rent a room at the Red Ale Inn. You are determined to see what tomorrow brings. Going back and facing your father is not an option. You must follow through with your plan regardless of the consequences. You sleep fitfully and wake to the dingy light of morning and the fetid smells of sweat from those who slept before you in their alcohol-addled stupor. You splash your face with cold water from the basin in the corner and step into the dust-choked street.

The street vendors are busy preparing their wares; the people of Dragons Belch have begun their daily routine. A thick, pale, rough looking man steps in front of your gaze. Looking you up and down he steps to one side, makes a short circle, and comes around to face you. He is extremely close, too close. You can smell the pungent aroma of pipe tobacco. His garb is clean but worn. There is determination in his eyes as his lips part to speak. He pauses a moment, steps back a pace, and considers you once more.

“I might be wrong about you. But I think not. You appear to be at the doorstep of a journey, a journey you fear to take but must. Your heart is big and your desire even bigger. Though you may fail, I fear you will try nonetheless. Today is your lucky day young lad. For I will help you become a man or die trying. What say you?”

Background Info
City of Dragons Belch
The city of Dragons Belch was once a port city hub feeding the gluttonous rule of King Damara. Most of the city has fallen to ruin now. There are old, hidden, dark secrets within Dragons Belch and very few, save the High Wizard Netheril, still know of them. Many of these secrets are guarded by Netheril’s own personal guard force. Today Dragons Belch is a bankrupt port city under the indifferent management of the High Lord Lorcan Brickfoot Grimwood. Any number of items and services can be purchased in Dragons Belch, for a price. The price may not always be to your liking though.

The High Lord Lorcan Brickfoot Grimwood (Human)
Lorcan was given the nickname Brickfoot many years ago when he came into power over Dragons Belch after the fall of Damara’s Castle. His first order of business after taking possession was to repave every street in town. During the renewal process many under-city portals were sealed never to be opened again. Many are still accessible via secret and hidden ways only known by Netheril and few others. The project nearly bankrupted the city and it has yet to recover. Lorcan is now an angry bitter old man. Any day now a young man will challenge the rule of Brickfoot. In this, Lorcan has assured his own demise. The town has never forgotten how he nearly brought the city to its knees.

High Wizard Netheril (Human) (20th level wizard)
Netheril is a demanding old man who is overly confidant in his abilities and those of his apprentices. He has lost more apprentices than he can count. He often sends them on errands they are clearly not qualified to perform. He spends an inordinate amount of time on research in his tower. The remainder of his time is spent performing rudimentary talks for the city of Dragons Belch. He hates these tasks and often delegates them to his apprentices.

Netheril Tower is constructed of massive gray stone blocks, several large rooms to each floor. Many of the rooms contain tables covered in scrolls, books, bubbling beakers, and strange, stuffed creatures. Netheril employs a team of guards that have various duties specific to the tower and his own personal needs.
Netheril is often short and curt in his speech but means well. His time is valuable and as such he abhors wasting it on idle chitchat.

Red Ale Inn
The Red Ale Inn is, by far, the most popular and safest place to eat and sleep in Dragons Belch. This, as it so happens, is primarily because it sits adjacent to the High Lord Lorcan’s mansion. Lorcan has his own table at the Red Ale Inn and can be seen sitting there most days.

Taran Swiftwing (Elf) (Elven Lord, 2nd level Magic-User)
Taran is a cheerful Elf with golden hair and blue eyes and often wears brown robes. He has been accepted as an apprentice to the High Wizard Netheril. Netheril is very demanding of him and often sends him on errands for which he has no business performing. Taran is young as Elves go, but he does his best to please the High Wizard Netheril. He is eager to learn the ways of magic use.

Gunther Wilmhest (Human) (Assistant to the High Wizard Netheril)
Gunther has been in the employ of Netheril for many years. It is his job to attend to the errands and demands of Netheril. He has made a comfortable living helping Netheril and enjoys his job. From time to time he is tasked to find adventurers (Netheril’s guards humorously call them Dragon Fodder) to perform tasks for which Netheril has no time or interest to do, which happens to be every task outside of his tower. He is quite good at his job and enjoys the time outside of Netheril Tower.

The Orb of Dragonkind
The Orb of Dragonind was a powerful magical item that could change a person into a dragon once its magical secrets were unlocked. It was lost long ago. The great King Damara once ruled using the power of the orb. Twenty years ago an ogre named Bonegnasher attacked Damara’s Castle in search of the orb, killing everyone within. As a last act, Damara hid the orb somewhere in the castle.
The High Wizard Netheril sent his apprentice, Taran, to retrieve the orb before Bonegnasher could find it. When Taran did not return he sent several of his apprentices and two local adventurers to retrieve them both. The adventurers succeeded in retrieving Taran and the orb but lost a comrade in the process, a young Kender named Zander Riverbend (Zee).

Damara (Human) / Damara’s Castle
Damara was an ancient wizard who fought for the powers of good. At his castle, he guarded the Orb of Dragonkind to ensure it would never fall into evil hands. Upon his death many heroes attempted to find the orb. The castle quickly fell to ruins. A rumor, floating upon the air of Dragons Belch, tells of a young adventurer, Crow—one of the original party members who retrieved the orb for Nehteril—who befriended a clan of Kobolds and presently resides in the ruins.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”